Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fox and the Hound

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lucy Lioness
    Maybe the Fox and the Hound 2 will be another midquel - like Tarzan 2. Focussing more on Todd and Copper growing up.
    They can't though. Copper and Tod grew up seperately from each other - Copper went on a hunting trip which lasted until he was an adult. And the title can't be Friends Forever if it focuses on the two growing up seperately from each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Melody of Scar
    They can't though. Copper and Tod grew up seperately from each other - Copper went on a hunting trip which lasted until he was an adult. And the title can't be Friends Forever if it focuses on the two growing up seperately from each other.
    By the way I just wanted to tell you that, that list might not be totally accurate so nothing much to worry about. For 1 I heard they scrapped the whole Dumbo two idea a few months ago. So a little more of those may have been scrapped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Simba22
    By the way I just wanted to tell you that, that list might not be totally accurate so nothing much to worry about. For 1 I heard they scrapped the whole Dumbo two idea a few months ago. So a little more of those may have been scrapped.
    Most of it is accurate. The only ones I couldn't find were Cinderella, Hercules, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Newer Grove, and Rescuers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Most of it is accurate. The only ones I couldn't find were Cinderella, Hercules, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Newer Grove, and Rescuers.
    Oh they must have unscrapped it at the last minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh they must have unscrapped it at the last minute.
    Dumbo was scrapped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought so I was just saying if that was scrapped and that was on the list some others may have been too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope FatH2 isn't scrapped.. I actually wanna see what do with it, even if it'll suck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought so I was just saying if that was scrapped and that was on the list some others may have been too.
    Again, I found sites showing that all the listed movies except Cinderella, Hercules, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Newer Grove, and Rescuers ( add in respective numbers ) are actually being released.

And I'm disappointed that they're putting out a sequel... FatH is such a pure movie left alone as it is. I don't need any more stories to be added onto it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Again, I found sites showing that all the listed movies except Cinderella, Hercules, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Newer Grove, and Rescuers ( add in respective numbers ) are actually being released.

And I'm disappointed that they're putting out a sequel... FatH is such a pure movie left alone as it is. I don't need any more stories to be added onto it.
    I actually agree with that but we'll just see how it turns out. But basically what more could they add? Besides Tod and Vixey having 6 kids or whatever and then A new family moves in with a female dog for Copper there's really nothing more they can do. I'm sorry for not understanding MOS. I believe Sequeals must be given a chance before literally bashing them. I believe instead of Bashing them we should all just have high hopes that it will turn out good. Because in all seriousness you can't really judge a movie before seeing it I don't think we even know the plot yet. SO IMHO I think we should all just have high hopes that most of those are going to turn out good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually agree with that but we'll just see how it turns out. But basically what more could they add? Besides Tod and Vixey having 6 kids or whatever and then A new family moves in with a female dog for Copper there's really nothing more they can do. I'm sorry for not understanding MOS. I believe Sequeals must be given a chance before literally bashing them. I believe instead of Bashing them we should all just have high hopes that it will turn out good. Because in all seriousness you can't really judge a movie before seeing it I don't think we even know the plot yet. SO IMHO I think we should all just have high hopes that most of those are going to turn out good.
    Sorry if I sounded snappy. But based on pervious sequels ( Little Mermaid 2, Lady and the Tramp 2, Beauty and the Beast 2+, Cinderella 2, etc. ) I have no more faith in Disney sequels. As it is, I have no faith in 95% of sequels that come out. Star Wars 1-3 blew. The only sequels I enjoyed from Disney were Rescuers Down Under and Simba's Pride. Hakuna Matata was alright.

But just based on previous experience, I don't have faith for any of these either. Disney sequels are usually a sappy plot with sappy music... Original movies had plots, and now it's all the recycled "Fall in love with outsider, parents look down on, run away!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agh MoS, tell me about it! I hated Star Wars 1 + 2.. well not hated, but yeah.. 3 was okay. 4-5-6 are better TENFOLD... erm.. [/geeky rambling]

Yeah. I don't even like SP, the only redeeming qualities for me were Nuka and Vitani, and *maybe* Zira. I loved TLK3.. [SIZE=small]at times more than tlk...[/SIZE] but yeah. A great amount of sequels are crap, this one probably will be too. I'm just curious at what they'll do with it.. morbid fascination, y'know. =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    Agh MoS, tell me about it! I hated Star Wars 1 + 2.. well not hated, but yeah.. 3 was okay. 4-5-6 are better TENFOLD... erm.. [/geeky rambling]

Yeah. I don't even like SP, the only redeeming qualities for me were Nuka and Vitani, and *maybe* Zira. I loved TLK3.. [SIZE=small]at times more than tlk...[/SIZE] but yeah. A great amount of sequels are crap, this one probably will be too. I'm just curious at what they'll do with it.. morbid fascination, y'know. =P
    xD I haven't seen most of the Disney sequels, coming to think of it...

They looked like crap from the start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Disney Sequal.. Not recommended
    trust me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm watching it right now..

They're so bloody adorable! <33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm watching it right now..

They're so bloody adorable! <33
    I watched it the other day, and I'll watch it again soon.

It makes me cry, and the ending is so bittersweet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I loved that movie ^_^ It was awesome, I think it was one of the first Disney Movies I saw... Or was TLK the first Disney movie I saw.. Oh well one of those, I loved the Fox and the Hound anyways, Thought it was cute, and it was sad

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It makes me cry, and the ending is so bittersweet...
    Yeah.. I'm glad the ending wasn't all "OMG HAPPY HAPPY THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER!"...ish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah.. I'm glad the ending wasn't all "OMG HAPPY HAPPY THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER!"...ish.
    I don't mean to be the bear of bad news but something tells me that's how the sequel will end one way or another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fox and the Hound, what can I really say about this movie? It's a really great animation that I've always cherished. You have to love the story within it and be appreciative of the movie in general. It's really quite unfortunate that you don't find a whole lot of FatH merchandise out there. I would buy just about everything they had.

I've always loved this movie, when I was little, and my love for it was renewed about 3 years ago when my cousin came down from Michigan with us to stay for a few weeks. Whenever we're with him we're determined to watch old Disney animations. That year, one of them had been Fox and the Hound. Niether of us had watched the film for a while. When we watched it both of us cried and immediately started the tape over to watch it again while we attempted to draw the characters. Since then my cousin has bought the DVD, which he brings down to Florida whenever he visits and we watch it together every year. We're crazy about it!

There's going to be a sequel to it? Og dear. I can't say I'm pleased with Disney's efforts now a days. I mean really, they're making sequels to everything when they could be plotting up an idea for a completely new 2D animated movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i love this movie!
    cheif is my all time fave, even if he is a jerk :nukasm:
    i hated the part when the train ran him over. wait...if a train ran a dog over, would'nt it have died? unless the train knicked him, but from what i can remember, he stared at it like a deer in headlights. :horror:
    but i agree with everyone that that saddest part is when todd is released back into the wild and he's haveing the hardest time adjusting...
    but i love it when todd tries to impress vixey by fishing.

as for sequels, i say give them a chance...UNLESS they 3-D an already 2-D classic. THEN that's when the fur flies!
    but i always thought that "the end" ment "the end" as in it can't continue. walt was saying that, pretty much. but since disney cant come up with their own ideas, they work off of something already made.
    but im going to be giving said sequels a shot.
    though cinderalla 2 kinda made me sketchy.