Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omfg Dont See Dawn Of The Dead !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Omfg Dont See Dawn Of The Dead !!

ok...first of all....Dawn of the dead is not for anyone under the age of 18 "am over mature but that is no exscuse"

my self is a fan of Zombie flash eating things and so on.....anyway the moive dont give you a begining break it dusent even take 5 min for the exstrimly cruwel and groe to start.....if you dont have the stomack to see a horror moive you dont have the stomeck to see this....if you thought that Dawn of the dead was something like Resident evli 1 and 2....think again.....this is pure grow and horror....no action.....its just a blood spirting moive ofcurse there is action.....but when i say action in this i mean blowing half head of zombies....presing a sprear throw there head do i need to continue?.....

my self got a pure shock when i saw it.....i really recomend that you dont see it "if you are under 18 ".....now this is gona atrack alot ppl to see it i know....but am giving you a warning.....

and the comedy Shan of the dead.....god.....ok...it is funny on maney places....but god duse it get crawl aswell....its almost worse then dawn of the dead with the blood spurting and head blowing.....

anyway....dont see these moives....am so strongly recomending not to....my self just saw em....and i may be a fan of flesh eating zombies.....but the effects in these moives are really desturbing....i warend ya now its up to you.....bless your soul Shadow

and dont ask why i put this up maybe its the shock i dont know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmm.....is it really that bad shadow? Iv seen some pretty gory war movies like Saving Private Ryne and Band of Brothers and stuf like that , i also like horror movies and stuff, but if its seriously as bad as you say it is i might change my mind about seeing it. but i think your post made me just wanna see it even more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't want to see it in the first place. But thanks for the heads up so I can warn.. people..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked Dawn of the Dead in my own twisted way. You gotta admit the sniping scene was pretty funny as were the credits. Good surround sound mix too.

Sudi, it's not as gory as Saving Private Ryan IMO because it is excessive to an almost comedic point, whereas SPR was intended to be very realistic and sickening. If you like zombie/horror movies at all I don't think you'd have a problem with Dawn of the Dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It scared the **** out of me but I still liked it

The gory parts arent that bad, thought you shouldnt probaly see that if youre under 15 atleast :E

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i haven't seen the new version of it but I have seen the original which just made me laugh because it was so cheaply done not even scary
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't really recommend this movie for anyone under 18 either, so thats good advice Shadow

If i had have seen this when i was just a few years younger, it would have scared the heck out of me ...i mean, once when i was little i saw some part of a very old horror movie ("Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" i think is the one), and a guy gets his arm severed. Basically the special effects involved the guy taking his arm out of his sleeve and looking a bit shocked. At the time, that scared the heck out of me, and i couldn't get that disturbing image out of my mind for ages. When i saw it again, years later, the scene was almost funny

The point is that Dawn of the Dead has lots of scenes that will stick in your mind and freak you out, if you're not ready for it. Unless you understand completely that it is all just fancy film making, then you shouldn't see it.

Personally i enjoyed it very much, and it qualified entry into my DVD collection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i've seen it! it was cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    as i said am persenly fan of Zombie movies and sutsh so this was azsome for me ^^ but as i said and i glad you agred this moive is really desturbing "with the good effects" and sutsh....but in the whole i think its a great and azsome moive ...am not a fan of gore and exstrimly bloody things so i was like "huuu...." in maney places in the moive.....but a thing that shocked me hard was in the end with the chainsaw.....do i have to say more....you know....right befure the crached.....i was like.....omg.....but as i said under 18 dont watch it.....if you are like me a fan of flesh eating zombies this is a good moive...BUT be preperd for grose things and stush.....so i say its a good moive but DEFEDENTLY not for any one under the age of 18.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lol you all make me wanna see it, is it one of thouse ones which is more scary at the cinema than at home or the other way or just scary full stop?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't like gory movies... XD
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well it is a very good moive "for the right ppl" and it is scary the one how dusent adnimt that is not a living thing....if i would see this is the cinemas i would **** my pants over and over again hehe....but yeah all in all its a good moive "for the right ppl" if you cant take these groe and horror things then this moive probebly suck ***...but no mater how you twist it its a great horror moive

Edit: dont watch this then Sharifu
    hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked a few parts of Dawn of the Dead, but overall, the plot seemed a bit dull to me; if ya see one zombie movie, you've seen them all.

Now if you want a demented movie, watch "Saw". Not as gory as Dawn of the Dead, but kinda morbid, even if some parts are humorous. I have to admit though, it would suck to be stuck in a room of razor wire and have to get out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    Same here, I'm such a wuss when it comes to movies... My idea of a suitable movie is Pikachu's Vacation ...

I don't think I'll be going to see this movie ...
    Ditto.. except the Pikachu's Vacation part.. xD Well I guess it wouldn't be TOO bad.

I thought "The Birds" was hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scary movies are awesome. I don't think to me at least, zombies are horrific.

(on the other hand, if they were real, then they would scare the hell out of me. o_O !)

So... I'm deliberating to see this movie, hmm...

Read something important below:

"I Fool You!" XD - </therandomnesshastrickedyou!>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *scratches the side of his head*

Hmm.

It's been a little while since I last saw this movie, but I didn't think of it as anything -that- scary. Of course everything affects everyone in a unique way, but generally I'd say kids of these days have seen worse than this one. This is a "funny" horror movie. S'too bad there aren't that many decent psychological horror movies..

Oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by shadow
    but a thing that shocked me hard was in the end with the chainsaw.....do i have to say more....you know....right befure the crached.....i was like.....omg.....
    Now i have to admit, the part freaked me out too. The idea of chainsaws + people just really bothers me, a lot more than any other form of violence, so its difficult for me to watch that.

Needless to say, i would NOT watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the original one. I think that would be the only movie i wouldn't watch.

Originally posted by pntbll248

Now if you want a demented movie, watch "Saw". Not as gory as Dawn of the Dead, but kinda morbid, even if some parts are humorous. I have to admit though, it would suck to be stuck in a room of razor wire and have to get out
    I agree, i reckon Saw was pretty funny. The acting was really terrible . It was pretty original though, and some of the parts in it were pretty freaky. The reverse bear trap was a horrible thought. Normally in a horror movie you'd want to see it actually work on someone, but in this movie, you really don't The ending was really shocking too, i totally didn't see that coming!

And just as an interesting little side note, the 2 guys that wrote and directed the movie are Aussies, and they went to RMIT which is roughly 5-10 mins down the road from where i live Useless fact there, but anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Tigris Of Gaul
    *scratches the side of his head*

Hmm.

It's been a little while since I last saw this movie, but I didn't think of it as anything -that- scary. Of course everything affects everyone in a unique way, but generally I'd say kids of these days have seen worse than this one. This is a "funny" horror movie. S'too bad there aren't that many decent psychological horror movies..

Oh well.
    now you havent seen Dawn of the dead....you have seen Shan of the dead witch is a horror comedy moive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by shadow
    now you havent seen Dawn of the dead....you have seen Shan of the dead witch is a horror comedy moive
    Yes, I have.

-- SPOILER --

A few parts of the movie were amusing. Such as the one in which they were at a roof of a building and the guy at the roof of an opposite building was sniping out zombies for fun. "Do you think I can hit that Burt Reynolds looking one?" .. or so. I grinned.

Funny movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sean of the Dead was a very funny British film.

Personally, I don't see what's so bad about DotD- just another zombie film to laugh at.