Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The last book you've read...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The last book you've read...?

Like the title says! ^_^ What is the last book(s) you've read recently?

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Last Olympian

I <3 this series so much, for me personally, it's as great as Harry Potter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Love the Percy Jackson series! The author lives here too! He used to teach middle school at one of the private schools here. He does a bunch of things with the local Barnes and Noble stores. I've yet to meet him though. Maybe when the next book in his new series comes out.

I'm reading the last book of The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod series. Up next, I think it should be a grown up vampire book.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    Love the Percy Jackson series! The author lives here too! He used to teach middle school at one of the private schools here. He does a bunch of things with the local Barnes and Noble stores. I've yet to meet him though. Maybe when the next book in his new series comes out.

I'm reading the last book of The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod series. Up next, I think it should be a grown up vampire book.
    Oh wow, lucky you! I'm still in the middle of reading The Lost Hero, which is turning out to be just as awesome. Got a favorite character? I love Thalia, lol.

And never heard of the one you're currently reading. O_o

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't know. I kind of like Nico. And for some reason when I read them, I picture the Disney version of the gods. My brain, she is corrupt.

I'm not surprised you've not heard of it. It came out before the Twilight craze. But, of course, it gets lumped in there with the "vampire craze" books. It's really not though. It's well written and has a great mythology that you can tell it well thought out between the books. There was a jab at Twilight in the chapter I read the other night. Cracked me up so bad haha.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll admit I'm not all caught up in vampire fiction, as much as I love vampires, lol. Only one I ever read was Stoker's Dracula. XD <3 but hey, any jab at Twilight is made of awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Mmmm Dracula. I have a sequel that his great-grandson wrote using his notes. It's sitting on my nightstand to be read next. I'm really into vampires. Always have been It can get hard for a vampire fan in these Twilight times.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Currently reading The last dragonlord. The last book I read was Firebringer and before that Life of Pi.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    currently reading onward, the new book on starbucks that's supposed to be amazing. I just had my first day of work at starbucks today and they just gave it to me

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Currently reading The Named series by Clare bell, so far I'm on the 2nd book out of 5. It's a cool story where ancient (presumably African) big wild cats have grown sentient, and the series starts in the 1st book by them discovering fire.
    The last book I read before this series was Firebringer by David Clement-Davies and The Left Hand of God by Paul Hoffman before that. And prior to that I read the Guardian's of Ga'Hoole - series by Kathryn Lasky.
    I have David Clement-Davies' The Sight and its sequel Fell waiting their turn on my shelf (, both of them also animal novels), and I'm also planning on getting my hands on Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder, which I've heard is something like a book about the history of philosophy, disguised as a fictional novel. Sounds like a good read to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't even remember the last book I finished . I've been too busy lately.

But I plan on reading Dexter is Delicious next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Last Unicorn. It was a good book, but I've seen the movie so many times that I fear it might have taken something away from the actual reading of the story.

Next in line, once I have the time: The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (a rather longer read).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Currently reading The Named series by Clare bell, so far I'm on the 2nd book out of 5. It's a cool story where ancient (presumably African) big wild cats have grown sentient, and the series starts in the 1st book by them discovering fire.
    The last book I read before this series was Firebringer by David Clement-Davies and The Left Hand of God by Paul Hoffman before that. And prior to that I read the Guardian's of Ga'Hoole - series by Kathryn Lasky.
    I have David Clement-Davies' The Sight and its sequel Fell waiting their turn on my shelf (, both of them also animal novels), and I'm also planning on getting my hands on Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder, which I've heard is something like a book about the history of philosophy, disguised as a fictional novel. Sounds like a good read to me.
    I have been wanting to read The Named series for so long, looked at purchasing online but some of the prices seemed rather excessive, so I haven't been able to get a hold of them yet. I have been also meaning to read The Sight and Fell, but haven't gotten around to those either. I need to stop by my favourite second hand book store and have a look for more animal novels, they often have some

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The last book that I have read is 'Band of Brothers' by Stepehn E. Ambrose.
    I have already read it through once many years back but only recently decided to re-read it after watching the series on blu-ray. I'm sort of quite interested in what happened during world war 2 and having read some of his other books in the past such as Wild Blue and Pegasus bridge. Being in the military myself (Navy) I'm quite interested to read what difference have been made from then till now in basic training and how soldiers etc. lived.
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm going to be finishing that Vlad Tod book tonight. Holy twist, Batman! I love that a bunch of this stuff was toooooootally noticeable in the previous books, but was just overlooked for whatever reason. It's like a Doctor Who series!

Speaking of Doctor Who, I have some novels I found at Half-Price Books. I think I'll start one of those tonight. Need a break from vampires for awhile. The last 5 or so books I read have been vampire ones.

I'm also going to look for that The Named series. Sounds interesting!

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "The Red Queen" by Matt Ridley
    "Clash of Kings" by George RR Martin
    I'm a friend to everypony, err lion, because friendship is magic...

The Alpha Wolf Returns Aurelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "Harpy Thyme" by Piers Anthony. I am a sci-fi buff, and love anything by Anthony. Looking forward to Brian Jacques' final Redwall book(that he wrote before his death) as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now We Are Six & When We Were Very Young - A.A.Milne

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Mossflower by Brian Jaques. I bought myself an English copy and re-read it, to be able to better keep up with the film project I'm taking part in :P While, I'm sad to admit, it wasn't quite as fantastic as I remembered it I still enjoyed reading it :3 Next up with be Redwall (also by Jaques) or continuing Passion is a Fashion, a biography on The Clash (one of my favourite bands ever, haha).

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finished The Last Dragonlord some time ago now, and I started on its sequel Dragon and Phoenix but I just haven't been able to stay into it like I usually do. Perhaps my book reading spree is over for the moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The White Fox, by Brain Parvin. It was a nice book, though fairly basic, bought it a couple years ago at a second hand book store and just never got around to reading it until now. Hunter's Moon/The Foxes of Firstdark by Garry Kilworth is a much better fox book IMO.

Currently I'm re-reading The Art of Racing in the Rain. Much love for this one.