Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good god...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    It's not really that big of a deal guys, new episodes of Looney Tunes aren't being made, it's not like WB stopped making Looney Tunes to make this new show.
    Yeah, but that's not the point. It doesn't really matter that Looney Tunes still isn't being made, it's that Looney Tunes was a good show and this is ruining it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by A_Rogue_Lion
    Well i have one thing to say
    *falls on the floor laughing and dies* OMG, that rox! XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *vomits*:horror:

I have nothing more to say....*vomits*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Picture this:

Year 2073:

"And this week Galacney and Earthxar present!!! The Liontic Emperor!!!, featuring Simba, Nala, Kovu, Kiara, and a whole new lion! Kimba!! TLE XTREMAGE!!"

Oo... hopefully we wont live that long

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *screams* :horror:

No.. it won't happen, Prince Kovu! IT WON'T HAPPEN!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oo You never know.. but just in case lets kind of save some money and make a TLK-community account so if Disney ever goes on bankrrupt and starts selling characters like crazy we can afford TLK and save it from future dissasters ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by A_Rogue_Lion
    Well i have one thing to say
    "Poochie died on the way back to his home planet."
    "Poochie was from another planet?" "I guess so... "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Prince Kovu
    Oo You never know.. but just in case lets kind of save some money and make a TLK-community account so if Disney ever goes on bankrrupt and starts selling characters like crazy we can afford TLK and save it from future dissasters ..
    I have five dollars! That'll buy us one of Scar's whiskers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Omg cool!! Just about... ten bazillions dollars more to go ^^.. I have 50 cents! we can afford a........ errr... a cloud?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravoc
    Oh lord.. what is wrong with people?! Why do they have to ruin everything that is good and decent and turn into complete and absolute crap?!
    you took the words right out of my mouth. why do people have to keep ruining the classics? thats not bugs bunny. it never will be. this is one of the things that make me hate the world right now. they turned loony toons into monsters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    O_O;;

Holy s-arafina.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, in the (filming script of Grease) words of Rizzo: "Urp, slop, bring the mop."

The person(s) who concieved of this mutilated the original characters to serve to the lowest common denomimator: The people who think this is "extreme" and that the originals are "old-timers". They don't care what the people who hate it think. All they care about is how much money they make.

:huh:As far as I'm concerned, this is nothing but a piece of "fancrap" (crappy fanstuff).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i think there pretty cool looking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually agree with TT on this one, I think the designs for the characters are pretty cool, as for whether the show will be good or not, who knows. I know it will never be anything like Loony toons but it's not really meant to be so it's allowed to be different.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with Simba_Binti on this one. To me, it's no more than a mere abomination to a legendary set class of cartoon characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Those are the new Looney Toones??? What have they done???!!!

I mean, they look great, but a whole historical background is against their new look.

Hmmm... well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lordy, lordy, I have good news you bums that are 40! (O_o Don't ask)

Boy's campaign saves Bugs Bunny

Petition convinces network to make characters less menacing

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 Posted: 4:09 PM EDT (2009 GMT)

TULSA, Oklahoma (AP) -- Eleven-year-old Thomas Adams thought Warner Bros. had gone daffy when he saw the company's plans for a new cartoon called "Loonatics," based on Bugs Bunny and his Looney Tunes pals.

The grimacing, hollow-eyed, power-fisted prototypes of a futuristic Bugs, Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner struck the boy as dark and scary. In the words of Daffy Duck, he found them "dethh-picable."

Now, nearly two months after starting an Internet petition drive against the TV series' fall debut, Thomas has gotten the company's attention.

Warner Bros. Entertainment spokesman Scott Rowe said his company wants the thousands of fans upset by the made-over characters unveiled in February to know "that's NOT all, folks." (Warner Bros. is a division of Time Warner, as is CNN.)

Those "early drawings" have been revised into characters that are softer and less menacing, he said.

"We heard the outcry from fans, including Thomas," Rowe said.

That's enough to draw an emphatic "YESSS!" from the lanky fifth-grader who started the stir with fewer than 20 signatures on a piece of paper at his private school.

Thomas couldn't figure out what was up with the plans to turn the old Looney Tunes gang into their Japanese anime-styled descendants. The prototypes depicted sword-eared superheroes, such as "Buzz Bunny," battling evil in the year 2772.

"Those weren't the Looney Tunes I know," said the boy, whose favorite classic character is the Tasmanian Devil "besides Bugs, of course."

Thomas' parents, Rachel and John Adams, suggested he might have more success by taking his drive to the Web. A family friend who runs an Internet design business was willing to help.

Between piano lessons and shooting hoops, the boy pedaled his bike to the friend's house over several evenings to work on the site's content. On February 28, www.saveourlooneytunes.com came on line.

The petition asked Warner Bros. to create entirely new characters for the series instead of "ruining" the old ones.

Within days, the response had overwhelmed the family's home computer. By late March, more than 25,000 people from around the world had signed the petition. After a CNN story on Thomas aired in mid-April, the site had tallied 80,000 signatures and 95,000 hits, the family said.

"Keep up the fight," fellow fans urged in their e-mails, calling the boy an inspiration.

The passion of fans for the old characters is understandable, said Bob Bergen, the voice actor behind Porky's stutter and Tweety's "putty tat" the past 15 years.

The "early drawings" of the original Loonatics characters.

"They've been around since the 1930s," he said. "They've been around as long as classic motion pictures."

Bergen, who decided at age 5 he wanted to be Porky Pig and "just pursued it," is not involved in the new series' development, but he cautions fans against rushing to judgment before it airs.

"The kids who are going to be seeing this are not as versed in classic Looney Tunes as these fans are," he said. "Let the target audience be the judge."

The "Loonatics" -- scheduled to air Saturday mornings come fall on Kids' WB! -- is aimed at 6-to-11-year-olds. Test groups loved it, Rowe said.

It's not intended to replaced the original characters, which appear in new episodes on Cartoon Network and classic shows on the network's station Boomerang.

"We just wanted to create something that would be accessible and fun to a new generation of kids," he said.

He said the redrawn characters will be unveiled at a later date but that "Loonatics" will remain an action-adventure show.

Thomas, who has dreams of becoming a cartoonist or comedian, hopes Warner Bros. also will continue to create new episodes for the old Looney Tunes gang.

Thrilled to have made a difference in a way his mother calls "a David and Goliath story," the young activist is considering a new protest.

"I was thinking about doing one against homework," he said.

Thank the Lord. :simbawithalo:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/19166014/

a softer look?

not fan-art just a re-sized version of the new designs pic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looks a little better. The screenshot at the beginning of the thread made me groan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe that kid could help bring 2D feature animation back? x)