Originally posted by taQuitos
Are there any sites that would have any good, but easy to understand tutorials? I wouldn't mind giving it another try too, those renders you and bahati make a freakin' sweet.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5619/cello5yz.png

It feels a bit cluttered to me.
First of all, I'm in love with that pic; as bahati said, it's a great shading style.

As for tutorials, I have one here in The Mirage and there's tons on the internet. So far, the best free tutorial resource I've seen is www.highend3d.com. If you're willing to pay some cash for some quick and useful knowledge, www.digitaltutors.com offers tons of DVDs on Maya with focus on different areas (I recommend Advanced Shading Networks to anyone using Maya, the information is priceless. I just got photorealistic car modeling as well, it's a huge DVD set, but very informative). Gnomon workshop also offers some great DVDs, though some can be much more difficult to pick up quickly.

Googling for tutorials is also a great way to find more obscure ones.

If you want some advice about starting with Maya, don't get too far into modeling before you start some serious training in rendering/texturing/shading networks. Rendering is what brings an image together, it can make poor models look professional, but if not used correctly, even professional models can look poor.