Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TLK Blu-Ray Release

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s-tlk View Post
    Why not? I'm using a unix based operating system as well and with libbluray its working perfectly fine. ;-)

The trailer is, as mentioned before, really awesome. I think they did a good job when they ported the movie, at least if the same quality arrives on the BD. The pictures are even sharper in the video, on the one hand with moving images you can't look at all the details and the jpeg compression doesn't screwed it up. I made two screenshots for my news site. They also making nice wallpapers. CoL and Hakuna :-)

There's a libbluray?? I need to keep up with things lol...
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jags50.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Linux can do a lot of things.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, this is definitely a day 1 buy for moi! I am loving the quality of both the film and the box content thus far, I just hope they don't screw up the end credits this time! I'm watching a feature film, not a made-for-tv movie for crying out loud! I want my credits to scroll up in a vertical fashion, yo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoPE View Post
    well, while the bd isnot released, let´s delight ourselves with some hd pictures from the film

I just can´t wait to have this bd in my collection...
    That last image is partially transparent as there's a shadow of the wildebeest image in the background. You can see them running down the gorge in between the vines Otherwise, I'm loving all these images!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Those images were screen caps from the trailler Azerane, but acctually i didn´t perceive that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Unf that last one. New wallpaper time...

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh wow these look epic
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jags50.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Wide Eyed Wanderer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really looking forward to seeing it in HD...I'd love them to re-release it in IMAX format but I think they're only doing it in 3D...which doesn't work for my eyes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    Unf that last one. New wallpaper time...
    Ditto! 8D

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide Eyed Wanderer View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing it in HD...I'd love them to re-release it in IMAX format but I think they're only doing it in 3D...which doesn't work for my eyes.
    I think it is a Quad pack like they did for Tangled

3D Blu-ray
    Blu-ray
    DVD
    Digital Copy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    I think it is a Quad pack like they did for Tangled

3D Blu-ray
    Blu-ray
    DVD
    Digital Copy
    Sounds expensive... I'd probably just go for a standalone Blu-Ray if they did it. Don't need another copy on DVD and the 3D would be completely wasted on me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds expensive... I'd probably just go for a standalone Blu-Ray if they did it. Don't need another copy on DVD and the 3D would be completely wasted on me!
    I would make a good collection to collect all WEW. =) Beside, it is "our" holy grail!
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guntur View Post
    I would make a good collection to collect all WEW. =) Beside, it is "our" holy grail!
    I'd consider it if there were other advantages to getting the quad pack but otherwise it would just be a bit of a waste for me!

I'll whisper it around here, but TLK *might not be my fave film anymore...*

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I will get the 8-disc set from US because seems that this will be the only way to have the sequels in BD (disney has no plans to release it as stand alone products, at least it not anounced nothing until now)

If the U.S. version has no brazilian audio/subs (i still have hope in that), i will also get the brazilian version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd consider it if there were other advantages to getting the quad pack but otherwise it would just be a bit of a waste for me!

I'll whisper it around here, but TLK *might not be my fave film anymore...*

I do wonder about the need for more DVD copies etc, a little bit of a waste perhaps, but I can understand why they're doing it. Don't know what I'll buy yet, guess I'll wait till it gets released, I'll probably be in the U.S at the time though.. so we'll see.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quite liking Amazon UK's temporary artwork...

---< Stop Whispering And Start Shouting >---

Team Night Sky Blue

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    One thing that really amuses me is the quantity of artworks alread have been posted about the new blu ray, every very diferent from other

Examples:

Its only increase my axienty in having this bd in my collection

I know that most of you already seen this release but, how no one posted it here yet, here it goes:

BURBANK, Calif. (May 26, 2011) — Simba, Mufasa, Nala, Timon and Pumbaa are back and better than ever this fall when Disney’s “The Lion King” roars into theaters and homes in breathtaking 3D.

A special two-week theatrical extravaganza kicks off Sept. 16, 2011, showcasing the Oscar®- and Golden Globe®-winning film on the big screen in Disney Digital 3D™ for the first time ever, and its highly anticipated home entertainment debut kicks off October 4, celebrating the Diamond Edition release of the epic movie “The Lion King” in high-definition Blu-ray™ and Blu-ray 3D™.

“‘The Lion King’ is the best-selling home entertainment release of all time—and this is ‘The Lion King’ like never before,” said Bob Chapek, president of distribution, The Walt Disney Studios. “The all-new 3D format immerses viewers in the epic settings and puts them face-to-face with these beloved characters. We’re showcasing one of the all-time favorite Disney movies in theaters and making it available in Blu-ray hi-def and in Blu-ray 3D—it’s the must-see, must-own title for everyone.”

Nearly a decade since “The Lion King” last appeared on the big screen, the upcoming theatrical release invites new generations into the “Circle of Life.” The two-week, 3D-only presentation is a planned wide domestic release—the biggest since the film’s 1994 debut—and the film’s first-ever 3D release.

The Blu-ray debut marks the first time “The Lion King” has been available in any form since 2004. Featuring pristine high definition picture and sound, the Blu-ray creates an incredible at-home experience with a host of picture and sound enhancements, interactive features and bonus content, including a new set of hilarious animated bloopers.

“The Lion King”: Diamond Edition home entertainment release will be available from the Disney Vault for a limited time only beginning October 4 as follows:
    · 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (for the suggested retail price of $49.99 U.S./ $56.99 Canada)
    o “The Lion King” = Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray 2D + DVD + Digital Copy™
    · 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (for the suggested retail price of $39.99 U.S./$46.99 Canada)
    o “The Lion King” = Blu-ray 2D + DVD
    · 8-Disc Trilogy (for the suggested retail price of $100.00 U.S./ $115.00 Canada)
    o “The Lion King” = Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray 2D + DVD + Digital Copy
    o “The Lion King 1½” = Blu-ray 2D + DVD
    o “The Lion King II: Simba’s Pride” = Blu-ray 2D + DVD

And the one-disc DVD Edition will be available on November 15.

Preorder The Lion King: Diamond Edition from Amazon.com:
    Blu-ray + DVD • Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy
    8-Disc Trilogy Collection (4-Disc Blu-ray 3D Combo plus sequels on Blu-ray and DVD)
    New 1-Disc DVD Edition (available November 15)

“The Lion King,” first released in 1994, won the Oscar® for Best Original Score (Hans Zimmer) and Best Original Song (Elton John/Tim Rice “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”), earning Golden Globes® in both categories, as well as for Best Motion Picture—Comedy or Musical.

The film inspired an immensely popular, Tony Award®-winning Broadway musical, which is currently featured on stages worldwide. It became the seventh longest-running musical in Broadway history in January 2011.

ABOUT THE LION KING:

An unforgettable story, breathtaking animation, beloved characters and award-winning music sets thestage for “The Lion King”, a Disney classic that follows the adventures of Simba, the feisty lion cub who “just can't wait to be king.” But his envious Uncle Scar has plans for his own ascent to the throne, and he forces Simba's exile from the kingdom. Alone and adrift, Simba soon joins the escapades of a hilarious meerkat named Timon and his warmhearted warthog pal, Pumbaa. Adopting their carefree lifestyle of “Hakuna Matata,” Simba ignores his real responsibilities until he realizes his destiny and returns to the Pride Lands to claim his place in the “Circle of Life.”

The all-star vocal talents—including Matthew Broderick, Nathan Lane, Whoopi Goldberg, James Earl Jones, Jeremy Irons, Ernie Sabella, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Robert Guillaume, Cheech Marin and Moira Kelly—rip-roaring comedy and uplifting messages of courage, loyalty and hope make this a timeless tale for all ages. Produced by Don Hahn and directed by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff from a script by Irene Mecchi, Jonathan Roberts and Linda Woolverton, “The Lion King” is rated G by the MPAA.

ABOUT DISNEY’S BLU-RAY DIAMOND COLLECTION:

The Blu-ray Diamond Collection represents The Walt Disney Studio’s most prestigious animated classics. The Collection will be comprised with many of Walt Disney’s most treasured animated classic titles to be released through 2016. These titles represent the highest level of picture and sound, feature groundbreaking, state-of-the-art immersive bonus content, and include unprecedented levels of interactivity, personalization and customization, made possible because of Blu-ray technology.

================================================== =========================

Blu Ray

Never Before Seen Bloopers
    4 Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes
    Deleted Song
    The Morning Report:
    Extended Scene
    Disney Second Screen*
    Pride of The Lion King
    The Lion King: A Memoir-Don Hahn
    Disney Sing Along Mode
    Interactive Blu-ray Galleries
    Audio Commentary

Disney's Virtual Vault: Classic DVD Features Powered By BD-Live! *
    * Not available in all territories. Features subject to change.

Blu Ray Triology

Lion King 1 1/2 Bonus:
    Timon and Pumbaa's Vacation Safari
    Deleted Scenes
    Timon: Behind the Legend
    Before the Beginning: The Making of The Lion King 1 1/2
    Music Video
    Timon and Pumbaa's Insectapedia
    "One by One" Animated Short
    Proud of Simba's Pride
    Timon and Pumbaa: Find Out Why
    Music Video

DVD

Timon and Pumbaa: Find Out Why
    Music Video

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Haha yeah. I do really like that third one Thiago posted. Still not liking the new US one at all. But, it looks like it's the official cover because that's what they're using on the official Facebook page now.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    And once again the French version takes the crown!

Just like it did with the DVD release in 2003.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'm not going to buy that ! the specail features are horrible ! i'll buy it , but i will get the good old speacil edition !