Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TLK Blu-Ray Release

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TLK Blu-Ray Release

So found this this article: http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/...ase-04-25-2011

It states that there will be an 8 disc set released with all three movies.. however, I couldn't find out if it meant TLK 2 and TLK1 1/2 will be on blu-ray as well. Still looks like the cover is that atrocious one..

EDIT:

here is the amazon link for the trilogy: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...nandscathed-20 the box is beautiful but due to the art on the discs it looks like the cover is for sure here to stay.. the TLK2 art is even worse! It also says that the discs are the TLK 4 disc edition, plus the other movies in both blu-ray and DVD... This is also the only way to get TLK2 and 11/2 on blu-ray, they're not sold seperately so it looks like i'll be paying much more for this release than I thought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I quite like the box for that amazon link. Although do you notice, that on the coloured strip around the box, there's Zazu, then what looks like Kovu behind, then clip-art of Nala in Simba's colours, then some random bulky female lion with scar's colours and a HUGE pointy chin!!! What the heck is that about? So, I don't think that strip can be legit, I would hope Disney has a little more sense than that. But the box is nice. Though I've also seen this one, which is absolultely gorgeous http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/MOVIE/...collection.jpg

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    haha yeah the strip is brutal.. I hope that box you posted is the official one? I also had no clue they were putting the others on blu-ray - woot!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ugh I really hope they choose something else. They have time.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The strip might actually be legit. Atleast the "dark lioness with pointy chin" looks like Zira from the official Nordic DVD cover http://www.disneyinfo.nl/images/dvd/FI-LionKing2.jpg . Even there the colors are off, though not as much as on that strip. And yes, it does look dreadful.
    Maybe the light colored cub is supposed to be Kiara? Looks more like her to me, with being next to Kovu and all.
    Maybe the colors just look darker that they are in the picture because that side of the box is in the shade. But it wouldn't be the first time Disney has got the colors and design wrong, just looking at the Nordic DVD release.

Edit: Switched the link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Your link doesn't work... but otherwise, you could be right about the kiara part... forgot about her

In any case, some of the box designs are really nice, but the additional graphics are not so much
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    I quite like the box for that amazon link.
    Me too. But yeah, I wish they would change the cover art to something else, but if this is what they've made final, then I guess I could get used to it. It's just disappointing to see the characters in that way. :notamused: Hopefully they'll do something different, but I don't see that happening now somehow.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually like the box art. I know the cover are the big part of the marketing or aesthetic of art but I can't wait for the content of the product to be honest. 8 cd's for 330 MYR? I definitely digging all the content on this one.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    And here I thought that they couldn't possibly make Zira look any worse than she does on the SP DVD cover... I have been proven wrong

The box itself does look lovely though; so I guess someone designing cover art at Disney at least has some sense

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wauw, that Blu-Ray box set looks beautiful o_O

I don't have a Blu-Ray player, and probably never will, but I do know that just like in 2003 with the DVD's, I will try and get all special editions (Blu-Ray and DVD) hehe.

Hehe Revo, your link goes out to a picture I provided for that website.
    It's the Finnish TLK 2 edition, which STM got for me ^^
    This should be the correct link http://www.disneyinfo.nl/dvddetail.php?film=1708

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    This should be the correct link http://www.disneyinfo.nl/dvddetail.php?film=1708
    Wow...that just looks...o_O

As for the Blu-Ray box set...that looks awesome! I was definitely excited the first time I learned of TLK coming to Blu-Ray! I simply can't wait!
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04

Senior Member Wide Eyed Wanderer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    $80? Seriously?

I never really bothered with the sequels (I've never even seen 1 1/2!) but I'm looking forward to the original film coming out on Blu Ray. I'm sure the cover will go through some changes, they always put up temporary box and disc art for a while until it's released. Frankly they should come here and the other community boards and ask us to vote, after all we're still talking about their damn movie nearly two decades on!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hehe, you make a good poin tthere WEW.

Have seen some of the French covers?
    They are so beautiful mostly even from old movies being released again, and what does the BeNeLux / Brittain get? Ugly re-newed covers

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Today the TLK official facebook page changed their profile picture to the advertised blu-ray cover.. I'm guessing its for sure now that that picture will be on the cover.

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw that today, and it disappoints me. But I've said that many times before. And why, oh why does the title have to be displayed there?

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Senior Member Wide Eyed Wanderer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The box could be plain white with 'The Lyne King' written on it in biro and I wouldn't care...it's the disc inside that matters...and what's on it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The DVD will be re-released with a new cover as well: http://www.amazon.com/Lion-King-Matt...4025774&sr=8-1
    The cover is better, but far from perfect. In general, I don't like these modern looking covers. It's looking way to much quickly in CGI rendered. I associated TLK with wonderful hand drawn work and they have so much nice scenes and pictures in the movie, why do they have to 'create' a new cover?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A definite must for my Blue-Ray collection but this year it's getting a bit expensive with Star Wars and Lord of he Rings coming out this year too. But I have started setting a little money aside every week that way it won't feel like it's too much when it comes out.

PS does anyone know the release date for TLK?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The american release will be at 04/octuber/2011 , we from brazil will have our release one week before at 28/september/2011 due the fact of the day 12/octuber is celebrated the childrens day here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s-tlk View Post
    The DVD will be re-released with a new cover as well: http://www.amazon.com/Lion-King-Matt...4025774&sr=8-1
    The cover is better, but far from perfect. In general, I don't like these modern looking covers. It's looking way to much quickly in CGI rendered. I associated TLK with wonderful hand drawn work and they have so much nice scenes and pictures in the movie, why do they have to 'create' a new cover?
    huh I haven't seen that one before.. Kinda strange that the DVD will have a different cover since normally disney releases everything with the same cover. However I do like that one a little bit better

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3