Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kimba the White Lion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol. really. they've got tons of sights about people yelling about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Simba all the waY!!!!

That Kimba was something like Astroboy, and that cartoon stinks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LOL! Glad to see I'm not the only one
    I occasionally see sites putting down TLK for that, and I'm like,"Oh, yeah...they would've known about some show that came on in Japan in the 70's!" :mad: :disagree: :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Most definitely Simba. I don't know that much about Kimba. The only thing I know about him is that he's white and made by Japanese people.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah yes, the old Kimba/Simba debate...an oldie, but a goodie.

I'm seen Kimba, and personally, I think Simba is far more superior. Other than that, I don't think much about the entire Kimba/Simba thing anymore...

it's funny...you never really see any sites yelling about the slew of children's movies that rip off of Disney's stuff (mostly because they're small, unpopular movies that you can only find in the Walmart $1 bins)

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know. This topics been around awhile! Dude...them $1 bins used to be my sisters fav. place. She'd but all of these crap movies, and sell them for double the price.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just a random little tidbit of information... Kimba means dungheap in Swahili.

kimba { English: dungheap }
    noun , pl vimba

kimba { English: heap of excrement }
    noun , pl vimba

(Definitions from Kamusi project)

Now make your choice. XD

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kimba was originally going to be named Simba, since Leo was deemed to generic a name. But there was word that a soda was coming out called "Simba"....so they decided on Kimba.

TLK may have many simularities with Kimba, but Kimba is based off a true story about an African prince who is exiled after his father, the King, was murdered by his Uncle who took power. The Prince later returned to reclaim his kingdom....and that's all i know...Woot!.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hmrrr....this Kimba sounds intresting......care to show me the name of the Japanise moive ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by shadow
    hmrrr....this Kimba sounds intresting......care to show me the name of the Japanise moive ?
    There's quite a bit of Kimba out there. The debate typically centers around the original TV series, which is out as a DVD boxed set. There's also the "sequel" series that was "Leo the White Lion", which came out on DVD more recently (past year, I think), though I don't believe in a boxed set.

"Kimba the Lion Prince" is a Canadian dub of the original series. Something about not having the rights to the audio. And then there's the 1989 remake series, "New Adventures of Kimba the White Lion" (if memory serves), that Pioneer Family supposedly butchered in their edit/dub.

There's a "Symphonic Poem" (think Disney's "Silly Symphonies" or even Fantasia -- all music, no dialogue) based on Kimba that covers what I guess would be akin to an episode or two of the story.

A movie was done back in the...'70s, I think. From what I understand, it was only made available in Japan. More recently, there was a 1997 film, Jungle Emperor Leo (or Jungle Taitei, aka Janguru Taitei), which is available on DVD.

Originally posted by lion_roog
    Kimba is based off a true story about an African prince who is exiled after his father, the King, was murdered by his Uncle who took power. The Prince later returned to reclaim his kingdom....and that's all i know...
    Er, that doesn't sound much like Kimba. Human hunters killed Kimba's father and Claw, the lion that takes over in Kimba's absence, is of no relation to either white lion.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Argh... not again this conversation... there is tons of post about this in many threads.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Here it is ... : http://www.leahalalela.com/showthrea...ighlight=kimba

Maybe a mod can merge it or something?

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by nathalie
    Here it is ... : http://www.leahalalela.com/showthrea...ighlight=kimba

Maybe a mod can merge it or something?
    Threads merged

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Snowy

Er, that doesn't sound much like Kimba. Human hunters killed Kimba's father and Claw, the lion that takes over in Kimba's absence, is of no relation to either white lion.
    Hey!....It's my lie and I will tell it how I want.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really don't know if Disney copy it or not... I just like TLK and will still like it whether it's a copy or not. And I haven't seen nothing about Kimba, so I don't know if it's that similar or just some coincidences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [SIZE=huge]It's Hamlet.[/SIZE]

Everyone knows that. And if you don't, you should and you do now. I'm not sure if Kimba copied Hamlet too... I've never seen Kimba. I'm allergic to 16 frame per second 20 cel color animation.

EVERY character in TLK can be mirrored back to a character in Shakespeare's Hamlet. Most all the major scenes are the same too. Only real difference is that there is a lead up to the point where the Hamlet plot starts (at Mufasa's death) and there is a happy ending. TLK is a Disney movie. Hamlet is an epic tragedy. It's a candy coated re-telling of the most celebrated play in the English language! TLK fans should love that. There's a bit of MacBeth tied in as well.

If you have read Hamlet and you are confuzzled, ask me something and I will explain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What was the point of Kimba? Ya know how many whie lions there are in reality?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are similarities and I think Disney probably did copy from Kimba some. But h*ll, they copied from Hamlet, too. A lot of great movies, stories, books, are plagerism....we all do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by CheshireCat

Everyone knows that. And if you don't, you should and you do now. I'm not sure if Kimba copied Hamlet too... I've never seen Kimba. I'm allergic to 16 frame per second 20 cel color animation.

EVERY character in TLK can be mirrored back to a character in Shakespeare's Hamlet. Most all the major scenes are the same too. Only real difference is that there is a lead up to the point where the Hamlet plot starts (at Mufasa's death) and there is a happy ending. TLK is a Disney movie. Hamlet is an epic tragedy. It's a candy coated re-telling of the most celebrated play in the English language! TLK fans should love that. There's a bit of MacBeth tied in as well.

If you have read Hamlet and you are confuzzled, ask me something and I will explain.
    I second that. Regarding Kimba vs. Simba however, I think that there are some very strong resembalances, but I dont think Disney would rip off such great work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by CheshireCat

Hear, hear!

I just think Kimba fans are jealous.