Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Kimba the White Lion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Melody of Scar
    I just think Kimba fans are jealous.

Well of course they are.. we're more awesome than them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to drag up a "used" topic, but I do have something constructive to add.
    Yes, there's very little doubt TLK was based off of 'Kimba'. But it improves on the stories and adds original ideas. The combination of original animation and graphics plus the 'Kimba' factor is magical; maybe it was a little greedy, but plagerism is human nature. I'm not condoning it, but lot of things aren't completely original; there's parodies of shows and movies all over the place.

I think the fans of 'Kimba' overreact a little. The story was treated nicely and sparked interest in 'Kimba' anyway.

(p.s. Jungle Emporer Leo is excellent--and similar to TLK)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I believe that disney was just doing what they have always done: remake an old, well-known story into one of their great cartoons. And it turned out nicely. Get back on track Disney before you go to he** in a bucket :woeisme:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kiara Serengeti
    Sorry to drag up a "used" topic
    we're not allowed to bring up old topics, AND we're not allowed to start new threads either, then how the heck are we supposed to be able talk about things like this? Just something that struck me, cuz its bugging me to always hear im always writing wrong or are not allowed to talk in old threads anyway ...

For this Kimba thing, i think Disney copied it, but that also Tezuka copied it from Hamlet ... And they didnt REALLY copy it, did they They just remade it a bit What about this other Simba; the king lion thing? XD That totally sucks, i dunno why they came up with that serie with all those mixed up Disney charries ...

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by kiara
    we're not allowed to bring up old topics, AND we're not allowed to start new threads either, then how the heck are we supposed to be able talk about things like this? Just something that struck me, cuz its bugging me to always hear im always writing wrong or are not allowed to talk in old threads anyway ...
    From what I understand, at least for regular discussion topics (as opposed to welcome threads and the like), you can resurrect a thread so long as you have a good reason - this usually entails contributing something substantial or significant to the thread topic.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, I've never read "No dragging up older topics" in the rules list... Though I'm new here....

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    yeah, as long as you have something to add on the topic feel free to post on any topic you want. because if you make a new thread it just adds trouble for moderators to find the old thread and to merge the old and the new one.

Pumping up the old thread for no reason is against the rules thought and is not tolerated in long run.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, How i HATE this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I may be getting this thread active, but it's not useless.

I, own an old VSH of Kimba The White Lion, in dutch ofcourse. I like it alot, but it's quite obvious that Disney copied it. Ore at least, I just can't imagine otherwise. There are t?? many facts that are thesame. But to say that Disney copied it, is rather harsh to say. I think Disney got inspired by this movie, and based TLK upon it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i akshely dont think Disney "copied" it they might get inspiration from it but i wouldent say copy" hell look at the result chance"

and am not sure they even did becuse Kimba (Simba) sounds WAY to obvies for a copy to akshely do so and not be an tottal idot...so i think thev might got a thing or to from it like they got from Hamlet but god no they didnt copy it " acording to me" and i know the whole Kimba thing the similrties but why dont we say they ripped of hamlet then?

so acording to me they got inspired by hamlet " Kimba to perhaps?" knew abut Kimba and replaced the K with and S and thought of a great name"

now that is not ripp off...but inspiration...

i mean seriesly...there are like 10000 9/11 books out there but they all are "diffrent" and you dont compare those books and say" that one ripped that one off" Disny and the kimba creators got the same idea of Hamlet" I belive"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At the moment I don't have enough time to write (in proper English) my whole opinion on this issue (and read all posts in this thread), but I want to say one or two things:

I always think it's strange that, when people discuss this topic, they rarely talk about an important film: Bambi.

Obviously, The Lion King was inspired by Bambi.
    (TLK was called as "Bambi meets Hamlet and Elton John in Africa" or something like that!)

And Jungle Emperor (or Kimba the White Lion) was also inspired by Bambi.

Though I'm not so familiar with Tezuka's works, it is known that he loved Disney animation, and I heard he saw Bambi 80 times in theater. (I don't know whether it's true or just an exaggeration)

Though I haven't seen TV series, I've read a version of the original comics Jungle Emperor, and I noticed similarities among Bambi, Kimba, and TLK.

I'm not saying Disney was never inspired by Kimba, but in my opinion, Kimba has very different story from TLK, so it's meaningless to compare these two story... both are great in their own way. And I enjoy finding similarities. It's fun.

By the way... I always think it's funny that Americans changed Leo's name to KIMBA... because in Japanese, "kimba" means "gold tooth"!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by White Wagtail
    I always think it's funny that Americans changed Leo's name to KIMBA... because in Japanese, "kimba" means "gold tooth"!
    and in swahili - corpse!