Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimba the White Lion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kimba the White Lion

Yes, of course I just had to write this issue here.
    Kimba, the White Lion is his name. But whaddaya know, does it sound kinda popular? Any relativity to Simba and TLK?

The real question is, do you think Disney really copied this anime series for it's own needs and then told everyone it was their idea? (Well not totally, the Hamlet stuff etc.)

They say TLK production name was King of the Jungle (or something very close to that), and then why is the original Japanese name of Kimba the White Lion Jungle Emperor?
    The Jungle Emperor was first released in Japan in the 50's as a manga, in the 60's came the anime.

What do you think?

Oh, and remember to check these links: http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm, check the main site too: http://www.kimbawlion.com/ and download the theme.
    http://reekan-j.hp.infoseek.co.jp/60ani5.html
    http://members.aol.com/simba026/tlk_compare_table.htm
    http://members.aol.com/simba026/tlk_compare_table.htm (some links)
    http://koti.phnet.fi/otaku/jorina/animejaanimaatio.html (a Finnish link, not much use for you but STM can check it out ^_^)

I would wanna get that Jungle Emperor Leo somewhere, but I don't think we have those in Finland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm such a fan of TLK and never even heard of "Kimba" back in 1994 so as far as I go, I'm just going to acknowledge what I saw first. (I know that Kimba came out first but I'm really tired of seeing that the majority of animation in the U.S. nowadays is Manga or Japanimation or something of that nature.) There are plenty of animators in the U.S. that DONT do this type of animation and I would LOVE to see more of their work again.
    I blame Pokemon!

Sorry.........had to rant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmm, i've read all the stuff on http://www.kimbawlion.com/ before and its BLATANTLY obvious that disney copied the idea!! There are SOOOOOOO many similarities that it CANT be coincidence!!!!

Especially seeing as Mathew Broderick confessed that he was originally cast by disney as Kimba the white lion!!!! Its a bit blatant really isnt it!!!!

Also, up until TLK disney had always copied stories from other sources and made them their own, so why would they suddenly decide to make a 'COMPLETELY ORIGINAL IDEA'!!!!! Well, its because it wasn't intended to be an original idea but they found out that they couldn't get the legal rights to Kimba!!!! But by then it was too late and they'd already invested money in the project, so they had to go ahead regardless but change a few things to make it look like it was an original idea!!!

But, knowing that its a rip off doesn't make me like the film any less, its still the best and always will be, regardless of the 'behind the scenes' treachery that disney (or any company) have to do to make money!!!

So, at the end of the day, Kimba sucks and Simba RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (im my opinion)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by RyansLion
    I'm such a fan of TLK and never even heard of "Kimba" back in 1994 so as far as I go, I'm just going to acknowledge what I saw first. (I know that Kimba came out first but I'm really tired of seeing that the majority of animation in the U.S. nowadays is Manga or Japanimation or something of that nature.) There are plenty of animators in the U.S. that DONT do this type of animation and I would LOVE to see more of their work again.
    I blame Pokemon!

Sorry.........had to rant.
    I'm not sure did I understand you rite but Kimba is not American, it's Japanese anime (and manga too). You can't draw anime (or manga) outside of Japan, even though it looked like anime (or manga).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now that I read my post again, I guess it is a little confusing. I know that Kimba is from Japan (circa 1965) or so, and that it basically IS the inspiration for the Lion King. On a completely different subject, I've never liked Manga or Japanimation and have noticed that all of the animation on nowadays here in the U.S. is just that. It's just frustrating becuase I know a lot of animators who would love to have their work and some of the older stuff shown again.
    But this is a discussion for another board at another time. I should have just answered your post the first time instead of ranting. Sorry about the confusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It would not surprise me but I haven't seen any of the Kimba Manga or animation, so I can't say for shure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It sure was an inspiration, but I don't like that Kimba guy one bit so I'll just pretend that Lion King was there first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's basically what I was saying earlier. Long live Simba! Kimba who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm...Well, in my opinion, it doesn't really matter what the source material is (whether it be Kimba, or Hamlet). What is important is that they manage to do a good job at creating their version (which they most certainly did).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by another_tomato
    Hmm...Well, in my opinion, it doesn't really matter what the source material is (whether it be Kimba, or Hamlet). What is important is that they manage to do a good job at creating their version (which they most certainly did).
    Exactly, well said!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hakuna Matata!! 'tis very very true tho, i went into a rant to try and get the same point across but u said it soooo simply!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ugh, I am so tired of Kimba topics at TLK message boards.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Check out these funny Kimba/Lion King fanart pictures done by Snowy:

http://fanart.lionking.org/imgarchiv.../Snowy/Men.jpg

http://fanart.lionking.org/imgarchiv...ickOrTreat.jpg

I love your art Snowy!

EDIT: Oops, thanks for pointing that out Kdala. I fixed the links now and they should work.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sharifu, the links don't work , at least not on my pc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, so let's just assume you would have done something great, a comic for example. Now how would you feel if Diney (for example) stole it from you and claimed it was it's own idea? Not good, I assume.

The point is that they should have put even a small text to ending credits, honored to the creator of Kimba, Osamu Tezuka;

Based on a story by Osamu Tezuka.

That would be fair, wouldn't it?

Originally posted by Sharifu
    Ugh, I am so tired of Kimba topics at TLK message boards.
    And no one forces you to read these.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The point is that they should have put even a small text to ending credits, honored to the creator of Kimba, Osamu Tezuka;That would be fair, wouldn't it?
    The Disney company doesn't play fair, but their fans really wish they would. That's why subjects like this keep coming back on Lion King message boards.

Anyone see this News Story? :

Summary:
    The Walt Disney Company pulled out of the new film
    version of Peter Pan after refusing to give its share of profits to
    the copyright holders, a children's hospital in England.

One producer connected to the film said Disney was "trying to pretend
    that they left the project for all sorts of reasons . . . The bottom
    line is that they wanted a share of the merchandising but did not
    want to pay for it."

The continued success of the Disney animated versions of Peter Pan
    has also not carried through to the copyright owners.

Last year Disney wrote to a Scottish retailer demanding she change
    the name of her Peter Pan clothes shop because it infringed the
    Disney company's copyright. The retailer was, however, able to keep
    the name after the actual copyright owners issued a statement
    confirming that they owned the copyright and were happy to let the shop
    continue trading in exchange for a one-off payment of ?500.

With Kimba/Lion King, they could change the name and color of the main character and pretend they never heard of the original. With Peter Pan, that kind of thing wouldn't work, so they stomped off like a spoiled child.

The Disney company also sued to try to prevent the newest addition to the Kimba story (the Jungle Emperor Leo movie) from being shown in Canada--even though they had no right to try to do that, either.

Roy Disney is trying to put an end to the way the Disney company has been doing things for so long now. Check out SaveDisney.com.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just have to say that I don't really care witch is first.
    and what i can say for that is that life isn't fair, is it?
    ---Continue read messages---

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hm... i read alot about this some place....

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    yes... me too
    but still i don't care... or i don't wan't to make that out...
    The thruth is out there somewhere

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.