Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey (cont. from second journey)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mizani nodded in agreement as Malaika dissapeared into in the grass.

She strolled over to the lion and gently licked a bit of dirt off his face.
    She splashed some water in his face hoping to wake him up.
    "hello?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Titus finaly conious from the splashes if water. "Where am I and who bought me here?" he layed ther for i min. so he can gain his strength.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mizani jumped back a little, suprised at the lions quick recovery.

"you are at a water hole and a... friend of mine brought you here"

Mizani thought it wise not to give out to much infomation on Malaika, Simbaji or herself.
    Besides, she had answered all of the lions questions so far. Now to ask some of her own.

"are you alright?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "a little." Titus know's something is'nt right he think that she thinks he's in impostor or something. Titus trys to keep his cool and play along. He sits up and drinks from the water hole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mizani watched the lion drink while looking out for Malaika or Simbaji, or a herd she could hunt from later.

"so where you from?" Mizani asked casually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba hadn't realized that, despite his having tried to stay close, apparently he had wandered further from the group than he had intended. He hadn't even recalled the sounds of the others getting fainter as the distance between them grew. Of course he had been so focused on his own surroundings that it probably wouldn't have been hard. Ironic that even while trying to keep so keen a watch on other aspects of where he was going that he could miss other signs and sounds. Such behaviors had landed him in plenty of trouble in the past before. It was almost like a mix of not being able to hold one's attention for too long on any one given thing and over-focusing on others.

Stopping where he was at he tried to take stock of where he was at. The wall of amber blades that so well secluded lions and others when they needed cover for one reason or another seemed to taunt and betray his needs now. He could see no one. He looked from side to side. Nothing. Nothing but the endless expanse of tall grass. He dared to try and perch on his hind paws a moment to get a better view but to no avail. Briefly he considered calling out to the others but thought better of it. Malaika had warned of the dangers of being out here and he was certainly no stranger to knowing how perilous things could get for an unguarded cub in the wild. Still, he had to think of something.

Try as he might he could come up with no plan to end his situation quickly. With that the only thing he could think of to do was to sit and wait for now. All his efforts would have to be focused on listening for friend or foe alike. Moving or any other activity that could give his position away would have to wait until it were his only option left. With any luck he could hear the others. He kept his breathing soft and even, his eyes trainned all but futily on the area around him. For now he could only wait, and hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Titus finishes drinking from the water hole and starts to feel his heart drop into sadness what this lioness said he didn't cry because of it Titus just stared at his reflection in the water of the water hole next to the shore. "I'm not from any where, you see, i have no one, my family and the pride i stayed with died when i was cub, I was the only survivor."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "oh"
    Mizani felt guilty for bringing it up
    "sorry I didn't know"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Titus sighs "i might as well tell you what happened" Titus takes a deep breath and starts talking" My father was a great king my family had all the fame and glory i of course was going to take his place when his ruling was over, tell one day, an evil pride came, the leader captured my father the leader asked him to jion him and his pride, my father refused, without a warning the leader killed him, i loved my father, and the leader killed my mother and sisters they wiped out the whole pride, i was the only one who lived. When i got stronger then that day i challenged the leader to a fight, i of course failed, i didn't left any marks on him, but he gave me this" Titus shows the marks on his cheeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mizani shuddered at the lions gruesome tale.

"thats awful!" Mizani exclaimed

"how exactly did he give you those?" Mizani asked poking the triangles on his cheeks, with her nose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "he put some sticky substance that i had no clue what it was, then he clubbed me over the head and i fainted, and when time past i felt the substance on my cheeks and it turned hard as a rock and i tryed to rip them off but it stucked really good againest my face so, i ripped as hard as i could and they came off and that's how i got the grey marks"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mizani licked his cheek.

"doesn't taste like anything I've ever encountered before"
    She washed her tongue in the water.

"so whats your name?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "The names........Titus"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "thats a nice name" she smiled.

"reminds me of the stories my dad used to tell me about"

"my names Mizani"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Nice to meet you" Titus bows for gratitude and plessure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "so Titus, are you hungry?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Yes i'm starved i havn't had anything for a while"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "well we can hunt when my friend gets back, but he will be gone quite a while"
    She looked at the herds hungrily

"Lets go hunting while he's gone. If he catches us we'll just say we went scouting"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Fine by me, i'm right behind you" Titus follows where ever Mizani goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Okay then" Mizani grinned

"Think you can keep up?" she laughed bounding off in the direction of the herds.