Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: The Journey (cont. from second journey)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba watched as Malaika finally rose from the near-dead state he had been in just moments before and a wave of relief washed over him. A smile replaced the worried line that had taken hold during the ordeal. With a quick glance he looked back to Kovujin as well, smiling more as if to say, "see, he'll be alright afterall!", not in any way trying to convey anything other than the shear relief that having worked together, the two cubs were able to help afterall. Even as Malaika fell back to the ground, simba padded up to him and nuzzled in comfort and encouragement.

"Take it easy, it'll take a little longer for everything to heal and work right... I'm glad you're ok. Everything is.. ok, right?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [OOC]Welcome psylant. Mizaani I invited Spylant to come RP here. I informed him on the rules and everything. I even told him he would have to RP an animal of africa. I asked him here becasue I knew he was a good RP'er. He's going to help us get this role play back up and running again.

It's funny that you semed to quit RPing with us and the next time you posted was only to yell at my very good friend. I want you to actualy think next time you decied to post here. will you RP again and rejoin us so that we can advance this story or will you just police this forum which is not your job? To simply put it if your not going to role play in this thread then I am going to have to ask you to not post. I would love to see you role play again. If you want go ahead and use the report this post to a moderator.

[BIC] Malaika struged again toget up and this time he stayed though upon shaky legs. Never in his life had he been so weak. He tried not to show that he was weak. especially to Simbaji.

"We...may have...lost a member of this party." Malaika said sadly as he took a few steps. To him it hurt so much that he wanted to sleep a little longer but he stood there looking over the devestation. One lion lay blind still trying to get away but every few fet he would trip as he ran towards his families homeland.

"We need to move now." Mlaika said with a wince. "We're no longer going to my homelands. It's become to dangerous. We are to head north. There we will find more than we are looking for."

Malaika stagered as he tried to walk never waiting for the others to follow. Though the speed of the group was now reduced because of his injuries. He knew they needed to leave the lands they had entered and soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He could see the fallen lion getting up and slowly moving away. Quicken my pace he thought to himself. He strode along until he finally reached the group.

Greetings, travellers. I couldn't help but over hear about the lose of members. It seems like you are wanted blood? If I may join with you, to aid in some way...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika stopped only for a breif moment and looked back.

"These lions where from no pride and it seems we'll need all the help we can get. You may join us. For now we need to get to some where safe so that we can rest."

Mlaika turned back and began walking slowly again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Thank you, he said, I had tried to understand what had happened with a lion I had captured, but he would not tell me. The only thing would tell me is of an incurable illness with you. I am sorry for not find out more.

I feel as if I'm walking in unfamiliar grounds. So I will just follow your lead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [OOC] Yes, I am an Ethiopian wolf, rarest of the wolf species, once thought to be a member of the fox or jackal family due to its fur color and muzzle shape. I?ve done my research on this end! ^_^

[BIC] In the last hours before night, the wolf opens his eyes for a brief moment. He then gets up and stretches before pointing a sharp eye to the horizon. "Funny?" sniffs the air "The wind from the south is blowing some strange scents my way. At least, I don?t think I?ve ever smelled a human camp that smelled like that." Sniffs some more "Whatever it is, it can?t be far off. Even if it isn?t human, maybe it?ll have some food to spare!" Growls "It must have been at least a day since I?ve eaten. Well, as it is in the way of me going farther south, I see no reason not to give it a quick look." The wolf begins trotting lightly off towards the south with a noticeable bounce in his step.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by simbaji
    ooc: Thanks for joining the thread first of all Psylant. Secondly, Mizani, I'm perfectly capable of moderating my own forum. While I do appreciate your wanting to help, please leave those tasks to me so newcomers to the forum don't feel like they are being talked down to or criticized for actually trying to rp.
    ((ooc: Sorry, didn't mean to make it seem that way. I just thought it seemed a bit odd that someone was posting unannounced. I've seen many new members do it before, was just trying to help, so you can't blame me for doing what I thought was right

@ Malaika: I also honestly didn't mean to sound like I was yelling, like I stated before, I was just doing what I thought was right. Also, I would be glad to start RP'ing again, but you don't have to say that if I'm not RP'ing, then its not my business. I had no ill feelings towards Psylant, and I welcome that he is helping in reviving this RP.

And no, I won't report your post, theres no need for things to get nasty over a simple misunderstanding.

@Simbaji: I wasn't doubting your moderating skills, definately not, your excellent at your job. I hope no one thinks differently of me of when I first started RP'ing after this, becuase I don't want it to be that way.))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((OOC: No offense to anyone, but I'm not going to be RP'ing anymore here unless someone else continues, (Obvious to tell who) Sorry just don't like the attitude that was taken here just a while ago from something as simple as trying to offer the help and assist in someone to do something, Just not the right way to handle it.. anyways that'll be my post))

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OOC: "I fail so see any problems at the moment. Let's continue shall we?"

BIC: As the sun is just about to set, the wolf spots a group of silhouettes on the horizon. ?What in the world are those!? I?ve never seen form like that before. They walk on four legs like wolves and dogs, but their bodies seem more compact and muscular. Their legs aren?t as long and neither are their muzzles.? The wolf squints to get a better view. ?Whatever they are, they?re heading in my direction.? The wolf franticly looked for cover, but all he could see was more grass. ?I- I?ll just lie down, maybe they?ll think I?m dead. Oh, but what if they?re scavengers? Come on think? I?ve gotten out of worse. Well, I? can?t really see them, they?re against the sun. I?ll let them come to me. As soon as I can get a good visual, then I?ll decide to stay or run. Until then, I?m staying low. ?I sure as hell hope they can?t see me at this range.?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika caught a strange scent on a breeze but ignored it. It wasn't the scent of the lions that had attacked yet it didn't seem like who ever was out there didn't want to attack. If they did they would have tried to stay downwind and be more cautious. With a heavy sighs he just walked on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba was relieved to see Malaika up and moving again. The battle that had taken place and the wounds inflicted were seeming to weigh heavily on the group. Already they had lost sight of Kijana who had gone off to see whta had happened. With no word from him simba could only hope that the lion had found safety elsewhere. He could take comfort though in the fact that Kijana, while disappearing frequently, could also seem to show up at the most unlikely of times and places - but he did show up.

As Malaika moved on he looked back to Kovujin and the others with a look that said that he'd like to say or do more but was just as much a follower as the rest at this point and just as unknowing as to what lay ahead and in store. If Malaika knew he was keeping the majority of it inside or to himself. He wished the older lion would offer more; the more paws there were to help in a situation, the better the chance that things that needed to get done would. And so he got up and followed the lion's lead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The wolf kept his body as low to the ground as he could as he began to hear the sound of approaching paws. ?Ok- ok? think, I have to- why the hell did I decide to go this way- no, it?s too late now. It sounds like there is more than one, whatever they are; they?re bigger than I am. I can?t think strait! What are they? Why haven?t they attacked? Are they waiting for something? Ok, no more questions, I have to *pant* time to make a decision. I?ll let them get a good look at me, and then if they are hostile, I?ll turn and run. If I can?t outrun them, then I?m a lost cause anyway. If they?re friendly? I guess I?ll just stay put. Ok- 3, 2, 1? um- 2? 1? and? ? damn you wolf, get up!? Now free of his hesitation, the wolf sprung to his feet. With his head against the ground and buried in the grass, he had no idea the strange creatures were so close. He instantly froze in fear of the creatures that were no more that 25 feet away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika saw the wolf not far off but ignored him and kept on walking even to the point of passing the wolf.

"Don't mind us." He said gruffly. "We're just passing through."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Never in his life had this wolf been more confused. Such muscular and large creatures had absolutely no interest in him as food. The unthinkable had finally happened, he could no longer rely on the four Fs to get him through life. For once he had to work off of something other than survival instinct. ?HEY!? He shouted just loud enough for the things to hear him. ?Not to be impolite or anything but? what? who are you??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika stopped and dug his claws into the ground as he looked down upon it. He was still weak but didn't want to have to say much now and so with out turning back he called to the wolf.

"This is not the time or the place to talk. If you want to know anything then follow us. It's not safe here in the open."

The lion walked on triping once but still kept himself held up almost as though he were posesed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Without any other choice in his mind, the wolf ran over to the group, but made sure not to get too close the one who had spoken to him. He seemed hurt and could be agitated enough to attack him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba made a little eye contact with the wolf that had joined up with them but stayed closer to Malaika and the others. This wolf was a little smaller than the ones he'd been around before but the feelings and reservations he had were enough that he didn't want to get too involved with anything just yet. Still, he followed his friends and the others.

ooc: just woke up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trying to shake off the uncomfortable feeling of exclusion he was getting from the group, the wolf decided to speak up. ?My name?s Psylant or, most call me Psy.? He then looked at simba. ?So um? where are we going??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba looked to the small wolf as he spoke and tried to not be too avoiding. Were this any other time he wouldn't have been so hesitant to make a friend, but all things considered with the fight and battle that had taken place just a bit ago he felt it was better to exercise some measure of prudence in the matter.

Still he warmed up a little should everything pan out. To be honest he wasn't really sure himself where they were going, not much beyond knowing that they were traveling to Malaika's true homeland. The exact purpose for even that was left to his own imagination as Malaika had never mentioned what their intentions would be, only that it would be dangerous.

"My name's simba.. and I'm not really sure. I know something is happening that Malaika needs to take care of and that we're trying to support him."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The wolf gave a quick nod and smiled. ?Oh and? your friend looks hurt. It sure seems you guys have been through a lot from how you?re acting. I?m not trying to be rude or anything and tell me if I?ve gone too far, but may I ask what happened to you guys??