Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: The Journey (cont. from second journey)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shujaa Sighsed then looked at Malaika.

"You are correct but I was able to get a little more time. I gave up something in return for being able to help you. I gave up Eden. You must bring peace back to the eastern lands. Only then can I re-enter Eden."

Malaika looked down realizing that his father wasn't going to be trapped in dream scape but held in the worst of all places untill he himself could bring balance to eastern Africa. That meant he would have to swallow his fear about humans, other than Fernando, and gain their wizdom.

WOOT post number 600 on this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He looked up from the lion to see two cubs trying to help the fallen lion. There is always some kind of hope he thought. He relaxed himself a touch, he realized he had his ears pressed hard against his head and his claws had been slipping further out as he began to get more angry. He didn't want to slip. There had been enough death and suffering today. ASide of the cubs and themselves, no one else on the battleground stirred, one could only come to one conclusion.

"Why are you doing this,' ,he spoke outloud, somewhat as his thoughts wanting to come out, 'how can there be enough hate to kill so many? Why are you even sent to do such a thing? Who sent such a command?"

"Look around you, you once knew those bodies, don't you even feel regret for that loss? If you do, you're causing others the same pain. Stop before it's out of hand."

He lowered his head, and could only wish he could help the cubs. He prefered to aid and not hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "WHY SHOULD I?" The lion yelled. "I would rather be the right hand of the devil than in his way. Which is more than I can say for all of you. Chaos will rule this land but can not until at least one of the decendants of four prides are killed. Liitle was known about one but it seems that two have joined together. Each of them has a secret but no one knows what it is. We were sent to kill one of the two."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by simbaji
    simba looked briefly over to the other two lions that Kovujin had motioned to and asked about. Fierfiz seemed to be the one on top and had control of the situation, he hoped. Seeing the two lions locked like that briefly brought up memories of a time in the past when he was the same lion being pinned, and for something he hadn't even done or had knowledge about. That it was his own father made the situation unbearable, even if he had been adopted. He almost seemed to get stuck in his own memories and bad experiences then shook his head and looked back to Kovujin.

"It'll be fine, they're not close enough to us to be a threat so we should be ok for now. As for the flower let's get to work, there's a lot of stuff we'll need to do. We need to find some water, just a small amount will be enough and somehting to mix this stuff in. If we were back at my kopje it wouldn't be a problem, I have some empty gourd shells that I would use. We'll need something like that as well as a stick of some kind."
    ((ooc: Okay i'll be the first to say it, I ai'nt posting here (well I didn't) because I am just totally lost on what exactly to do xX But yeah.. I guess I'll just start using my imagination or something xD... Sorry for the long wait >>... and where exactly are the cubs located? if I can get that answer I'll be aye'okay ^^))

Kovujin watched the two lions whilst simba was talking to him and when he was sure he finished he turned his head to face the cub his own age and smirked. "Hmm.. Kopje..?" He asked, he wasn't quite sure about these terms that were.. Metaphorically used to mean something else, but he had some idea of what it meant, perhaps a den or a home.. but he wasn't going to do anything or say anything about it until he knew for sure what he was talking about. "Well.. I'm sure I saw a few mud puddles from when I was looking for the flowers.. but I dont think you need mud.." he said in a soft voice but he was quite aggitated that he couldn't find exactly and everything that simba needed to nurse Malaika back to health.

[i]A stick would be no problem.. Just find a bush and we're good..[i] he thought to himself, and then turned back to the lions that were being pinned or the pinner as they started talking again, and he swore he heard the word "devil" the Diablo, master of hell, owner of the condemned. But he shook his head and thought that he couldn't be the one at work and he was quickly assured as the lion being pinned down talked about another creature being at work here and not him himself.

He started talking to the cub once more. "So what exactly do you want me to find, everything? or one thing and you get something else?" He asked with a raised brow turning his head to watch the body of Malaika again, showing some worry for his older friend.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ooc: it's easy to get lost when no one posts for a while. it's all good. thanks for jumping in again -smiles-

bic:
    As simba quickly took stock of the situation and where things were at he heard Kovujin's question about what a kopje was. The cub looked to the other and shook his head a little. It wasn't a gesture of dismisal, only that of matter of factly or afterthought.

"It's a large granite rock or series of rocks. Back where I'm from there's one that is kinda mine and it has a lot of places where I can hide and hide things when I need to. If you can grab a stick I think we'll be ok."

In his mind's eye he remembered a small puddle of water that he had passed on his way back to Malaika and Kovujin. It wasn't all that large and probably just left over from the rains, but it was enough. He could handle it. Everything was almost in place.

"I just remembered where I saw some water. I can get that then meet you back here. It shouldn't be too hard to make. The flower you got was the most important part."

He smiled a little at his friend, a knowing gesture that things would be ok and that he'd done good. Inside he still had his own doubts, but they were fading as he felt more sure of himself. What he needed was a level head, not his doubting, cautious self. It might not be an easy fix, but things would be ok. He had to believe that. And so he did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika laid down unable to take anymore of what was going on and felt something pulling at him. To him it hurt like some one pulling at his fur. With a roar he cried out.

"Its not my time."

To those around him back outside dreamscape they heard what he had said and he had said it softly.

"Simba!"

Malaika cried again and then was still but breathing a little faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin took in the information that his friend told him almost exactly the same way a calculator would take in the key strokes that was put into it to calculate what it needed to do. And just like one he noded quickly now knowing his foremost objective, To find a stick. What a job, Malaika will be back and dandy in no time!, thus was what his brain was screaming to him and he was happy for once, it was a good thought. None of the which like he was having when he doubted his actions when he couldn't find the flower. But now as simba had said, that was the most vital part to there plan, or well his plan to save Malaika. And it was a difficult task, but if he was able to do this then finding a stick would be almost like taking antelopes out of there herds.

"Sir aye aye sir!" Kovujin said and saluted the cub playfully about to turn around when his ears perked up as he caught a sound, a muffled voice of the lion beside him- Malaika.

He looked around him at Malaika with his muzzle half open watching simba, waiting for what he would do. "he's... alive!!!" He finally said after a moments worth of silence.

THERE IS STILL HOPE! He now told himself in his mind..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Simba smiled at Kovujin as he was saluted. Even in the darkest of times it was helpful to be able to keep some semblance of wit mixed with hope. The cub gave a slight nod of his head in reply followed with a salute of his own then turned to get the last of the things he'd need. Just as he was about to head off though he heard something from behind him and turned, thinking it was Kovujin once more only to see that it was in fact Malaika that had stirred!

The cub quickly raced to his older friends side and nuzzled into battle-worn form. Malaika's fur was thicker, corser than his own and it rubbed with less give across his muzzle, but the fur was warm, his friend alive. He smiled a little again as hope seemed to increase with each passing moment rather than diminish. Gently the cub whispered to Malaika.

"Shhh.. shhh, try not to move too much. I've got something that should help. Hang on."

Simba looked up at Kovujin who was just as excited to see this new developement and smiled. It felt good to be smiling more instead of feeling the pangs of despair that had permeated them not long before. And with that and not a moment more to loose, the cub took off to get a little water to complete the mix he'd make.

It didn't take long. While Kovujin went to get a stick to help mix the paste, he assembled the ingredients in the large leaf he'd found. Carefully he squeezed the berry he'd found in his maw, angling his head in such a way that the juice could drip into the mix of water. Then, he added the flower that Kovujin had found. The leaf was just big enough to hold it all, and fresh enough that it hopefully wouldn't tear as he used the stick to smash the petals of the flower and mixx the last of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The rogue looked on snearing and then looked up at his capture and whispers

"Your little friend ther can't save him no one can."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (ok now I'm getting upset. I was hoping of continueing this post but obviously no one seems to care anymore. *sighs* )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (ooc: I'll be totally honest with ya, I want to RP but I don't see how anything could get pretty far with just 3 people RP'ing :E but heres a post, I'll get active in this )

Kovujin didn't have to go to far to be able to find what he needed, for a bushle of berries wasn't that far away, none were ripe, nor what simba had needed before, or atleast hoped so, and he wrapped his muzzle into the bush, grabbing at a limb and prying it away from its sheltered area and breaking it then placing it on the ground and prying away the leaves and other materials that was on it.

And once satisified he returned back to his position next to the cub, dropping the stick before him. "Done, Now what needs to be done simba, is he going to be okay?" He continued to quesiton, his anxiety was shooting up rather fast, same for his curiostiy upon the well being of the older lion. Besides that.. There was nothing that the cub was feeling, no other emotions... And he found it rather peculiar that he wasn't feeling a bit of sorrow, nor happiness that he could possibly save the lion. It was just so weird to him..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (ooc: Sorry I was out of town for a month and feel kind of lost what to do next : /)

He was beyond patient by this time, if the lion was not going to tell him what he needed he would let him "go". Feirefiz placed his paw on the lions face and cut into his eyes to blind him.

"If you won't say what will help him, then you will share a similar future."

he felt a knot in his stomach, he didn't like when things came down to this... He got up and began to walk over to the cubs and the fallen lion. Slowly, so they wouldn't be afraid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ooc: A journey of 3, 30 or even 1. Aren't you curious?

bic:
    "It'll just take a moment now. Just keep watch out if you can."

It took no time at all once everything he needed was in place. Thandi, an old mandril friend of his, and a dear one at that, would have had little trouble preparing the mixture he was now. Not so much so for the skill and knowledge - though that would certainly have been on her side a hundred fold over - but moreso because her hands could more easily manipulate the objects. As it was, he was resigned to akwardly gripping things with his maw and angling his neck to the side, grabbing something here, carefullly pouring something there, but he did it. And he knew that Thandi would be proud, just as he knew that his adopted dad Akili would be too to know that he had gained some skill in the use of healing pastes.

Once the salve had been made he put some of the mixture on a fresh leaf and carefully gripped it in his mouth and turned to Malaika. He didn't want to loose another friend but was comforted by the thought that this time he was in a position to help. He hoped he could. With a little effort and some practiced skill the cub turned the leaf paste-side down and layed it over the older lion's wound, and then another. Then with his nosepad proceeded to press the leaf and therefore the mixture gently into Malaika's wounds. And then he waited. It was all he could do. He and Kovujin had done what they could, now it was up to luck and the fates to do the rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika still lay unconsious and his breathing subsided a bit. Even though the wounds would be healed and the poison seeped out there was another deeper illness that couldn't be healed. Only time would show what effects it had but right now it wouldn't show anything.

The others looked on and saw a few tears rol from his eyes though he layed there unmoving. It seemed that death had tried to take him but was denied the older lion once again. This time though Malaika would keep his memories.

Malaika was no longer in the land between heaven and hell. A place he had wanted to be. He had to find out more both from his darker self and from his father whom was trapped in that purgatory. Dream scape was a place that very few could gain entry too as they slept, or in Malaika's case had been taken close to death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin looked on as the cub has prepared the paste, his eyes wide and sorta sparking with wonder and amazement as he watched simba work. Never had he been into this 'healing' stuff before, but he had heard of wandering creatures that knew of the ancient works of healing animals of wounds, sicknesses, and sometimes even death. But never had he thought that simba would be one of those, and so he found it rather amusing to watch something like this being performed. And then applied to a 'patient', and unfortunately, that patient being Malaika.

He moved back a bit as simba started to put the leaf with its herbs upon his wounds. His ears then perked as he heard paw steps coming their way, and he moved his head quickily in that direction, and seeing the same creature before, friend, though that was coming near them, the one who was dealing with the rogue lion. Man... What a day this has been.. he told himself in his mind as he turned his head back to simba, and then the lifeless body, or so it seemed, of Malaika, until he saw the tear run down the older lions cheek, and a frown appeared upon his muzzle that instance, the tear made him think, that he wanted to die, or not be alive possible, but usually.. These accusations of him were always wrong, but he never knew if they were or not. Being because he never told anyone what was on his mind...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba looked on at the still largely unmoving body of his friend. All he could do was wait now, wait and see if their efforts, even this journey, were for nothing. He hoped otherwise. Taking in a deep breath, the cub closed his eyes a moment. The air was stale and filled with the smells of battle. The scents of fur and even blood mixed and hung in the now calm day.

There was a time when he longed for adventures like these, sought them out. Not so much the death of course, but the feeling like you were racing against time, against fate, against destiny. Then, as he openned his eyes, he was reminded that such races came at a cost at times. Hopefully the cost wouldn't be too great. But then, wasn't the loss of any life too great? It was unfortunate that so many learned this lesson too late. Other memories began to stir.

He looked back to Kovujin and offered a reassuring smile. The journey thus far hadn't been without it's rewards. He had found another friend, even if for a time. Such moments were rare for him these days and overlooked by all too many as well. He padded the few steps it took to his friend and sat beside him, watching. The figure of Feirefiz caught the periphery of his vision and he looked back to see another of their group moving back towards the whole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika stired slightly and shuddered as he tried to get up. As he reached his full height he lost his strength and fell but caught himself and wept as he tried to use what strength he had to get up. He sat back upon his haunches and breathed heavily trying to remeber what had happened but all the visions he had seen were lost to him. The one thing that went through his mind was that it was not safe to travel to Mt. Kilimanjaro and that they all where to head north past the heartlands and travel to the valley pridelands.

Tears fell from his eyes as he tried to stay sitting up but lost his strength again and fell back down onto his side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is, has never been, and may never be any time to stop moving. It seems there?s not much of a place in the world for a lone wolf. I was part of a pack of course. As a pup I used to play in the high grass around the den while the others looked on. It?s really too bad it all had to turn out this way. After the domestic dogs got loose, rabies began to spread through the native wolves. My pack, Darkeena, was one of only 1/3 of the population that survived. The trouble didn?t end there though. Before I was born, the old Alfa?s of the pack died of old age. The spot was quickly filled, but not by an original member of the pack, instead by a half wolf from farther north. I don?t know what he was mixed with, but it made his fur longer and his muscles stronger.
    As new alfa, he was, of course, given the right to mate. I was, thankfully, born to the Beta pair, which consisted of two original pack members. I grew up with the new little of quarter breeds. Unfortunately, as the new litter of the Alfa and had inherited his longer fur. In order to make sure the other pups were cool enough, the entire pack moved up into the mountains to the far north. I remember the winters there. Members of the original pack began to die off one by one without the aid of longer fur. My father died the first year. The year, my mother and I huddled for warmth every night to stay alive. Then, at the age of 14, she was far too weak to go on. She died one night in towards the end of winter that year. From then on, the pack slowly began to degrade. It seemed all the older members of the original pack were being picked off one by one. It seems the only reason I was left alone was my status as the strongest of the cubs.
    Soon even I began to be targeted by the ones my age. I was nipped, tackled, and frequently attacked, but at all in the friendly manner. I knew I had to go at some point; there was nothing left for me in the pack. The day the last of the original pack died, I was out hunting with the other cubs. When I came back, I got the only sign I needed to go. The entrance to the cave was blocked by the alfa male, who at the time was still quite a bit larger than me. At the age of 2 and ?, I didn?t stand a chance of getting back to the warmth and relative safety of the cave. I turned and left without even giving the smallest look back.
    I immediately headed south, back to the valleys. I knew that without somewhere warm to stay, I?d surely be dead. Food was never a problem at least. The humans often left their food exposed as all wolves? except for me perhaps? had been gone for over a year. There was also an enormous rodent population that served as a food stable should larger prey ever be hard to find. I really had no idea where to go and now, 2 years later, I still have no idea! I?ve been heading south in small jumps. Farther I go; the closer I feel I?m getting to a better climate and maybe perhaps, even a better home. It would be wonderful to have a home again, some day perhaps. For today, I just want to find some shade and sleep. It?s too bad the only thing around here is tall grass. *yawns and lies down* no matter, I ran all last night, I deserve some sleep this day. *places a paw over his eyes* to dream is to gain complete freedom from the world, that?s what my mom always told me as a pup. No I?m *yawn* going to test that for the thousandth time. Goodnight world. *falls asleep*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((ooc: Firstly Psylant Darkeen, I hope that your character is an Ethiopian wolf, as only animals that live in Africa can be RP'ed in this section mainly because, well, this RP is set in Africa.
    Secondly, please post a character profile here: http://www.leahalalela.com/showthrea...&threadid=2285 and if you haven't done so already, please read the rules ( http://www.leahalalela.com/showthrea...&threadid=2281 ) just so you know what the right way to RP is. Please and thank-you))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ooc: Thanks for joining the thread first of all Psylant. Secondly, Mizani, I'm perfectly capable of moderating my own forum. While I do appreciate your wanting to help, please leave those tasks to me so newcomers to the forum don't feel like they are being talked down to or criticized for actually trying to rp.