Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey (cont. from second journey)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika whispered quietl.

"The place we are heading is to the north. I belive they think we are going to the south.we won't have long before they are on us if they realised that we have gone around them instead of strait to uncle's cave. We must stop at my parents cave just south of the ruined village."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He glanced in the cubs' direction before replying and stopped short of asking a question. The idea of cubs tagging along on such a venture wasn't all that appealing, but then he didn't know the circumstances surrounding their journey up till now. Bringing his gaze back to Malaika, he said, "I might as well accompany you and take part in whatever perils you're bound to face."

He didn't give voice to what else was going through his mind. The idea of going near any human habitation, even if abandoned, didn't set well with him. He had been fortunate to have avoided human contact throughout his life so far.

There was something about humans that didn't set well with him. Maybe, while making the journey with them, he can sift through his memory for any stories he made have been told when he was a cub. With a whispering sigh he lifted his emerald gaze toward the heavens and tossed a brief prayer to the stars above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "We must move on."

Malaika sighed inwardly as yet some one else joined in. First he had lost a friend in the night, then a couple others followed him and got left behind, than the cub tagged along, and now Kijana. Malaika didn't know about any one else but he knew that Simba and Kovujin wern't warriors or fighters. He strted to get even more worried as they would press on and if found by the rouges what would they do? He knew he could fight them off but not with young ones around to get hurt. He and Kijana would both have to carry one and run as fast as they could to get them to safty before they, if Kijana could fight, could defen the two. They would be out numbered but not very out muscled. Malaika was very well built for his age. He was a little past his prime but still looked young when he is happy. Though rarely ever smiles any more. He knew that he could still put up a good fight if push came to shove. He would protect those he love at even the cost of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Do you two want me and Simba to walk or what?" Kovujin asked curiously,
    "If so i'll walk a lot faster than I usually do, I can see you want to get out of here Malaika" Kovujin said with a smile appearing on his face.
    Why was it that Kovujin felt happy around Malaika, was it that he always felt safe around him? Or was it that he reminded him so much like his father, Or was it both of those reasons.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika looked back at the cub.

"We'll walk. It may take longer but we also need to keep our guard. either way it would take as long."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin smiled,

"Well I'll keep look out from behind us.. I wont let anything escape my field of vision" Kovujin said trying to act brave, "And i'll tell you if I see anything" Kovujin said with another smile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika nodded trying not to smile at the little cubs antics. It wasn't to hard to hide his smile.

"We'll move out when every one is ready."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin smiled and raised his paw,
    "Raise your paw if your ready" Kovujin said aloud so everyone could hear him, but not loud enough so that they could be spotted by someone or heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There could be a rustle heard nearby, and a grumble to soon follow. A rather irritated Tigon would be the cause of it all. In the night, he could hardnly be seen amongs any grass or bushes, his fur was just dark enough to blend in with the ground, and his stripes nearly mimiced grass strands perfectly. He'd been quiet for the most part, stalking his prey,a small rodent of some sort. However, he'd been so low to the ground that when he stood, he smashed his head into a low branch. Thus the grunt.

He came stumbling out of where he had been hiding. Honestly he hadn't meant to cause any comotion, but he didn't quite know that there was anyone else nearby. Bright reddish orange eyes widened as he spotted others, lions, and it would seem that the older ones were a good bit larger than himself. Sometimes he hated being a Tigon due to the fact that his size was dwarfed. He still could put up a fight if need be. But oh he hoped need didn't be tonight.
    *art*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    -=Azaria moved among the tall grasses, her mahogany colored fur blending in with the darkness. She yawned a bit as she padded along, keeping her body somewhat lowered. She licked her tanned muzzle, freeing the fur from the blood that was smeared across it. She had just finished a lovely meal, which happened to be a small antelope that she had caught not to far from here. She smirked smuggly to herself, happy with her kill and her full stomach. She can't even remember the last time she had had a filling meal.=-

That hit the spot...

-=Said the young lioness , her blue eyes sparkling in the moonlight as she continued on. Her ears perked up suddenly. She raised a brow as she heard a grunt, but kept moving on, her black paws caressing the earth below her. She was a bit tired this evening, which resulted in her bumping into something rather large. She wrinkled her nose and jumped back, looking at what she ran in to. she raised a brow as she gazed upon the Tigon=-

sorry bout that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika's ears perked instantlyand looked off in the direction of the noise. Quickly he slid silently from sight and into the tall grass no longer able to bee seen by any one. Was it just his parinoia or was there others out there. Could it be some one from the Rougse pride or was it just some rouges who would join in the quest. In the end it would come down to a fight between Malaika's rabble of fighters and the semi-trained fighters of the Rogue's Shadow. Malaika hoped that it wouldn't come to that but you could never be too sure.

Whom ever was out there probably knew what they were doing and just made a slight error or thie animal was a total puts that was just out for a midnight snack. Either way he wanted to make sure they wouldn't become prey. Though he left simba and kovujin alone they were at least, for now, in the safe company of kijana. Malaika slid up behind kijana and whispered into his ear before he slid off into the pitch black area around them.

"Keep the cubs safe."

The moon was in its new phase and wouldn't give away his position very well. Sliding like the small gust of wind in the area he moved in the direction of the noise tuning every little noise waiting for the sound of another sigh so he could pinpoint the exact location of the intruder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feirefiz stretched and rolled onto his back. The resting had done him well and he felt like he would explore the area a little more. He sighed and rolled off of the rock he had been laying on. His white paws thoomped in the dirt below them. It felt good to have the cool earth below him. Not on a mission or a journey, but just feeling the land. He was thristy...

He surveyed what he could see and figured he may as well search for a cool drink.

He padded along, not trying to hide himself or be secretive. He was tired of that. So often that he passed though another prides home and would hide and stalk on by. But here it seemed as if there was no need.

As he wandered along he caught a smell so familiar. As if he knew the animals who they originated from. It had been such a long time that he doubted his mind and tried to ignore it. It was most likely a trick of the mind. A memory so strong you can feel and smell it. He stopped again and smelled the air deeply. And wished it was true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He grunted after being stumbled into by the female, and just turned his head, eyes quickly rolling sarcastically. He narrowed those glowing embers quickly after the sarcasm, eyeing her for a moment longer than perhaps he should have.

" Shh.... There's others. Leave me alone."

Okay, perhaps that was a bit cold, but he didn't want to get caught or attacked because of her. He huffed near silence as he furrowed his brows, the moon's light barely catching his fur, his stripes and coloring kept him well hidden in near every circumstance, this being no exception.

Black hooked nose raised into the air, taking in a deep breath before he let it out, eyes once more narrowing to mere slivers. He knew there was someone else there, more than one at that. He picked up quite a few scents. Well. Murok was in no mood for a fight. He took a few steps towards the hidden grouping and just sat his rear upon the ground. He would then clear his throat and bow his head, speaking quite aloud.

" If you think I'm going to attack, be assured that I mean you no harm. I am not speaking for the lioness, I haven't a clue as to her motives or her existance. But you've only got a friend in me."

He would remain bowed head there, eyes closed, showing complete submission. Murok, unlike his long-lost sister, was not out to kill. He was just a mixed creature with a peaceful mind.
    *art*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika moved slowly the right back side of the creature and spoke in his deep boming accent.(think Sean Connery)

"Is that so? Many have said the same thing tet there not here with us."

You'd think that with the sound of Malaika's voice that it would make anyone tremble in fear. Evenas he spoke he couls still not be seen by anyone.

"If you are indeed what you say you are then give us your name and the land in which you come from. After that well we'll just see what happens."[/i]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He almost shuddered at the voice, however he stayed perfectly still, head bowed, eyes remaining shut gently. His ears folded back however, resting against his skull, the white spot on them obvious even in the dim light.

" My name is Murok. I have recently left my pride in Harmony Gorge to more or less find myself and a suitable home. I've commited no crime, nor do I plan to. If you chose to judge me before knowing me, then I say you're making a rather big mistake."

His voice was strong and clear, and then he sat up, eyes wandering about.

" If you wish to make yourself known, it wouldn't be minded at all. I hate talking to shadows."
    *art*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "As you wish, just remember any wrong moves would be your last."

At that Malaika steped out from behind the tigon and and sat back on his haunches ready to attack if need be.

"So tell me, have you come across any rouges? hmm. Have you made sure you wern't being followed?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He quickly turned around to face him, then resumed his seat upon the ground. All those questions. He just furrowed his brows, shaking his head lightly.

" There's a female back there, but I haven't the foggiest as to what she's doing or where she went. She didn't look to have ill intent, but then again I didn't look too long. And.. I'm pretty sure I wasn't followed."

He shrugged his shoulders soflty, claws idly dipping out of thier sheaths to grasp at the dirt beneath his feet, then disapear again.
    *art*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika nodded and proceeded to get as much as he can on any news coming out of the heartlands.

"Have you heard anythoing out of the north? Or have you not hear anything from there since the poacher war? Or has your family not heard news since the pride wars?"

Sure it had been almost two years since the pride wars that nearly wiped out the eastern prides but the mesangers that would comunicate over Dreamscape had been kiled in the battles and no one knew the art or way to visit dreamscape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, we can just say that Murok was more than confused by this male. He would slowly gather himself to his feet, shaking his head a few times, the striped half-mane just fluffing a bit at the actions.

" I'm not from this area... I do not have any idea where my family is now adays, nor do I care. They chose to leave me to myself due to thier own foolishness. Now I wander, from place to place. It just so happens that our paths have crossed on this day."

He took a few steps towards Malaika, and just raised an eyebrow. A look of contemplation took him over.

" What is your name? I notice you hold yourself much higher than me, for whatever reason. We are but strangers and you have no need to try and overpower me. I'm not going to attack you or your friends. If you wish to have my company, I'm willing to protect the cubs from whatever dangers that may be encountered. I'm told I come from a strong line of hunters and huntresses, I'm sure I could come in hand.

However. If you do not wish that, then leave me be and I'll continue about my way."
    *art*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika sneared and lowered himself a bit in contempt.

"Probably best if you came with us. you never know who you might run into and the fact that you ran into us would be enough to even hurt you. For you see we are truely the ones being hunted though we have evaded them for the time being. We must still travel to the heartlands where they now reside. My familes once proud kingdom laid low by... humans."

Malaika spat to the side represent how much he loathed humans even though he only loved one human. After all they did destroy his homeland and had taken his family from him.

"I am Malaika Heart Mizaati, Storyteller and knight to the Mizatai Mara Pride and heir to the Heartland Pride or rather whats left of it. We are on our way to find an answer. You will join us. For now we must hurry. I don't trust you yet. Prove your trust to me and we'll see what happens from there."

At that Malaika turned and padded over to Kijana, Kovujin, and simba. With a sour look upon his face he grabbed Simba carefully and walked to the east.