Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey (cont. from second journey)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba was quick to his paws. He stayed upbeat but the features on his muzzle denoted a certain sense of urgency - determination. He glanced at Kovujin and nodded then began to follow Malaika once more. Wether it would be long now or not before they reached their destination he didn't know - mainly out of fact that he'd never been to the older lion's homelands before - but one thing he did know; their journey would become increasingly more dangerous. Malaika's every expression foretold such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin felt like Malaika had meant the truth and was serious, he started getting the same emotion before when his parents left him, Fear. He wondered if these rogues would kill them, from the way Malaika had put things it sounded like they needed to get out of there and fast. Kovujin padded up along side Malaika and made sure he was as close as possible to him without getting stepped on, he was scared he kept looking in both directions for the slightest signs of movements.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "there could be, well we better get moving, if there's danger, i don't want to stick around." Titus walks away from the wildebeast he hunted to let the buzzards eat it and walks up to a drop off that was a little far, Titus watches the sky when the breeze came in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mizani bounded up to Titus's side, looking behind her to make sure Karifu was coming, before looking back at Titus.

"What kind of Danger could we be in?" She asked Titus, looking at the surronding bushes, almost expecting something to jump out at them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba stayed close to Kovujin and Malaika as they went off. He understood that from this point on, no matter how much he wanted, that he really should rather listen to Malaika and not go off exploring or wandering - as much of a strength or faukt as it was of his. The cub tried to keep track of how the land felt beneath his paws as well as any markers around where they were at. If something came up he wanted to be ready and didn't want to be left wondering where to go or retrace. Besides, committing such things to memory made it that much easier to move and react - letting his subconcious mind maneuver the terrain, thereby letting the better part of his awareness handle the situation being faced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika had a look of malice upon his muzzle. He felt he could take on the humans again. The dream had to have been a vison or at least the earth being an informant telling him what to expect. They weren't halfway to the heartlands yet he knew that if they didn't keep moving now that the rouges would make their move first. The older lion didn't want that. If they wanted to kill them then he would rais hell when he did. They wouldn't know what kind of force they were dealing with. Malaika would give them a war. One well trained warrior against former veterns that didn't compare. Yet still Malaika trudged onward looking back at the two cubs every once in a while to make sure they were sfe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin stopped walking for a while to look back, he wasnt to sure if someone was following them or not, he didn't know, he looked forward again, Malaika and Simba had kept walking, not noticing he had fallen behind. He ran back up to them padding next to Malaika again and acted as if nothing had happened, he kept glancing behind them, being that the spot most people usually attacked from. He looked up to Malaika,

"So when we get to your homelands, What will you do there?" Kovujin asked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika didn't look down, he just kept looking forward not worrying about what was behind them. he was now listening more intently to the earth. The earth kept him updated on all that was around him.

"I will find an answer. There is a secret in my family but I don't know what it is or any one is after it. All I know is I had been warned that there are those who seek it. I will stop at nothing till I find out what it is."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin looked up at Malaika, Then back at the road ahead of them

"I see, Sounds strange, Do you have a family waiting back home for you?" Kovujin asked,

he didn't want to start talking to much incase they got attacked or something so Malaika would be ready, But he was just soo curious, as were all other Cubs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OOC: Whew... finally finished skimming over ya'll's thread. This will be my only post for the night, however.

Particles of dust were startled into action, swirling in the air as a result of an exhaled breath. A pair of smoldering emerald orbs peered out form a screen of cover, a shadowy form camouflaged from view. A mind racing with thoughts which swirl about like a roiling thunderstorm as the figure remained in a tense position, all senses alert.

He was most unhappy with his current circumstances, but then he had only himself to blame. Wasn't it he who had made the decision to go off on his own on a kind of personal quest? A quest to find himself, to learn who he really was and where he was really going in life. Well, Damu Kunguru had not approved when he stated his reason for desiring to get up and go. She actually scoffed at him and gave him one of her soul-piercing gazes as she spat out, "You can't find yourself out there, Kijana! You'll be looking in the wrong direction!"

And what was his reply to that? Just a shrug, and nothing more, tossing her words aside like so many discarded bones. He should have known better than to do that, for hadn't her advice and wisdom come to his aid in the past? She had been the one to find him in dire straights after his decision to become a rogue. She had been the one to help him get through the following weeks, a companion whom he could rely upon. And now that he wanted to go off on his own again, he was spurning their friendship.

Well, he was paying for all that now as he began to gaze about warily, taking in the myriad scents and sifting through the information. His mood had been rather morose the past few days to the point where he didn't care if he crossed a few boundaries. Now how maddening was that? Here he was around seven years of age and he was acting like some inexperienced adolescent. He hadn't made such an error in judgment since he was two. He was definitely going to give himself a beating after all this.

A silent sigh escaped from him as he lifted his head up, revealing a mane of waning reddish hue. The one thing to draw attention to him was the fading scars across his left eye from where a leonine paw had grazed across his face. He was pretty fortunate that his eye wasn't damaged in the process. And what could be seen of his shoulders, a pelt of dulled amber hue could be made out.

To be caught in such a very unpleasant situation where there were very unfriendly individuals afoot. A soft snort escaped from his maw as he muttered,
    "Oh yeah, I'm having some fun now."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika stopped in his tracks and looked away sadly.

"There is no one left in my homeland. I was the only one to survice the poacher war that took place. Ther are few who even knew it had happened. Now the land is dead and decayed to the point where it may never regenerate. And the rouges may have taken over."

Malaika lost his malice and slipped into sadness which filled him with greif. Yet he knew if he wasn't carefull that it would hurt him in the end. For sadness would lead to anger and the more the anger would fill him the more the darkness would try to rise again. Though he never felt it as much as he once did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "oh, I'm sorry to hear that, Sorry I asked" Kovujin said with a sigh,

Kovujin had thought Malaika was lonely enough in the world, but now, he had no family? man that must bite. Kovujin had a family but.. They left him so he has none now, but knowing there dead, that must be a big burden to carry on your back, Kovujin felt sorry for the lion.

"Don't feel to bad about it, Me and Simbaji are still here with ya all the way" Kovujin said with a big smile on his face trying to cheer Malaika up, he was obviously depressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OOC: yeah my 100th post

BIC:

Malaika smiled slightly and continued onward feeling aprehensive as he felt the presence of another animal near-by. Slowly a feeling grew in the it of his stomache. Whom or what ever the creature was he couln't tell if it was friendly.

"I'm glad I have you and simbaji now."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (ooc: Congratz! )

"I'm glad I met you too Malaika, your a really nice lion" Kovujin said smiling looking at the path ahead of them, he felt something near, it made him shiver.
    "Do you feel that.. like..were being Followed?" Kovujin asked quietly so the animal or what ever it was following them wouldn't hear them conversing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika moved forward slowly

"I'm not sure what I feel but I don't want to take any chances."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin followed Malaika, he was so close to him that he could get stepped on, but he was scared right now, He didn't know what to think he made sure not to say one word so Malaika could hear what was around them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An opportunity had arisen for him to slip away as quiet as a mouse, or at least he hoped so. His sleek and musculare leonine form moved itself away from the point of contention. Flowing through the greenery like a fish swimming through the water, Kijana gradually made his way towards the lip of the jungle and paused a few heartbeats. His posture was rather tense as he remained in place and cast about with his darkened emerald gaze, ears sucking in any and every sound they could get ahold of while he inhaled deeply. Even his tail was behaving for once, the reddish tuft not budging an inch and seemingly frozen in place.

And then... voices. Were those voices? He strained his hearing a bit more so he could pick out those sounds, turning his head to the left to let his right take it all in. Those voices did not last for too much longer and now there seemed to be silence again. Well, other than the usual cacaphony of jungle denizens such as birds and insects and the like. He took in a deep breath as he eased from the stiff posture he had been holding, now feeling torn between curiosity and aversion. The yearning, however, to go and see who or what could it have been was clamoring for attention. In the end his curiosity won out and so once more he eased forward, muscles rippling and flowing beneath his deep amber pelt.

Now his tail tuft was making its rebellious twitch once more as he weaved his way through the foliage, dark emerald gaze ever watchful, his ears and nostrils ever alert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika stopped short and litened intently to the surrounding area. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath and knew almost instantly that some one was near. The smell was that of a lion but whom he couldn't tell. It was neither the scent of the east rouge's nor the scent of the western prides. at least none that might have known. Yet he felt like he was about to be hunted though he would soon turn it around and become the hunter.

Malaika grabbed both cub and made them lay low in the grass while he slid into the tall grasses near the edge of the jungle. His heart racing as he slowly moved up behnd a boulder and waited silently listening as the earth informed him of the location of the lion. He wasn't too far off. Just a pounce away. The older lion looked over the boulder and down upon another red maned lion. Carefully he approaced from downwind and pounced the other lion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even as simba was moved to the side by Malaika he had the feeling that there was something he wanted to see. Curiosity had always been one of his strongest faults and strengths alike. The wind blew quietly across the place where they were, knowingly bending the reeds of grass that now caught the young cub's attention with their soft rythm. He looked to Kovujin and spoke quietly.

"I'm going too."

With that he left for the same direction that Malaika had gone. He felt bad about not explaining more to his friend but time could never be counted on to be on one's side and he didn't want to miss the chance to confirm his suspicions. Paws that had padded over countless miles now carried this curious cub towards whatever it was that had entered into the trio's range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin let out a sigh, he wasn't liking the Idea of staying by himself with someone out there.

"Okay, Hurry back now Simbaji" Kovujin said smiling at the cub,

Kovujin sat down on the ground and stayed low in the grass, making sure he wasnt visible by anyone else unless he wanted them to see him.