Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey (cont. from second journey)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He paused with barely baited breath, stretching all his senses out as far as they could go. His brow furrowed when he caught ahold of... something. A tickling in the back of his mind, a little warning of something iminent. And he was about to lift his head to gaze about when something collided with him. Eyes widening as his maw parted, he gave vent to a silent shout within his mind. "Holy freaking hey!" And in a heartbeat he was rolling, twisting and turning his sleek leonine bulk.

His left paw came up and pushed at the shoulder of the other, giving a bit of a nudge and a shove. With a grunt, he was able to get out a few words.
    "Hey, c'mon!" He gave another push and was able to dislodge the burden just a bit, enough to get his upper torso free. "Get off, will ya?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika rested now just a few feet away from the lion ready to pounce again if need be.

"Who are you and why are you following us? The rogue king sent you to kills us didn't he. We'll you won't. You can tell him if the humans didn't finish me off then he himself better do so cause I'll kill every last one of his flunkies then I'll kill him as well."

Malaika felt for sure this lion was part of the Rogue pride that had formed in his home lands. This rouge was alone and looked to be more of a warrior than anyone else they had encountered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After having gained and opportunity to pull himself up and rolling onto his feet, he peered over at the other leonine curiously. His head tilted to the right a bit as he listened, a frown upon his face as he gave the other a rather confused look. Blatanly his features shouteed out, 'What the heck are you talking about?!'

Kijana just shook his head before finally replying.
    "Okay, I have a few questions of my own to ask. Now the first being... Huh?" One brow was raised as he looked to the other. "Let me just add that I've only been around here a short while, having done some extensive traveling. Just passing through, actually." He gave a leonine shrug and turned his head to the right, keeping one eye on the other male.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika turned to see just what the other lion was looking at while keeping his focus upon him. It was Simba. Malaika quickly leapt out to block the cub from Kijana.

"Simba stay back."

His mane blew ceaselessly in the wind revealing the scar on his face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ooc: i hate to ruin the pace tonight, but i'm beat and really need to sleep. plus i'd rather reply when i'm awake ._. zzzz.... (night all - sorry, but i'll bb in the morning!!!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (( good night Simba, Its no problem : ) I'm kinda tired too might get off soon anyways Have a good sleep))

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What had started out and seemed at first as a calm and knowing wind turned now instead into a more restless, forceful breeze - mimicking the emotions of Malaika. The two were more than likely not connected other than perhaps the wind was offering some form of rebuke or chastisement for the older lion's quick and baseless accusations towards one of africa's better children. The cub could scarcely believe it, reagrdless of the intuitions that had sifted into his perception and hopes; it was Kijana!

Malaika's tone of voice and quick reactions to his other friend lead him to decide that anxious as he was to reunite with an old friend that it would serve him better to approach a little cautiously. He didn't think that Malaika would actually hurt him but it was better not to chance getting in his way; nor was he going to cower in fear that something might accidentally happen. Caution was not mandated to walk hand in hand with timidness.

Many times he probably could have benefited from the insight and semi-wisdom he argued with. His past was so filled with reckless and impulsive behaviors it was a wonder he was still alive; this too in considering the situations such lack of prudence and intellignce he found himself in many a time - and few of those were done so by his keeping his nose out of places it shouldn't be. At the moment he couldn't complain though, he was alive and held far more experience at his paws than many others.

"Kijana?! Malaika, calm down! He isn't a spy or anyone else you need to worry about, he's an old friend."

simba smiled at the amber-manned lion then quickly remembered that Kovujin was still left secluded and otherwise alone. With a loud call he beckoned the other cub to come over and join them. Immediately his gaze turned back to Kijana, accompanied by a bright and happy smile. He took a few steps forward wondering if the other lion would remember him. It normally wouldn't be hard considering the plight of simba's situation - that of mysteriously not aging. So the cub would look the same, but would Kijana believe it was truely him? Anyone would expect to see a lion much older. Kijana, of course looked no differently to simba. And perhaps he never would either. The image burned into the young cub's memories would forever keep the amber lion whole and unchanged - a monument to a special bond forged long ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin heard Simbaji's voice, he strolled along up ahead to where he had seen Simbaji and Malaika run off to. He looked over and saw Malaika, Simbaji, and another Lion. he walked up and sat beside Simbaji, He turned his head and smiled at Simba, Then turned around to speak with the new lion.

"Hi, I'm Kovujin," Kovujin said smiling at the lion
    He turned to Simba and whispered into his ear
    "Let me guess...Another friend of yours?" Kovujin said with a slight smile on his face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika laid down slowly. He knew to trust Simba when it came to others that he claimed to know.
    Malaikia bowed his head slightly and spoke peaceifully to the other lion.

"Samahani. I didn't know if you were Yahe or Adui. These are troubled times out here right now especilly with a lot of Maadui about."

Translations
    Samahani = forgive me
    Yahe = friend
    Adui = enemy singular
    Maadui = enemy plural

sorce

http://research.yale.edu/cgi-bin/swa...onaries_en.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    His pair of darkened emerald orbs immediately fastened upon the young leonine. Practically everything else was tuned out as he just stood there and gazed at the young cub. Several emotions flowed across his face almost like water, from startlement at the sound of his name coming from quite a familiar voice, even though it had been a long while. The little one standing before him certainly had not changed one iota from the last time he had seen this individual and he was somewhat confused and puzzled that nothing had changed. Well, other than what he saw in the cub's eyes, for he definitely had grown older in respect to the light shining out of them. Still rather unsure as to what lay in plain sight before him, he cautiously uttered a name he had not spoken in a long time. "Simbaji...?"

Countless images seemed to flow across his inner vision as he dredged up memories long buried. Memories that were, for the most part, filled with emotion he had not felt in what seemed like ages. A recalling of an old friendship, and one that had grown into a very deep and special one, filled with a deep fondness. Once more he focused on the young ball of mischief and mayhem before him, his gaze then shifting to the newcomer. At the young leonine's greeting he smiled a little uncertainly and responded. "Hello..."

Kijana's attention was drawn back to the larger male and he watched in silence for a few more heartbeats. Bringing himself to rest uopn his haunches, he dipped his head in greeting and resplied. "I don't hold anything against you..." And then he gave a slight smile as he tilted his head a bit. "And definitely Yahe, as Simbaji can attest to." Then he grew serious once more. "Isn't that the truth... I had a close encounter myself rather recently."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OOC: Sorry if I'm a bit rusty, it's been a while.

Feirefiz body was weak and worn by this point, the endless days of searching, hoping to find what he'd lost. He was not able to go further today. He found himself a rock jutting from the warm dirty and laid himself down on it. So long he'd been off chasing his windmills, and it took him further and futher from home. He often felt the windmills were indeed giants he would never overcome.

He looked around, there seemed to be many animals here, a peaceful and prosperous land perhaps? He shifted his weight and laid lengthwise on his rock and began to clean the cracked skin of his pawpads. He didn't know if he'd found home but something...a smell, the landscape, perhaps a memory made him feel like something in this land was right. He just couldn't shrugg off the feeling.

He'd been wandering now for nearly 3 or 4 years. He'd almost forgotten the faces of his pride. He wondered if they remained as one or if time had played its game and scattered them to the wind.

In between his thoughts he'd pause and listen. The grass in the wind calmed him. He'd catch himself in a moment of curiosity, his whiskers pushed forward but soon relaxed as he'd continue his grooming. The days were long and he didn't often get the chance to groom and rest. His black fur was dulled by the gathered dust in his fur.
    "How iconic" he thought, "Something that once shown bright now dull..."

He moved from his paws down to the tuft of fur on his tail, all while taking in the moment of peace, and watching the other animals. One group in perticular. But he need not conern himself at this point he reminded himself. He feared he was slipping from his Knightly dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika nodded to kijana.

"I am Malaika. Once proud king of the Heartland lion pride that once lived in the shadows of Kilimanjaro, I am the sole survivor. Now I am just a storyteller and banner knight to the Mizaati Mara pride."

Malaika stil used the title banner knight though he wasn't sure if he still was. He didn't remeber simba ever giving it back to him. Though he was a knight and a very good one since he had survived the great poacher war that claimed the lives of hunams and his pride, not only his pride but also every other pride that joined. Though none had survived. He had seen more death in that few days than he'd ever want to see again.

He looked over at simba and lowered his head wondering if simba and kijana had been as they were now. He never wanted to lose him and he promised to always protect him. It would hurt the older lion if he lost the cubs 'affection' to some one else. Yet there was more between Malaika and simba than what showed in the last week or so. only time would tell if the fires were stil lit once the journey was over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "I don't know I can't make out the sound" Titus hears a bit more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba looked briefly to Kovujin and nodded at the question as to wether this new lion was another friend of his; and indeed he was. He smiled to the other cub to let him know that they were in very good company. After waiting a moment to let Malaika introduce himself a little more he spoke. He could see the recognition and confusion alike in Kijana's eyes. He was glad more than anything for the first. He too wanted to know the reason for his lack of physical growth. At first it seemed to be some sort of game or maybe fond hope, but as time drew on it was clear that the cub wasn't growing any larger. To most it seemed a paradox or perhaps a disease that maybe plagued the cub. There was one though who knew the truth, and in time that truth would be revealed to the young cub. The answer however would come to hold more mystery and danger than the question itself.

Winds that had been, always been, his constant companion in this life seemed to circle about the group; happy and reassuring in it's own way. The fields of grass also bent and flowed to the adulation and entreaty of the breaths that africa took. No one knew that these winds also seemed to unknowingly mask the presence of another who sat, watching in the distance. The circle of life was drawing it's arches wide and many friends who had become seperated over time were finding their way back for a moment - perhaps a measure of sentiment on the part of the lands themselves to reassure everyone that the journey of life was not always traveled alone, nor lost to the chaos of time and distance. So much was at stake in life. It wasn't always the trials and dangers of others that had to be overcome. Sometimes the single chance for one to find themsef and come to truely know who they are, or cementing a bond that could endure any calamity, any hardship - even death - that, that was sometimes the greatest challenge of all.

simba smiled at Kijana and nodded, letting him know that it was indeed the same cub from all those years ago. The youth was obviusly happy to see that Kijana had continued to fair as well as he did. Wandering alone was something he knew was dangerous, but simba always returned at some point to the pridelands or his homelands. And in that moment a feeling of peace welled up within him for Kijana, who now stood here with him, with the others, he too had come home. No matter the time spent together, though he wished dearly for it to be more than he was normally granted, was always cherished. He approached his friend and after a moment's pause he nuzzled into the amber lion. After asking how he was, he continued. He wished he could take hours, even days to talk with Kijana, but as it was he was left with the only choice he had, to start finding out how he'd made it this far and if there were any reason he were in the area.

"I wish I could answer the question I'm sure you're thinking, but all I know is that it's wonderful to see you again! I have so many questions of my own. How did you find your way here?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    His dark emerald orbs shifted to the left, head turning in that direction slightly, as he became lost in thought. Tendrils of remembrance coiled themselves around him like vines climbing in a spiral up a dendric bole. Too many memories he did not really wish to recall, of the time he had spent struggling to hold his own pride together. For an occasional time of respite it appeared things were going quite well, but more often than not it was one conflict after another. His right eyebrow drew down as he gave a frown, wanting to push back all the memories.

"And now I'm just a wanderer with broken hopes and lost dreams." He wasn't sure if he was making any sense, for he had given voice to the collage of memories that only he had access to. That is, unless he chose to tell of his own story, but it was something he wasn't willing to do at this point in time.

However, a pleasant distraction presented itself in the form of a rather small rambunctious and mischievious ball of fur. At least that's how he always remembered Simbaji. The cub had made his way into the older lions heart like few others had been able. So there was always that one special place where he kept those precious memories tucked away in a protected niche.

He took in a deep breath and then let it out long and slow before replying to the young cub's query.
    "Well, just by wandering about. I haven't had any particular destination in mind, so long as I went in the direction of the sun's setting." [i]He gave a kind of shrug with his shoulders.[i/] "I needed a breather from a rather demanding taskmaster of mine." The older lion just smiled a bit, to show that it was a bit of a jest he was making. His 'taskmaster' was really just someone who had become an old friend; and she was trying to knock some sense into his hard head.

He looked from the young lions to the one who apparently had been leading them.
    "So... where are you all going?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mizani had run ahead of Titus. In pursuit of her friends, they were no where to be seen.
    Whne she arrived at the last spot where Malaika and Simbaji had been, to her dismay they had moved on.

Forgeting about Karifu and Titus, she dashed ahead.
    They had indeed goen father then she'd first expected, and soon she realised that it would take atleast two whole days before she caught up with them.

May as well make a start. She thought to herself.

And with that she began to follow the two lions scent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "We are heading to Mt. Kilimanjaro. We are in search for an answer. Yet I think we may be followed. Last night we came upon a couple of rougues."

He looked at simba and then to kovujin before moving closer and whispering the rest into Kijana's ear.

"I think they want to kill us. Especially Kovujin. In dreamscape last night I heard them talking. It seems that his family holds the same kind of secret my family does."

Malaika didn't know that they weren't going to be after Kovujin but rather simba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin smiled, "I'm just following them, I have no clue where were going other than to Malaika's home land. I'm just a cub, heck what do I know" Kovujin said with a wink.

what were they talking about, why Couldn't Malaika say what he said to Kijana out loud, was it about him. or.. was it about Simba or both, He had no clue, maybe it was one of those things adults only tell each other

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Upon Malaika's mention of rogues, he reflected back upon his brief and harrowing encounter not all that long ago. It had been not too long before his inadvertent trespass into a pride's territory. That had resulted from him shifting direction to avoid two rogues he had caught a glimpse of. Fortunately for him he was the one downwind and so was able to make a discreet exit.

His gazed focused upon the other lion once more and then responded with a whispering of his own.
    "It's possible that a couple of rogues I had a near run-in with not too long ago were the very ones who are hunting you." He paused to slide a glance toward the pair of cubs before continuing. "Do you have any plan as to how we could circumnavigate them and avoid getting caught?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Titus noticed that Mizani was gone and he had no idea where she went off to "Mizani?"he looked around wondering where she went"Mizani?!?!" he looked at the ground and noticed that it was Mizani's foot prints "don't worry Mizani i'm on my way"