Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey (cont. from second journey)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin sat for what seemed like to be an enterity under the tree roots where Malaika had left him, he thought maybe it was a trick Malaika used to get rid of him, then he thought maybe Malaika was telling the truth and hid him to protect him, Kovujin didn't know what to think, so he sat there, and waited, and waited. Kovujin then got an idea to go out and look for them, yeah that sounded like a good idea, no wait if I do and they come back...then they wont see me here and leave me, Kovujin just sat there, looking at the ground.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika pulled simba back to him as he slid behind a log and placed his paw over the little cubs muzzle to keep him from crying out in panic. They were hidden well within the shadow of the fallen tree as two animals walked close by arguing.

"What do you mean we lost them? How could we lose them?" One of them cried aloud. It was a female's voice "They couldn't have just disapeared into thin air."

"hey I'm only telling you what I know and I can't sence them anywhere." Cried a males voice.

"yeah but you know he ain't goinna be to happy to know that we lost..." the woman was quickly cut off.

"Shh, did ya hear that?"

"Man you losing it."

"Are you two done bickering?" Roared another voice. It was a deep voice which kinda sounded like Malaika. "We know where they are going. Everything is ready so you two are no longer expected to follow them. Unless you want to have a little fun with them."

"Well we would but uh, we lost them" The guy said.

"Pathetic. Just meet up with the rest of the group."

"Yessir!" The two said in unison and then jumped over the log where Malaika and simba where. Malaika noticed that the were rouges from the east. The other rouge still stood out on the other side of the log and seemed to speek to himself.

"I should have killed him myself. Can't rely on anyone. No matter I will soon find the secret myself. I must know what it is. What power they possesed. The tainted blood of the valley pride must end. Also the little one looks familiar. No matter they will both die by my paws."

At that the rouge chased after the other two who seemed more than long gone. Malaika knew they were close to his homeland and it seemed apartent, now more than ever, that they would have to use stealth to gain access into his homelands for they had been taken over by the rouges.

"Kovujin?" Malaika whispered down into the tree roots when he and simba arrived. "We will be moving deeper into the jungle and resting the night. Come and follow us."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin was happy to see Malaika's face,
    "Okay Lets get going" Kovujin said ready to get out of the tree roots, it was dark and damp in here, plus there wasnt much room, Kovujin got out and followed Malaika and Simbaji.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At first simba was a little frustrated that Malaika seemed to deem neccessary to quiet him - as if the cub were so much a stranger to the dangers of their predicament that he would have done something so stupid as scream out. Nevertheless he just sat and waited for the older lion to make their move. He listened to the conversations and carefully looked back and forth between the direction of the voices and Malaika. It was obvious that something was up.

As soon as circumstances allowed simba followed Malaika as they went to get Kovujin. The cub sighed with relief to see his friend ok. When Malaika spoke of resting he was a little surprised but greatful anyways. Just because he could hold his own for short periods of time didn't mean that he could keep up that pace forever - no matter how often he would try and do just that. The first thing he would do though when they reached their resting point would be to clean himself up. He felt all the dirt and grass that had woven itself into his fur and couldn't wait to take care of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Simbaji" Kovujin called, "Where do you think Malaika is going to take us in the Jungle, Does he know of a spot already?" Kovujin asked

Kovujin had been in the jungle once before, his Pride had been heading towards the Jungle before they left him, He wondered if he would meet up with his parents there, or maybe some of the friends he had back there, would they ignore him, or take him back in, many thoughts came back to Kovujin that instant, and he wondered about many things while on the topic of The Jungle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika motioned for the cubs to remain quiet as there might have been others still around. He urriedly searched for a tree large enough to hold all three of them. The moon broke through in several places and lit several faces of rock that were not randomly placed. It seemed that he was in such a hurry that they had made it to the ancient ruins and onto sacred ground where he knew they would be safe. Malaika looked around in aww at the many pictures depicting the great war between the prides of the north and the prides of the south. There in the middle stood three lions. The ones on the left stood on there hind paws as the third on on the opposite side lay in attack position as the murial also depicted rocks falling on the third lion. Below each of the lions were their names writen in the tongue of the ancients. Somehow Malaika could read what they said which brought a tear to his eyes as he stood there. Low and behold it was his uncle and father fighting their uncle Chaos.

"It...It can't be." Malaika felt lost and yet it seemed this was one of the places the humans who knew the ways of the ancients lived. It also seemed wrong. It ment that they had lived till just little after the great Pride war.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin looked up at the wall and saw pictures of lions, he couldnt really see them too good, he was getting really sleepy, he looked around to try to find a place to sleep... no where, he just looked at Malaika going to say something to him, but was to tired, also Malaika also made a motion to him to shut up, or just be quiet in a less bad way. he layed on his stomach quietly and curled up almost in a ball and fell asleep, snoring peacfully

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ooc: it's real late and i have to go to bed - sorry. i'll reply as soon as i can tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ooc: No problem, See ya later Simbaji : )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika laid down on the cold dirt covered ground and loked up at the moon lit muriel. A peice of his history lomed over him and not knowing that it would haunt him made him shiver. He had his own worries about what he was going to find out. yet he was determined to see it all the way through.

With a sigh he laid his head down in between his paws but didn't even sleep. He couldn't knowing there were others out there and from what it sounded like none of them were safe. A small wind blew through catching his mane and tugging at his fur causing him to shiver. It took a lot to worry Malaika yet everything was now moving to fast for any of them to really breath. Only time would tell what would take place in the next day or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As simba rested with Malaika and Kovujin he looked over as he heard the other cub ask him a question. Looking back to Malaika a moment he regarded the older lion. He wasn't really sure what was going on or what course of action was going to be decided upon. Looking back to Kovujin he really couldn't do much more than tell him as much.

"I'm not really sure. But I do get the feeling that something very bad is going on. I don't think Malaika knows either but I also think he knows more than he's told us. Maybe in the morning he'll say more."

With that simba moved closer to the group and decided that the grooming he had planned on could wait until then as well. For now he wanted to rest. Curling up he tried to keep his eyes open as long as he could to offer a little extra lookout but soon fell asleep. Whatever adventure lay ahead of them, he would be greatful for any amount he got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It wasn't long before Malaika fell asleep. Though it wasn't very restfull for the nightmares returned.

Malaika padded slowly into the Heartlands. It was still in ruins and was now being controled by an evil force. A force wich pulled at his fur drawing him closer to his once proud kingdom. It had been this way ever since the great Poacher War. The older lion slowly made his way through the lands taking great care not to be seen by whatever force it was that was leading him here. Could it be leading him to his death? He couldn't tell. As he came closer to where his cave once was he crept closer in the shadows. He could hear a voice protruding from the cave which sounded familiar.

"He will be here anyday now. We must be ready for him. Those humans obviously were too weak." Came one voice. It made Malaika think. 'Could he be the reason why the Heartland Pride was no longer around?'

"How did you get the humans, whom we can't even talk to, to destroy the Heartland prides?" Called out a voice to the first.

"The were informed by an ancient whom also tried to cross the plains. He never made it. I killed the human before he could make it to another village. I was going to kill the humans after I killed Malaika but I took him for dead as his mother took out the last human for me. I won't make that mistake again. This time though we now have the help of a pride whom is after one of the other travelers. It seems we have found another one. Half of the 4 are walking together to this very land."

Malaika crept forward and into the cave but it seemed that he was spotted for some one called out.

"Some one is listening in on us! Yet he is not here."

"Is it 'him?'"

"It is indeed."

"I know your listening Malaika. Hahaha Go, GO and tell your little cub friends, your little back up, that you all shall die."

Malaika woke up with the laughter ringing in his hears as he lay panting hard. His fur now rigid and stiff. After he calmed himself in the morning hours he smoothed his fur out trying not to think of the dream. But was it just a dream or did the lands want me to see what was going on. Malaika then became angry. So it was another lion that had gotten the humans to attack. He would, of corse, have to tell the other two. Especially since he felt that they were also after Kovujin, not knowing that they ment simbaji. Malaika would try to keep them both as safe as he could.

The older lion sighed and waited for the sun to rise before waking the cubs up. As the suns rays reached his cold fur he could feel the warmth slowly course through his body helping him relax and allow him to stretch his muscles before he could fully get up. He pulled himself to his full height and padded over to simba and whispered into his ear.

"It's time to go. We must be out of here soon."

He then preceeded to wake up Kovujin.

"We must go soon, both of you need to hurry. We will not be safe here. We'll only be safe if we keep moving. And no wandering off. That goes for both of you."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin stirred from his sleep from the sound of a voice, he was having a very good dream he didn't want to wake up, he wanted to stay there forever and just sleep, but he had to get up, the voice was Malaika's and if it was him, then something very wrong must have been happening, He opened his eyes and blinked them a couple times, rubbed his eyes to make sure he was good and awake and stretched and yawned a few times, he looked up at Malaika and smiled, he had heard what he said.

"I Wont leave your sights Malaika, Lets just get out of here," Kovujin said hastely.

This place was starting to give Kovujin the creeps but why he couldnt tell, he would just shiver for no reason at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It had taken simba some time to get to sleep that night. So many things on his mind. Why? Why should he let himself be bothered by so many "responsibilities"? The answer was partially there - No one had asked him to take on what he had - he had brought this on himself. Sometimes the weight of those responsibilities followed him in his dreams. There were two areas that he felt the need to be accountable for. One was present as a natural outcome of leading others. Always wondering if there were something you could do to make everyone stronger, hold them together, help each one grow - as well as always wondering if someone was wanting for something or perhaps suffering but unwilling to speak up. These he accpeted gladly - though they did take it's toll, most notibly on his ability to hold onto the carefree days of youth. The other was something that was, like the first, something he had taken upon himself. However, unlike leading, this responsibility was not between himself and those he kept company or watch for - it was between him and the lands. Vain imaginations may very-well have given rise to the duty he felt obliged - no, honored - to assume. Within his memories and experiences lived dozens, hundreds of lives. Each with it's own life and history, each it's own story, he kept them alive. Even if only in his heart. Seasons and generations would come and go, but they would live on - so long as he himself lived.

The cub thought of that often - what would happen to him, to the memories and his role once he moved from this life to the next. Sometimes it scared him, others it brough him peace. And every once in a great while he even conceeded that maybe he should just let things play out as they will and stop living his life as a meshing of past and present. His dreams - waking or sleeping - often held all of these conflicts, these burdens, these honors. Not tonight though. Even if in the back of his mind he worried about things his dreams let him have a chance to rest. He would need it. And perhaps somehow, on some level he knew that. So it was then the sound of Malaika's voice, not his unrestful dreams, that woke him. With a large yawn and small roar he blinked his eyes and nodded to Malaika and then looked over to Kovujin and smiled. Each of us at some point will face the last few steps of our journey by ourselves. For now it was nice to have someone alongside to make that journey more joyfull.

"Sounds good to me. I'm ready!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin walked up to Simbaji wasting no time at all to ask, "Have a good sleep?" Kovujin asked, "I didn't, was to cold if you ask me" kovujin laughed, he sat beside simbaji for a while until Malaika would give the order to move out, he didn't know when he would but having a nice conversation every now and then was good too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba was in the middle of stretching when Kovujin asked him about his sleep. Really quick he took a moment to fully arch his hind legs and lean out on his front ones before sitting and shaking the dust of sleep off of him. Smiling still he nodded.

"Yeah, I think so. Don't really remember what I was dreaming about but I think that helped me sleep better."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Titus ears perked as his head wen't up "does it seem a little quiet" listen for a sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by simbaji
    simba was in the middle of stretching when Kovujin asked him about his sleep. Really quick he took a moment to fully arch his hind legs and lean out on his front ones before sitting and shaking the dust of sleep off of him. Smiling still he nodded.

"Yeah, I think so. Don't really remember what I was dreaming about but I think that helped me sleep better."
    "Thats good that you got some sleep, get ya ready for the big day today, if theres anything planned or in store, God knows what Malaika is thinking about doing next, hes so cool" Kovujin smiled looking at Malaika,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Titus
    Titus ears perked as his head wen't up "does it seem a little quiet" listen for a sound.
    Mizani lifted her head up.

Titus was right. It seemed unsually quiet.

"I wonder if theres danger around" She asked Titus, looking out for any signs of threat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika shook out his mane and turned to leave. With out ooking back at the cub he spoke alarmingly.

"Stay close and follow me I beleive we may encounter one of the rouges this time."

With that he slowly padded out of the ruins and back into the southern jungle.