Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey (cont. from second journey)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "In order that we get there sooner i will carry you and run. We will cover more ground that way."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba sighed. He hated feeling like he held others up just cause he was smaller than them. Afterall, he'd proven himself able in many other circumstances. He knew though that Malaika wanted to make as much headway as possible.

"Ok, but just for a little bit."

The thought of being carried by the nape of his neck for great distances didn't thrill him. Just because it didn't hurt immensly didn't mean that it didn't feel uncomfortable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Titus
    panting hard then Mizani Titus was surprised that he brought the wildebeast down"I guess so" laughs with her"well let's eat"
    Mizani grinned and sunk her teeth into the carcass.

The flesh tasted juicy, and she remembered her first hunt as the Wildebeasts sweet blood dribbled down her chin.

Mizani lifted her head.

"Great catch Titus" She smiled, enjoying the feast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Titus lifted his haed with blood dribbling down his chin.

"thanks took me a while to bring it down though non like the antalope i hunted the other day that was first time that happened to me personaly." he smiled back and gets back to eating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika grabbed simba by the scruff of the neck and proceeded to race of into the distance. He knew full well they could at least make it a quarter of the way there by nightfall and they wouldn't stopp till the moon was little more than halfway into the night sky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba could do little more than hang in Malaika's maw as they traveled. It had been a long time since he had been carried like this. And he wished he could remember when it was his mom that had held him like this, not some stranger met later in his life. It wasn't that he really thought of Malaika as a stranger or was spiteful or regretful of having met the older lion, it was just that now, at times like this, he really missed his family - his true family.

So little was given for him to remember and none of it by his own will. The family that had raised him, the father that had sired him, the mother that cared and watched over - they were all gone. It saddened him that almost an even half of what memory he had recalled through flashbacks were good and bad. It made it hard when he was desperate to recall anything of the family he had come from and was left even to try and draw comfort from the sight of watching his own mother and father slayed before his eyes.

There were good times too, though - he had to remind himself. Playing in the fields with his brother and sister, his dad taking time to talk with him and watch the sunsets. Such a beautiful life and yet someone saw fit to take it away - to steal something that did nothing more than shine as a model of hope for what any pride or family could hope for. There would come a day when he would find his own answers. Even as Malaika journeyed to seek his own, the cub was always wondering when and where the next clue to his own past might be and where it would take him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Titus
    Titus lifted his haed with blood dribbling down his chin.

"thanks took me a while to bring it down though non like the antalope i hunted the other day that was first time that happened to me personaly." he smiled back and gets back to eating.
    Mizani turned around to see if Karifu was coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was getting close to late afternoon when Malaika had to let simba down so he could breath. He couldn't seem to get enough air through his noe and so let simba down so he could pant and take in the nice air through his muzzle.

"Have I told you the story about my family? As to how they ended up in the heartlands? or that they were originaly from another pride?"

Malaika couldn't help but ask the cub since he couldn't remeber whom he told what. He kept losing bits and peices of his memory. It was a thiing he hated. he knew what it was like to lose his memory after the battle that nearly claimed his life. but also it helped to cleans himself of the evil that had corrupted him. yet some how he just accepted that he was getting older and starting to lose small bits and peices of his memory anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Name: Kovujin
    Species:Lion
    Pride: No known pride, Wonders around byself looking for a place to stay
    Color of Fur:
    Main Body Color: Black
    Muzzle Paws and tail fur: Golden Yellow
    Eye Color: Green
    History: Has no history, He can't remember anything of his past.
    Information about him: He likes to help out anyone he can.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OOC: before I continue on with this role play i would just like to take a moment to inform all who read this and wish to post that this has nothing whatsoever to do with TLK. We enjoy having others around to join in this story that will actually be writen as an actual book. I will explain the story so far for others. Malaika followed simba from the mizaati pridelands into another land filled with many ther animals he had never met and while dreaming one night malaika receives a message that he needs to return to his homeland to learn the secret of his family. along the way they had encountered many new friends but as time moved on Malaika and simba grew restless and wanted to get moving while everyone else was off hunting for food. The pair stubbled over a dead human who happened to have been part of a tride that had known the ways of the ancients and could speak to animals. Though the tribe had dissapeared. They had protected the valley pride, Malaika's family roots. there is much there that is missing but can be filled in and in greater detail when the time comes. but now Malaika and simba are off towards mt. kilimanjaro where Malaika's knew his home once was. I will be posting soon and hope we can get more characters involved especially the ones for the rouges who hate Malaika. if you would like to know why they hate Malaika please contact me through im on the board. thakns for takig the time to read this i sure appreiciate the time and effort every one places into their characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((Ah okay i'll keep that in mind the next time i post, I was wondering too what was going on hehe..Thanks))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin looked across the lands and saw Two Lions, A Cub, And an older one. He decided to go meet these two. He ran up to the two lions and greeted both, "Hello my name is Kovujin. What brings you two here?"

all magic comes with a price Opera Ghost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mizani
    Mizani turned around to see if Karifu was coming.
    Karifu:hey whats the matter???!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((Hello! Where do I post Nela's description? I'd love to play...^^ Also, can someone fill me in on what's going on...?))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((Just post your characters description right here hehe, and for whats going on go to the Page before this and read what malaika said.))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ooc: what Kovukin said is cool : ) also, if you set you display to show all posts ever for this forum there is a topic for character descriptions : ) nice to have you aboard, both of you : )

bic:

simba's neck was sore. He'd lost track of how many times he'd been bounced this way and that, swung one way or the other as Malaika carried him by the scruff of his neck in the older lion's maw as they traveled. He couldn't thank the stars enough that Malaika decided to take a break!

The cub tried to massage the back of his neck with his paw but to little avail. Lion's just weren't meant to be able to do things as easily as other species. Of course there were advantages that his species had as well. simba decided to try and groom himself instead, lapping his fur back into place as best he could from the dissheveling journey.

It had been minutes or perhaps a half hour more after they had stopped that he heard something. His ears perked and swivelled, followed quickly by the rest of his head - his eyes trainning on... another cub? He'd seen more and more cubs during the last little while than normal. Of course he'd nearly given up hope of trying to regain his own sense of youth. Fate seemed intent on him being stuck in a world he didn't belong. Still he smiled and was happy in any regard at seeing another.

"Hi! My name's simbaji or simba if you prefer. We're on a journey. How about you?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Hi Simbaji! My names Kovujin, I got lost from my Pride.. I'm trying to find someone who i could travel with. I can run pretty fast i'm sure i can keep up with you two if you wouldnt mind?"

((OOC: Geesh Simbaji your posts are long hehe))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika looked back at the newcomer and sighed loking up at the now mid evening sky. He would of course take the time to allow the cub to follow and hopefully return him to his own pride. yet he also didn't want to waste anymore time. He needed to know what was so important about his on family that his father had to visit him one last time.

"are you sure you can keep up? I can only carry one at a time. lest one of you wants to ride on my back."

Malaika felt he had been a little two harsh in his words to the young one. then he thought about the direction he was traveling and which way the cubs pride was. Then it dawned on him that once the pride realized that they had lost there little one that they might do anything in their power to find him even if it ment killing them. The more he thought the more he wanted to just get out of there and take simba with him. He was really starting to worry about the whole situation but he calmed hiself down and tried to take it in stride. He introduced himself quickly to the cub then turned to look for some place that he could hide if anyone did come looking for the child.

"Before I forget my name is Malaika."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Hello Malaika, Well now that you consider it.. hehe I don't think i can run quite as fast as you" Kovujin looked Malaika up and down seeing muscles everywhere on his body... "If you wouldnt mind i would ride on your back?" Feeling bad about still being a cub and not being able to run as fast as this lion could.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: Kovujin thinks that his Pride Purposely left him, His Mother and Father died in a war. so there was no use for him anymore))