Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey (cont. from second journey)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin walked over with Malaika he looked back noticing a lion was following them, he didn't know if Malaika knew about him or not

He whispered quietly "Malaika, do you know the Lion following us..?" Kovujin asked.
    He took a quick glance back at the Lion. Then back at Malaika to wait for the Wise Lion's words.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He slowly nodded. He hated trials and such. He shook his head a bit as he fluffed his mock-mane out.

" All right. I'll prove myself."

It was enough that he had bumped into a female, but now having ran into these others, well he was surely stuck in it. He just raised a brow, watching the lion protect one cub more than the others. There was probably something about him, no doubt. He wouldn't press his luck though. Merely, he'd follow.
    *art*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika let simba walk beside him with Kovujin and informed him of what had happened.

"His name is Murok. A hunter from the south. He will be traveling with us. Though I don't trust him. I also couldn't just let him go since he knows where we are headed."

Malaika looked sideways at simba.

"What do you sence in him simba?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ooc: (blinks) meep! sorry about that. i wasn't getting any emails saying anyone had replied again. and duh, me wondering if things had stalled (fwaps self).

bic:
    simba had nodded his head, letting Malaika knew he too was ready. Then a rustle and commotion. He stayed behind with Kovujin and Kijana as Malaika went to see what the matter was. While the older lion was out he looked back to Kijana and saw him deep in thought. He'd seen that look before. Not really as it came from himself, but he imagined that when he got into his own reflective or otherelse moods that he looked somewhat similar. He pawed a little at Kovujin with a smile then went over to his Kijana and nuzzled into him. With a quiet voice he spoke to him, asking of things that were on his mind and hoping to be able to share some of his own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kijana had watched Malaika become enveloped in even deeper shadows and had turned his attention back to the cubs for the moment. A deep emerald gaze deep in reflective thought rested upon them for several heartbeats before it was turned towards the shadows beyond. It had been a long time since he had sat with cubs to the point of practically forgetting what it was like. An experience he wasn't too sure he wanted to repeat. However, there were a few exceptions to this and one of them being present at the moment.

Another thoughtful glance resulted in a whispered sigh as his gaze drifted from one young lion to the other before finally returning into deep, reflective thought. He was entertaining the idea of disappearing into the shadows himself and once more vanishing from sight. It was something he had a habit of doing now and then which resulted in him being gone for long periods of time. His increasingly morose mood was disrputed, however, by a certain rambunctious cub.

"Ah," he said with a hint of a smile in response to Simbaji. "Just lots of things on my mind. The usual for me." He really wasn't sure what all to say, but he certainly didn't want to tell about a feeling that had risen up within him.The decisions he was coming to and the action he was considering putting into motion. But then he just gave hishead a shake, dispelling those thoughts. He was now feeling that this was a rather bad habit to be having, for his disappearances had been a way for him to distance himself from others.

In the end, it was solitude he craved, and perhaps the life of a rogue suited him best. But not now. Not when he had crossed paths with an old friend. And perhaps this time he could do things just a bit differently.

"When we have time to really relax, maybe I'll tell you a story or two," he said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovujin smiled at Simba when he was pawing at him, he watched as he walked over and nuzzled the Older Lion Kijana, He must have really known him a lot back from where ever he came from. Kovujin sat down looking up at the Sky wondering whether or not he'll ever get to see his parents again, Then the thought of running away from Simba, Malaika and Kijana crossed his mind. If he ran away then he could spend his life searching for his Parents, But if he stayed here he would be able to stay with his two best friends and the lion he didn't really know about. He had some good times with Malaika and Simba, well not many but he loved the stories that Malaika told, and learning more about the two was very fun to Kovujin, He loved to help them out as much as he could, but being a cub. The things he could do was limited, But still he could help in every possible way that was needed. He hadnt done anything yet to help Malaika or Simba, but when the time was right, he was sure he would be needed. Kovujin overheard what Kijana said, He didn't want to but in so he kept to himself.

Wonder if he'll let me hear the story, Sounds like fun to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OOC: OMG! I am sooo sorry that I haven't been keep up. I literally forgot about being in this thread. I will Reply ASAP. Good RP do far everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ooc: you're not the only one who gets behind (grins). I think a whole page went by without me realizing it. Don't worry, we're all here and keeping in as we're able : )

bic:

"I can't wait!"

simba smiled as Kijana spoke of the chance to hear more later. Despite the current situation with Malaika investigating yet another presence finding itself close enough to consider a potential danger he had to smile. Few things could be better. For even in the most dire of circumstances he could look around him and see that not only was he out doing one of his favorite things - exploring - he had also found a new friend - Kovujin. And not only that, but everything was made even better by coming across Kijana once more.

The only thing he felt bad for was the fact that he couldn't easily take time to focus on any one of them as much as he'd like. Being with a group of friends was always fun in it's own right, but he also felt he could connect better one on one in many circumstances; that is when he wasn't causing trouble. To be fair he'd probably mellowed out over time, but that was most likely an inevitable outcome with taking on so many responsibilities. He'd have to work on that then. There was an indomitable spirit in him and he wasn't about to let the world of grown-ups excuse it from his life.

He was about to start bounding back and forth between Kijana and Kovujin when he remembered that, even for the much enjoyed reunion and such, that they were still in a precarious situation. Just because he was feeling playful it didn't preempt his knowing that they were in dangerous times and places. As such he smiply smiled up at Kijana then padded to gently nip at his tail tuft then sat back between him and Kovujin, wondering too if things were alright with Malaika and what lay in store as they continued their journey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Murok followed in near perfect silence, no real emotions upon his face. He guessed he didn't have much of a choice in following the crew of felines, the larger male demanded it in less words. Bright redorange eyes remained upon nothing in particular, hopping from grass strand to grass strand as they passed. A gentle sigh managed to escape his lips. No one spoke to him, but that was expected.

His light paws pressed into the ground, catching dirt upon them quite easily. He knew he'd have to spend forever grooming once they got to a spot where they'd stop. It didn't seem like that would happen though, not with the way that the larger male had spoken. It suddenly became apparent that they were all males. He found that quite.. amusing for whatever reason. He let his mind wander back to the only female he'd seen in his approach, that lioness that'd bumped into him quite rudely.

He almost wished she was with them, only for conversational needs.
    *art*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Azaria wasn't much of a "fast" lioness. She found herself trailing off, her mind on other things. When she stopped herself from looking at this odd shape clump of dirt on the ground, she raised her head up to realize everyone was gone! She raised a brow and sniffed the air, still taking in the scent that lingered of the lion she bumped into

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!! He left without accepting my apology!!

She said as she ran in the direction of his scent. She lifted her nose in the air, inhaling deeply. she didn't mind his scent...it was pretty nice for a male. this type of behavior for her was odd for she mostly didn't like being around others of her species, but she had noticed at that moment that being an adventurer alone wasn't that fun anymore. She actually missed the company of someone being there with her, although she really wouldnt know what that was totally like.

With a sigh, she finally saw the ones from earlier in the distance. She quickened her pace and leapt through the air, pouncing Murok and sending them both rolling forward. She was now on top of him, pinning him to the ground with the largest smile on her muzzle and a brilliant sparkle in her beautiful eyes.

You never accepted my apology....

She said, not caring if the others heard or not. She raised a brow at him and then realized the others were around and probably wondering if she was attacking him. she chuckled, not letting him up though

not caution, please. I am not hurting him...only a playful nature between friends!!

OOC: WOW! she is crazy. LMAO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika just scoffed and went about marching onward. As long at it wasn't him that was pounced it was fine. It would be the animal's last mistake.then again he had made the same mistake himself once. He looked down at simba and shivered. though he still waited an answer it was still a terifying thought that he had nearly killed the young cub so long ago. It still hurt to think of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    " Whoa! HEY!"

He found himself spiraling only to land square on his back, eyes wide as he panted. He furrowed his brows deeply and raised his paws to push at her chest roughly. He finally managed to free himself after she spoke of him not accepting her appology and them being friends??

" Friends? You're crazy, lioness. I don't even know who you are! How could we be friends? And what business do you have throwing me around like that? Which, by the way, was only because you caught me off guard. "

He pressed his face close to hers, looking her sharply in the eyes, those bright blues reflecting a spark of something foriegn to even himself in his orange orbs. He snorted rudely in her face, perhaps even kicking up dirt with the expulsion of air so suddenly.

" Now shut your yap. We're trying not to get caught, okay? "

He paused, looking to Malaika who was continuing onward. He shook his head and pressed past the lioness, only sparing a glance back with quiet words to follow.

" If you can be of some use to us, and if you can shut up, then you can follow. We don't need anyone drawing attention to us though."

At that, he turned back towards the others and continued onwards.
    *art*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    She raised a brow at him and chuckled softly as he spoke of her catching him off guard. She thought of back when she had ran into him and just looked to him with a grin

Well, it seems easy to catch you off guard. i seem to have done it more than once.

She said sarcastically, but playfully at the same time. She giggled lightly and let him up, looking him square in the eye as he snorted rudely in her face. She raised her brow once more, wondering if this was the beginning of a bright new friendship.

Yeah yeah...well, I don't know what you guys are up to, but i want in. i haven't anything else better to do.

She said quietly, not caring about the other lions that were around at the moment. She licked a piece of mahogany fur back into place and smirked at him, following behind them as he left to catch up with them

I am Azaria...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika glared back with a scowl.

"If you don't keep it down you won't be. We're on the very edge of my failies lands now and we must keep quiet."

It had been almost 3 days since they had left yet they where only on the very edges of the lands. It would still take them another day or so before they reached their destination. They would have to travel by night from here on in. It was still early in the morning before the sun rose. Soon they would all have to seek shelter somewhere. Surely the hunter and everone else could hide there scent in this kind of situation. Still someone would have to keep point and watch for anyone.

Malaika could see the suns rays breaking the edge of the horizon and knew they should stop soon.

"We shall rest here tilll evening. The sun is coming up and we are going to travel only at night. We need some one to keep watch for the first quarter of the day then some one will releive you. If you have any problems take them up with me and I'll remedy it the best way posible."

To Malaika that could mean killing them on the spot but he would have to find a better solution than that so as not to upset anyone.

"Kijana you have first watch. I'll releive you then it will be Mukus' turn."

Malaika knew the hunters name he just wanted to get the hunters reaction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: MURF!! It never told me people were posting Sorry!)
    Kovujin smirked at the lion and lioness, he didn't know her but she knew him, how wierd. They almost acted like cubs, He looked back at Malaika,

"Yeah you guys, Please keep it down we don't want to get caught out here.." Kovujin said with a shiver.

Malaika and Simba sure did know a lot of people for them to be traveling alone, Maybe they had met them in the Prides that Malaika had told stories to or something of the sort.[/i]

"Okay I'll just.. Lay down right here, Do you need me to do anything for you Malaika?" Kovujin asked,

he wanted to at least help the Lion for taking him in and letting him be with him, and especially since the Lion took him in and he was already having a lot to carry around and so many burdens. He then thought, He never thanked the Lion for letting him be with him.

"Hey Malaika.. Thanks for letting me travel with you, Really means a lot to me." Kovujin said with a grin appearing on his face. He then laid down on the ground and curled up, "Wake me up when we are about to leave." Kovujin said with a yawn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh this lioness was getting him in trouble! He wasn't trying to make noise, only stiffle her noise. She introduced herself, however he refused to answer and merely followed Malaika and the others. He grumbled quietly to himself, near whispering. When he was told that they were resting, he just nodded.

" All right. Wake me when it's my turn."

He said his words quietly and turned to Azaria. He shot her a glare and then padded off a foot or two from the grouping to lay down, resting his head against a rock.

" And you. Let me sleep."

He had spat the words out, directed towards Azaria. Murok was a very single minded fellow at times. Right now he had a duty to perform later, so he needed rest. How would he ever 'prove' himself to these lions if Azaria messed it up?
    *art*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika didn't know how to react to Kovujin. He had never truely been around cubs like him before. He had seen Mufasa's and Sarabies cubs back in the Mizaati Mara but they were still pretty young.

Malaika just curled up near-by still awake enough to notice anything suspicious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    She looked up at the others and tilted her head thoughtfully to the side. She hadn't made THAT much noise has she? Oh well if she did. she didn't understand why they were being so sneaky anyway. She scoffed silently and then continued to follow until Malaika stopped and told them that they were resting here.

good....

She said quietly, nodding towards the lion, who obviously didn't like her. she pawed at the mahogany fur at her ribs and then looked around for a moment, trying to see where she was going to sleep until her shift. she gazed around with crystal blue eyes, which glittered mysteriously and then started to pad off to a nice patch of tall, thick grass right next to a large rock.

But as she headed that way, she noticed Murok shooting her an evil glare, indicating that he disliked her more than Malaika did. She raised a brow. she needed to learn her social skills obviously. She has never been so disliked, although, she hasn't been around others that often either since she has been traveling.

With a soft sigh, she stuck her tongue out at Murok and then walked over to her spot in the grass, settling down in it. she stretched out her paws and then began to lick her fur to try and clean herself up a bit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kijana flicked his emerald gaze from one individual to the next, somewhat uneasy at the size of the group. He hadn't been around this many in years and it was something he was no longer used to. For the past few months he had the company of one, and sometimes two, others. And he had to admit that wandering about with no specific place to call home had its appeal. However, there were also the drawbacks, but that was the case with pretty much anything in life, wasn't it? Pros and cons...

Sometimes he felt he was a little bit unusual for a lion. The alluring embrace of solitude had seduced him away from the few friendships he had held. He had felt himself growing ever distant from those around him with only a few meager tendrils to connect him to others. And this current circumstance was rapidly growing into something not of his liking.

He looked to Malaika after they had paused in their journey to rest for a few hours and gave a nod of acknowledgement. So he moved off a few paces and took up his position as sentry for the first shift, focusing all his senses on the area 'round about the group. Now this group had grown into quite a menagerie, hadn't it? No, not much to his liking at all, but he might as well help out since he crossed paths with him. And there was also Simbaji to consider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Murok had fallen into slumber somewhat quickly. He hadn't thought much about what was going on, there was too much happening for him to be concerned with at the moment. His dreams were filled with absolutely nohting, for this time he slept and enjoyed the silence that it brought him. Too many other lions around when he was awake, they seemed to further point out to him the flaws of his parents. Why did his father have to be a tiger? He rolled over onto his back in his sleep and just rest there, head agianst that rock still.
    *art*