Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: who here plays in second life?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok I am just a n00b on this game but it's ok looking.
    Thanks to Ghalanti for the refferance. yaaay

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    For anyone who decides to join, my name on there is VidanT Fluffball, so give me an IM in game and I'll transport you or give you a visit. I've been on there quite a bit lately.

We should probably create a Lea group in there for easy reference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm "Charles Fauna", feel free to drop me an IM anytime (Though I've been working almost constantly lately, so I'm usually not on until 11PM Central time and later).

I'll throw down the L$ for a group if everyone here gives me their name so I can invite you all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Roquivo
    Hate to say it, but the fact that they require billing information without wanting to make money is only costing them tons of potential members. Seems kind of unfair to me. It's like telling somebody that they have to have so much money to get into a bar, yet not charge for drinks or anything.

Honestly, it sounds more like a way of keeping underpriviledged people out...
    Man Galathi said why they ask for the credit card number lol, so forget all those stories you have in your head, and the other thing is because you need to be more than 18 to play the game, and if you have an account is because somebody else lend you a credit card to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I dont have a PayPal account and i'm not sure if my card works as credit card, and im being unsure because I dont like giving out that kind of information :E

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm..I have a card that is like a credit card but not one and Im 17. Cool thing is its prepaid..so if they want to charge money they cant, but i can still pretend Im 18 :P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    he is almost positive that it could be somewhat dodgy
    So basically that means he has a bad feeling about it. xD Wish you could come, but the game does suck up a lot of time that you could be spending just chatting with people on your existing chat clients, so it's not all bad. *hugs*

Inuchance, I did get your IM. Hope to see you on the game soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is now soon enough? (Is logged into SL right now, though it looks like you're not)

Also, i see that you set your userpic to a snapshot of your avatar inside SL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This game looks cool, but I don't think it'll get along with my dial-up connection..

And please don't talk about credit cards...I owe almost $1800 on mine...But it was all worth it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    You still have to put your billing info. It won't charge you anything, it's just for verification.
    Ah, I see. Okay, well, thankfully my dad has Paypal XD

EDIT:
    ALLELUIA!

I explained to my dad everything and he agreed!

I'm Raven Rolland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm on, muh name's Shatara Seifert.

It should be noted, however, my machine BARELY meets the system requirements. Hence, it often takes 30 seconds+ to load a new area. Keep that in mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It looks good but i can't be arsed filling in all the credit card details and what not - if your not paying for it, then they don't need your details!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This game looks so cool, a friend of mine joined and showed it to me a few days ago. I have to agree with roq, though. I don't have a credit card or paypal, nor does anyone in my family. It's not right to limit it to only those with such things, the game looks so awesome and it depresses me that I can't join in the fun for the simple fact that I don't own or have access to a credit card. They really are loosing out on quite a lot of players this way, not everyone owns these types of things, people seem to forget that. :vitgrr:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For those who think the credit card requirement shouldnt be there:

Probably the largest, most prevalant thing throught all of SL is ECONOMY. There are a lot of things one can do with their L$, and lots of ways to make them too.

One thing that is extremely important to note, is L$ can be exchanged for REAL CURRENCY. That's right. Dollars, Euros, Rubles, Shaboozies, whatever you use, you can make them from SL.

Now with that in mind, it goes to say that without solid finacial verifacation, one could register a bunch of free accounts to harvest their cash, and maybe do less-than-scrupulous things with relative anonymity.

There's a bunch of other reasons to.

Also, if you dont have a credit card (or even a debit card, most of which can be used as credit)...how do you pay for things? o.O

I mean, I know there was life before electronic banking, but still...you have the internet...but not a bank account? *confused*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I use cash for pretty much everything I get, I rarely shop online unless it's for something really rare and hard to find. For example, I won a tlk tshirt on ebay just a few weeks ago, it was just good for me that the seller accepted other ways of payment, so many people limit it to credit cards and/or paypal anymore.

As for the game, thats understandable, although there may be other ways to keep people from making multiple accounts too. Perhaps they'll figure something to make it more open out so that everyone can play it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know that a good amount of banks have free checking account, which includes a free debit card. I've got one of these types of accounts, and a debit card works fine for age verification here.

I'm one of the kinds of people who use my debit card for pretty much everything, though. I rarely have any actual cash on me unless I know that I'll be going somewhere that doesn't accept debit (and, living pretty much right inside Chicago, increasingly few places don't). Mostly though, it's just because I don't like carrying change around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I WANT TO JOIN !!!
    I've just uninstalled, I didn't really like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hehe, I downloaded Second Life and chose Vidan as the referrer. Name is Zala Soothsayer. Let me figure out how the game works..hmm..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lol, my dad also said that he has researched a lot into this game and read many reviews, and basically most people say it's a game in which you can have sex with other people amongst other 'dirty' things... I WANT TO JOIN !!!
    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL *saves it as one of the bests replyes of the year.*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hehehe. Well, when we get internet back at home, I'll be playing Second Life ^^. Fuzzy has a WHOLE bunch of gift certificates, which are worth $9.95 real money. You can use them to pay for 1 month of a premium account or you can use it for the one time fee $9.95 account.

Unfortunately, even with a certificate, you still need a credit card. Just ask here if you want a certificate, we SHOULD be getting internet back today. *hopes*

Anyway, this might be my last post for a while, I'm at school using there 'puters ater school ^^. Computer club.
    Endra - Formerly Aziri & Ghalati