Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Religion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by StalkingWolf
    your crazy!!!! please tell me you are just joking and that you know what a womb is?????
    ...Come on....am I known for joking around?.....Now tell me how babies are made!.....

I like to believe that we come from Baby Seeds that we plant in the ground.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well......I think your just acting as a dumb 20 yr old but i'll explain for fun A womb is the mother's stomach, in which the baby develops inside and then the baby is born, after nine months of course, its as simple as that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ....How Dare You Call Me 20 Years Old!!!.....I maybe 20 years old physically.. ......But I act 8 years old....don't make me grow up....I don't wanna grow up!...I'm a Toys'R'Us Kid!....I want my Mommy!.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thats for sure, there is a lot of things you could learn about the christian religion, many things that you would have never thought of, that make a lot of sense! Anyway, I am outta here, I need some shut-eye! see ya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thats for sure, there is a lot of things you could learn about the christian religion, many things that you would have never thought of, that make a lot of sense! Anyway, I am outta here, I need some shut-eye! see ya
    I don't wanna learn anymore....four years of religious classes are enough..........the Bible is a pretty interesting read, though........I want to read the Quran, next.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you can never get enough knowledge of the Bible!!!! You could study it for a lifetime and not even get everything out of it that is there!It is the most important book in the world! More copies of the Bible have been sold then any other book in the world!!!!And what is the Quran?????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you can never get enough knowledge of the Bible!!!! You could study it for a lifetime and not even get everything out of it that is there!It is the most important book in the world! More copies of the Bible have been sold then any other book in the world!!!!And what is the Quran?????
    Quran is a... Islam version of bible...

we muslim call it Quran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That is probably true. I don't care too much for the Old Testament, but the first four books of the New Testament I feel everyone can learn from no matter what they believe in; Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Gandhi had the same feeling of the Bible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    I'll look into the Buddhism thing, it's just I was talking with a Professor (forgot what University he teaches at) and he was explaining to me that Buddhism isn't technically a religion.
    IMHO, Buddhism is more of a philosophy than a religion, like Confusianism and Taoism. Much like a way of life, with more advice and practices instead of rules or regulations. Just what i think.
    Maybe it's also because Siddhartha Gautama(sp?) was the founder of the religion, and he's human, not a supernatural being.

Originally posted by lion_roog
    Born again?....does that mean you have two birthdays now?.....
    I was born again through Kovuism.
    But i forgot which date it was.
    Or maybe i'm still undergoing rebirth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I believe I'm a Supernatural Being...can I create my own religion.........Then sell it for profit....

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am a born-again christian, but I am curious.... I find it quite interesting how many of you say you are mormon, or roman catholic, or etc. in otherwords christian, which blows my mind, because a christian is different then a roman catholic or a mormon, or even several other religions that people categorize a christian as!!!!
    Am I correct in my interpretation...that you just said that Roman Catholics, Mormons, etc are different from Christians?

The last time I checked, Roman Catholicism was a branch of Christianity.
    I?m not sure about the others?I haven?t studied them in great detail as of yet...they're on my to-do list.

The definition of what "Christian" is highly subjective, of course. I define the term "Christian" down to it's most basic element...a "Christian" is basically anyone who follows the teachings of Christ, no matter what church they may or may not be a part of.
    That doesn?t mean that everyone who claims to be a follower of Christ is a ?Christian? however?in my book, if you only talk the talk but don?t walk the walk, you?re just insulting the religion you claim to follow (same goes for any religion, Christian or not).

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Correct, Wicked. The Catholic church is the original Christian denomination and over history groups have broken off from it, for various reasons and disagreements with the Church, and formed their own churches. There are even over 20 denominations of Catholic, the two biggest being Roman and Byzantine Catholics.

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    AHA! I knew that something must have leaked into my brain during all of those Theology classes I snoozed through.
    I is an academonic sponge!

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You are right Wicked, forgive me I phrased that wrong! Yes, a loose term for "christianity" is characterized as those(anyone) who follow the teachings of Christ, what I was thinking and what I wrote were not the same thing, then again it was 2 in the morn. A true christian though is one who "professes" Christ as there saviour and then "follows" him! Many will say one thing and then do another though, like you said talk the talk, but not walk the walk, that is categorized as the everyday world view christian! (the loose term "christianity")

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And then there was Protestantism that broke off Catholicism because of something to do with the Church spending money or something. And branching off Protestatism was Presbytarianism and Puritanism.. . I'm just reading off a book...:P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by nafklt
    And then there was Protestantism that broke off Catholicism because of something to do with the Church spending money or something. And branching off Protestatism was Presbytarianism and Puritanism.. . I'm just reading off a book...:P
    Yeah... Christianity has a crazy history... yay for Martin Luther! and John Calvin too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    :P And Orthodox...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A true christian though is one who "professes" Christ as there saviour and then "follows" him!
    Ah, I see what you're talking about now. I have not met anyone who could call themself a true Christian, except for priests. I can't call myself a true Christian. Not that many people are willing to give up worldly possessions to follow Christ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well question, if your a christian and you have been saved and accepted Christ as your saviour and you will be going to heaven someday, what is the difference then giving up your wordly possessions now, because you don't get to take them with you to heaven anyway, possessions last only for a little time, but treasures that you have in heaven last for an eternity, (but those have to be earned or gained!!!!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    good point there SW