Thread: What's Your Religion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a Lutheran, therefore a Christian.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by A-non-a-mus
    christianity isn't either.... it's a faith... not a religion....
    No, it's a religion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Religion... If it's real, good. If it's not, at least it keeps people honest...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am a non-denominational Christian, though I believe pretty much what a Pentecostal Christian would, I don't believe in any by-laws though (laws that the chrurch, not the Bible, makes up). I believe in following the Bible itself instead of what the modern church says. Albeit that the bible was written by men, I believe it was divinely inspired. ^^

It's interesting hearing about all of your religions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by CheshireCat
    Christian.

Roman Catholic.
    You're a
    Personal
    Jesus...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I checked on yahoo dictionary thing and found what the word 'religion' actually means.

a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
    b. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
    2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
    3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
    4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

You be the judge of it. But to me personally, Christianity (all denominations) and Buddhism both fit into that category ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm an atheist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    w00t!! Welcome back Ravoc!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Christian all the way , even rededicated my life to Jesus Christ during revival at my church last week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by A-non-a-mus
    christianity isn't either.... it's a faith... not a religion....
    Christianity shares the characteristics that define religion.

You be the judge of it. But to me personally, Christianity (all denominations) and Buddhism both fit into that category ^^
    I'll look into the Buddhism thing, it's just I was talking with a Professor (forgot what University he teaches at) and he was explaining to me that Buddhism isn't technically a religion. He wasn't trying to take anything from Buddhism or anything. I forgot most of what he told me (it was about 5 years ago) and I don't want to try to explain what I remember without making sure I explain it truthfully and accurately..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    Christianity shares the characteristics that define religion.

I'll look into the Buddhism thing, it's just I was talking with a Professor (forgot what University he teaches at) and he was explaining to me that Buddhism isn't technically a religion. He wasn't trying to take anything from Buddhism or anything. I forgot most of what he told me (it was about 5 years ago) and I don't want to try to explain what I remember without making sure I explain it truthfully and accurately..
    Maybe that guy didn't want to believe that any other religion existed except for his own... There are a lot of people like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am a born-again christian, but I am curious.... I find it quite interesting how many of you say you are mormon, or roman catholic, or etc. in otherwords christian, which blows my mind, because a christian is different then a roman catholic or a mormon, or even several other religions that people categorize a christian as!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by nafklt
    Maybe that guy didn't want to believe that any other religion existed except for his own... There are a lot of people like that.
    Could be....the only reason it came up was because I said something about Buddhism being the third largest religion in the world with 1 billion people....but he told me that Buddhism only has about 400,000 members and then he started to explain how it's not actually a religion....he knew quite a bit about it since it was his field. But it's always good to find out for yourself and check other sources.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Born again?....does that mean you have two birthdays now?.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nafklt, I never left. Just been busy is all. But thank you still

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes kind of! born-again means you had to births, a physical birth, and a spiritual birth.....in other words, born from your mother's womb, and then born again through the washing and the regeneration of the Holy Spirit Titus 3:5... (salvation and faith through Jesus Christ) The Bible says in John 3:16..."For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wait, wait, wait....what's this about being born from your Mother's Womb???....We are delivered by storks....you parents need to have a talk with you..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you asked so i told you that is what i believe!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by StalkingWolf
    you asked so i told you that is what i believe!!!!
    I refuse to believe that I came from my Mother's womb....what is a womb?....but I am interested in this....how does this womb thing work?....what creates it?.....If I joined your religion....would I have to come from a womb, too?......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    your crazy!!!! please tell me you are just joking and that you know what a womb is?????