Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Religion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Rafiki '03
    Like stalking wolf said if your parents said dont take a cookie and you still did, that is a sin. Even if it is a tiny little sin it is considered just as bad as a big sin to God.
    So I guess stealing a cookie would be equal to that of stealing a life? Sinning is a product of the conscience, so I would believe the seriousness of the sin is also a product of the conscience. That is why I agree with the Catholic view of Venial and Mortal Sin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess I would agree with Roog... A cookie may cost a dollar or so, but what is the cost of a life? I wouldn't trade a child for a cookie nor a cookie for a child... it is unequal. I would not think that God views the cookie and the life as equal. Do cookies go to heaven? Will they char and melt in the Pilsbury Oven of hell?

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by nafklt
    Speakin' of brains, I heard they taste like Jello-O and wobbles like tofu. Anyone ever tried any?
    Can't say that I have...to my knowledge, the consumption of human parts here is still illegal.

Originally posted by Ravoc
    But don't accuse me of doing such, or anyone on this thread, of that, for no one has done so thus far that I know of.
    Um...thus far I don't believe I have accused anyone here of anything, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Originally posted by pntbll248
    I think she meant that her beliefs have been picked apart, cheapened, and formed into fads by society, the media, and other religions, not by anyone here
    You pretty much nailed on the head what I intended to say. Thanks!

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kintaru
    I don't believe that much really, that a sin is a sin. It's just my belief of course, but if God is so all knowing then God has to take things in context.

I just cannot except that God sets the same punishment for someone who steals food to feed his family and to the guy who killed his best friend for drug money.
    ok, here's the thing on that, now in the bible it says that Jesus wipes ALL sins away from those that accept him... ok?... he's also the only way into heaven.. with me so far?.. good..

now let's add apoint value to sins just for now

1 point = value of sins done

murder = 100 points
    steal cookie = 1 point
    grand theft = 50 points

now lets have three people.. person one kills three people and stole fourteen cookies and comitted one grand theft in the course of his life... person two kills four and steals one cookie in his life... person three only stole one cookie his whole life...

person one's total sin value: 364
    person two: 401
    person three: 1

there you have it... person two and on are evil arn't they... look at that score! :ew:

onto the rest... it says those who accept Jesus are wiped clean of sin.. in other words they now equil zero zip nada...

person one has accepted christ we'll say...

so now the score stands

1: 364 + Jesus = 0!
    2: 401
    3: 1

only two places to go.. heaven or hell... now add the fact that Jesus is the only way into heaven.... the rest go to hell...

therefore,

person one: 364 + Jesus = 0 = YAY! Into heaven he goes
    Person two: 401 ... into hell.. no Jesus, no heaven
    Person three: 1 .. nice person.. oh well ... no Jesus.. into hell with that person...

so what's the differance had I put the score sheet as:

murder = 1 point
    grand theft = 1 point
    steal cookie = 1 point

person one: 18
    persin two: 5
    person three: 1

differance?.. nope.. not at all... see the end result is the exact same..

Person one: 18 + Jesus = 0 = off to heaven
    Person two: 5 ... no Jesus.. off to hell
    Person three: 1 ... no Jesus... off to hell

see?... there IS NO worse hell for those with higher scores, there IS NO betterr heaven...

it's simply who has the 'pass' ... like a ticket booth the pass is Jesus...

you have a pass, go on through, yup, a pass go ahead, up you have no pass, either go get one or go to hell (literaly )

*whew,* do you all got that now?!?

it doesn't matter if your score is 1 or 1,000,000 ... if you have christ you have heaven, if not, off to hell...

like say your score is money, and you're going to the movies... the ticket guy doen't look at your wallet to go see the movie does he?!? NO! He needs to see your ticket... no ticket = no movie... see?

that's how God looks at sins... so you see, it makes NO differance if they have different values or all equil one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mathematical Christianity!

Great explanation, A-non.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Algebra of Christianity!

That'd be an interesting school subject.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that rocked A-non-a-mus , great job !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What about people who never have the opportunity to hear about Jesus A-non-a-mus? What if someone is raised to believe that killing and stealing are ok to do? Does God condem them for something that is not their fault? This is the reason I support missionary work, to give everyone an equal chance to hear about my religion. So they can at least hear it, and then decide whether they are willing to accept or reject it. After you die and are ressurected, I believe you will go to one of 4 places:
    Celestial Kingdom
    The highest of the three degrees or kingdoms of glory in heaven, where one is in the presence of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. The glory of the celestial kingdom is compared to the glory of the sun in the scriptures.
    Terrestrial Kingdom
    The middle degree or kingdom of the three degrees of glory in heaven. In the scriptures, the glory of the terrestrial kingdom is compared to the glory of the moon.
    Telestial Kingdom
    The lowest of the three degrees or kingdoms of glory in heaven. The scriptures compare the glory of the telestial kingdom to the glory of the stars
    Outer Darkness aka Hell
    The permanent habitation of Satan and those who follow him and who have knowingly rejected and denied the influence of righteousness, goodness, and God their Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.
    You will be judged and then you will be placed into one of these three kingdoms. I can't think of the exact requirements right now, but you can probably find them on www.lds.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Accepting Jesus has nothing to do with commiting sins. But that was fun to read, Anon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by TakaTiger
    Puh... religon... i hate Organized Religon (no offence to neone here)
    Non taken i'm a christian but i don't actually believe in any of it.
    anyway religon is the biggest cause of war.
    but my mums side of the family is scandinavian, italian, and germany.
    right back.
    But my dads side is all english i think...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by RAMMSTEIN

anyway religon is the biggest cause of war.
    I think Ignorance, Intolerance, and Greed are the biggest causes of war.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Muruwa
    What about people who never have the opportunity to hear about Jesus A-non-a-mus? What if someone is raised to believe that killing and stealing are ok to do? Does God condem them for something that is not their fault? This is the reason I support missionary work, to give everyone an equal chance to hear about my religion. So they can at least hear it, and then decide whether they are willing to accept or reject it. After you die and are ressurected, I believe you will go to one of 4 places:
    Celestial Kingdom
    The highest of the three degrees or kingdoms of glory in heaven, where one is in the presence of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. The glory of the celestial kingdom is compared to the glory of the sun in the scriptures.
    Terrestrial Kingdom
    The middle degree or kingdom of the three degrees of glory in heaven. In the scriptures, the glory of the terrestrial kingdom is compared to the glory of the moon.
    Telestial Kingdom
    The lowest of the three degrees or kingdoms of glory in heaven. The scriptures compare the glory of the telestial kingdom to the glory of the stars
    Outer Darkness aka Hell
    The permanent habitation of Satan and those who follow him and who have knowingly rejected and denied the influence of righteousness, goodness, and God their Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.
    You will be judged and then you will be placed into one of these three kingdoms. I can't think of the exact requirements right now, but you can probably find them on www.lds.org
    I belive we've already went over this part... ... but I'll say it again...

This part's a little unknown... but for the most part, if one were on one side of the door and someone knocked on the other side, who wouldn' hear that?... ... kind of like that picture above is showing.... everyone (even deaf) can hear, but it's all depends on who opens it... in other words, everyone will know... but again.. that's so far only speculation... cause, again it's unclear..

the many heavens thaing though... where doesit say that in the bible?... cause it speaks of only one from what I've ever heard, and that's the second Jerusalem... which is a cube 12,000 stadia (approx: 1,400 miles/ 2,200 kilometers) in lenth width and hight.. and it's walls are 144 cubits thick (approx. 200 feet/ 65 meters)

it never says anything to my knowledge of there being more than one of these... (the verses that go over this is Rev. 21: 16-21 )

it also state in Rev 21: 1 then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

so it does say there's going to be another, but this is AFTER the judgement... and note thet it says heaven as in only one..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Roman Catholic

but i have not been a good Roman Catholic since i don't go to church alot (more like last time i went to one was 2 years ago) but i still put my faith in god that forsure ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    I think Ignorance, Intolerance, and Greed are the biggest causes of war.
    That needed repeated

I completely agree.

Such a gloomy topic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by A-non-a-mus
    the many heavens thaing though... where doesit say that in the bible?
    John 14:2 "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."
    1 Corinthians 15:40-42 "There are also clelestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption."
    And finally (you probably won't take this one seriously) a vision given to Joseph Smith and Sydney Rigdon recorded in a book call the Doctrine and Covenants 76:70-71 "These are they whose bodies are celestial, whose glory is that of the sun, even the glory of God, the highest of all, whose glory the sun of the firmament is writtten of as being typical.
    And again, we saw the terrestrial world, and behold and lo, these are they who are of the terrestrial, whose glory differs from that of the church of the Firstborn who have received the fulness of the Father, even as that of the moon differs from the sun in the firmament."
    I am, by no means, and expert on this. I hope that is enough evidence for you to understand why I believe the way I do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a non-practicing Jew but we're sorta Baptist Christian too. It really makes no sense but we believe in God and stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    That needed repeated

I completely agree.

Such a gloomy topic
    I know....if only Flowers, Fluffy Puppies, and Candy Hearts were the main causes of war.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol

Well we do have huge massive bombs called "Daisy Cutters"...

But fluffy puppies

and candy hearts...

We have yet to find a military use for.