Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Religion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wise words SW, however, don't forget, be peaceful, aggression only leads to tears and resentment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am not being aggresive in anyway, just posting my belief and what the WORD OF GOD says about that, people can take it seriously or use it as something to think about, but I am not saying any of this to offend anyone whatsoever!!! The scriptures are God's words not mine, so I am quoting what God said, and what I believe, because I believe in God 100%!!! If i offend anyone I am sorry, it is not my intention, I just figured since everybody else has been able to share what they believe so far I should be able to also!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess it all really boils down to whether or not you believe the Bible is the unrefuted Word of God...

What you believe and what I believe vary so drastically that I don't think any amount of talking will allow us to reach any sort of agreement on this topic~.

All that I could really ask of you would be to vote against an outright ban of it, as it's the only the sort of thing that would hurt those who chose to get involved (assuming that the Bible is true), and if we're wrong, then you'll see us in Hell (from Heaven.) I've always looked at the Bible as a book for self-salvation and self-improvement, not something to force upon others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: A little background info....

Originally posted by StalkingWolf
    First of all, a sin is a sin, there is no difference between a sin, and a real sin, they are all the same...James 2:10 says..."For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in ONE point, he is guilty of ALL!!!!" This mean that all sin is equally wrong, a little sin is just as bad as a big one in God's eyes, because God hates sin!
    Interesting idea you have, but in a sense, completely stupid.

For example;

I kiss a girl, thus commity a "sin" of same sex sexual relationship.

I murder and rape my family.

I highly doubt those can even be classed as "equal".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do believe, without a doubt whatsoever in my mind, that the Bible is the WORD OF GOD!!!
    I don't expect to be able to agree with you about certain things, but thinking about it and considering it, is another thing!!!
    I am sorry Inuchance but if I was to vote on that, I would vote against it, because it goes completely against what God says in His Word, and I will not condone anything that God says is a sin!!! Once again, I am NOT forcing anything upon you, nor would I ever consider trying, but you have the choice to do what God wants, he gave everyone that opportunity, and he knew that several would reject and defy his Word (the Holy Bible) I would not want to see you in Hell, I would rather see you in Heaven with God, but that has to be a choice you make, no one else can make it for you! The Bible is not a book of self-salvation, because salvation can only be obtained through faith and belief in Jesus Christ!(Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Rom. 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Rom. 3:23, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Last but not least, Acts 16:31, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved...") The Bible can be considered a book of self-improvement, but then again you cannot improve without the help and guidance of an all mighty God, when those words came from him in the first place! We cannot understand the scriptures if we are not right with God, and unless we really have the desire to do what is right!!!! Like I said, I do not have anything against homo., bi's, I actually have a few friends that are gay, however that does NOT mean I condone what they are doing, and they know that, and they respect me for my belief! One of them has actually gotten right with God and has been saved, and is a missionary now, but that was him who chose that, i just encouraged it, and gave him something to think about, but in the end he knew what he was doing was not acceptable to God, and chose to get things right with God, and he is married to a beautiful lady now, whom he met at church, and they are really happy together!!! It is just something to think about in the long run, what kind of a life style did God live, he was perfect, and he wants us to strive to be that way also!!! And again, this is not an attempt to shove my religion in your face and say "Believe it or die" I am not like that!!!!! I do not judge people, jut talk to them about it!!!I hope you are not offended but think about what I said, as coming from a friend!!! We are all different but that doesn't change who we can become!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry Neph, but that is not my idea or my exact words, that is God's words and what God says in the scriptures! No one sin is greater than another, it is still a sin, and just as wrong!!!! If you think it is stupid then in the same way, you are calling God stupid because that is what he said!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    in God's eyes those two are equal There's a passage somewhere I belive in exodus... that says something around to lie is the same to murder in God's eyes... unfortunatly ... remembering passages isn't my strong point...

but I know it's in there when it talks of the ten commandments...

I however, belive as SW belives, and if you don't want to, you don't have to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, first off ...question: What do you believe a "sin" is?? Or what does the Bible say a sin is???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok the definition of a sin: Anything that is contrary to God's Word!!!!
    This is only the beginning...another question: this is a simple example... What if your parents said to you, "Don't take a cookie from the cookie jar", and you did....would you consider that a sin??

Oh, and in answer to your opinion, that is YOUR opinion, not God's! God stated his opinion when he had the Bible written!!!! The Bible is God's opinion!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im an Athiest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok the definition of a sin: Anything that is contrary to God's Word!!!!
    This is only the beginning...another question: this is a simple example... What if your parents said to you, "Don't take a cookie from the cookie jar", and you did....would you consider that a sin??
    yes,

exodus 20:12, honor your mother and father

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ephesians 6:1, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right."
    this is a better example, but yes God does say in the Ten Commandments, Honour thy father and thy mother!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok think about this, God is the Judge, and he IS!!!! The bible says in Rom. 3:23, " For ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of God!!
    How many do you think ALL are??? Next, its says in Rom. 6:23, "FOR THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH; but the gift of God, is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord!!! Can you show me anywhere in the Bible where it lists sins that are punishable by death and sins that are not? If you can I will be shocked, because its NOT IN THERE!!!! Which means ALL, sin is punishable by death according to God, in otherwise proving my point no matter how little or great the sin it is still punishable by death!!!!

Oh, and one example for you, there was a couple (Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5:1) in the Bible who had just sold off a parcel of land and told the apostles that they gave them all the money from it, when they really didn't! What started out as a litle lie, caused God to strike them dead!!! SO like I said even a little lie is punishable by death!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ephesians 6:1, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right."
    this is a better example, but yes God does say in the Ten Commandments, Honour thy father and thy mother!!!!
    right! that is a better example... but I was just reading the ten comandment... which is why I accually was able to put up a refferance...

Originally posted by SimbaTheLion

If you went into a court and said the following, I think that the result is pretty obvious:

1) Someone took a cookie from their parents... Please arrest them, we have their address and some proof.

2) Someone just robbed a bank and stole ?3.7million. Please arrest them, we have their address and some proof.
    if you went to a court, anythig, weither it's as small as a cookie, or a big as a mass murder, it's still a sin....

and a sin is a sin no matter what sin the sin is...

it's kind of like a noun.. a thing is a noun no matter what thing the thing is...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    THANK YOU!!!! Got to go for now but do you have Yahoo Messenger??? If so I will catch you sometime again soon!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [B]Just because it doesn't say it's not, doesn't mean it is...

Look at it this way:

Just because the word 'wolf' doesn't have six letters, it doesn't mean it has five letters instead ...
    yeah... but it DOES say that it is sin and all things wrong is sin....

[B]It says 'for the wages of sin is death', what is that supposed to mean??? Death is an end product given to us at birth (I read that somewhere on this forum I think ...)

Is the bible trying to say that because we sin, we're going to die because of it? It doesn't say because of tiny bad things like taking cookies either... Your God might want to punish us because of the COMPOUND value of all the bad things we've done in our life, although I still think it's not realistic that your God wants to kill us for something like taking a cookie...
    It's refering to your soul... the second death... according to revelations, to be absent of body, is to be with the lord... now I've heard some speak of a great gathering in the sky... I've read and reread revelations... that part is still unclear to me as to what happens right after death, before the great judgement... (according to revelation...) then the non-belivers with be cast into the lord's wrath... rev 20:14 "then death and hades (satan) were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death"

[B]I'm not sure what else to say to you, I know that I'm not going to change your mind, and you should know you're not going to change mine either .
    yeah, I know... I'm not trying to change your mind.. that's not my intent...... I'm just stating my belief....

Edit: Btw, my yahoo id is anonamus4351

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry Neph, but that is not my idea or my exact words, that is God's words and what God says in the scriptures! No one sin is greater than another, it is still a sin, and just as wrong!!!! If you think it is stupid then in the same way, you are calling God stupid because that is what he said!!!!
    Not trying to cause offence, but just a question;

Are all your views formed from a book, or do you ever think for yourself? I mean, using the Bible as a guide is fine and all, but I do know some people who take it too extremes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    Not trying to cause offence, but just a question;

Are all your views formed from a book, or do you ever think for yourself? I mean, using the Bible as a guide is fine and all, but I do know some people who take it too extremes.
    I can't speak for StalkingWolf, but my beliefs are not confined within a sphere of written words... they are a rock-solid foundation upon which all thought, observation, action, and reflection are based.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In Catholicism, we believe in Venial and Mortal sin. Mortal sin is a sin that destroys the Grace in you, stuff like murdering people. Venial sin is still serious, but does not kill the Grace within you.

What's interesting is that in Matt. 19:16-21 Jesus tells the Rich Young Man to follow only 6 commandments to gain Life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm done explaining my case, think what you want. My advice would be to look into translation of the bible and see that different words most likely do not represent what they're portrayed to be in most english translations. Look into the story of Sodom, the Mosaic Law of Leviticus, and the words malakoi and arsenokoitai of the New Testament. But I have a feeling that you won't listen or care. So I'll give you other advice.

People need to watch what they say. Ignorance leads to hate, sadness, and sometimes self-mutilation or suicide. I'm bisexual and I'm Christian, you may think I'm damned straight to Hell but I'll take that up with God in prayer.