Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Religion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Something that confuses me is why the Bible is against homosexuals when homosexuals don't really get a say in whether or not they're homosexuals, they're born that way the same way as heterosexuals are born heterosexual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    God gave men women for a very good reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Simba '04
    God gave men women for a very good reason
    Then why are people born gay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you can't be born gay, everyone is given the freedom to choose who they want to be and some just happen to choose the same sex for some odd reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ravoc I wasn't saying that....i know anyone can read the Bible and yes it is a matter of understanding it, I agree, but it also has to be a continual thing! My question would more be i guess how much of the Bible do you know? Because to really understand the Bible you must have knowledge of it first, which means actually taking the time to sit down and read it often! I believe that the King James Version is the original writing of the Bible! I guess my point was, i read the Bible often, and memorize scripture and I believe that it is 100% truth, and many of the things you said and a few others, I could take you to a verse and show you what the Bible says about that! Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying I am a miss goody goody, but I have studied the scriptures with my family since i was little, and I have memorized a lot of scripture also, which has come to help me through my life often! I am a sinner and i don't deny that, the Bible says...."For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD!!!" that I do not deny, i believe everybody has sinned as a cause of Eve! She commited the first sin which like Darkslash said doomed us to hell, unless we except Christ as our Saviour!That is only the beginning though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lion_roog, Simba '04 is right, you cannot be born gay, no one is, that is a free-will choice, like you said God gave us freedom of choice, and those who are homo, heterosexual, etc. have chosen that way of life! However, the Bible says, God created woman for man, and that there was to be a union between them! It never says anywhere in the Bible that man was created for man, or woman for woman, and if it does and you can find it, PLEASE enlighten me, cause I don't believe in that one bit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Simba '04
    you can't be born gay, everyone is given the freedom to choose who they want to be and some just happen to choose the same sex for some odd reason
    It's been proven that most people are gay for a reason that has to do with their genetics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Prince Simba
    ^ Well, it was easy to connect with the first paragraph. That's a bit of what I'm doing right now. "Who am I?" and "What do I believe" are common questions I ask myself.
    It's a good thing to do... and enjoyable sorta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sorry roog, I don't believe that one bit, there is no way you can be born gay, not even if it is based on genes, that is simply a choice! I mean think about it, a baby pops out and says "waaaa, I'm gay, did ya know that!" I don't think so! they would not know that until later on, and that means that it obviously had to be a choice that they make that they are gay, later on when they even understand what that means!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    It's been proven that most people are gay for a reason that has to do with their genetics.
    If that's true... then wouldn't evolution have "naturally selected" that gene for mutation... because it is not productive for the survival of the species (or the continuation of the genes of that particular person)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Darkslash
    If that's true... then wouldn't evolution have "naturally selected" that gene for mutation... because it is not productive for the survival of the species (or the continuation of the genes of that particular person)?
    BAM!!!

very good point , there is no way you can be genetically born gay, not possible, genetics has nothing to do with the way you grow up thinking wise at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmm...I've been doing a little bit of reading about it, and I will say that I was wrong....there is a theory that homosexuality maybe a genetically caused trait, but it is not proven (this type of research is fairly new to scientists as well as Genetics in general).

But I don't believe you can simply decide to be gay or bisexual. Some people may have been tramatized earlier in life, ie. molested as a child, or they are just attracted to the opposite sex. And what about people who are born both genders?....forgot the word they have for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes I agree, very good point Darkslash!!!
    BTW, Did you ever see my question to you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by StalkingWolf
    Because to really understand the Bible you must have knowledge of it first, which means actually taking the time to sit down and read it often!
    I agree. And it's the lack of knowledge and/or the disregard for certian parts of the Bible (and other Holy books such as the Quran and Torah) that lead people to follow radicals and extremists. Religion is powerful, and some people just like to take advantage for personal gain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    I don't think that anything has been proven yet...

But what I don't get is if somebody wants to be gay, then why shouldn't they be able to be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    People are allowed to be gay, it's their choice, their free will. But it's not morally exceptable according to most religious, as well as political, groups.

And Darkslash, very good point. If the whole gene thing was true and if evolution is true, then the gene would've been taken out. The theory of natural selection says so anyway

Btw, I just want to point out (no offense at all to ya roog, okay? Just had to say this), the word 'prove' and 'science' were used together. To be honest, science, all of it, is a theory. Every bit of science is just a bunch of theories. Everything that science has said can and mos tlikely will be changed later. For instance, they said an atom was the smallest, then found protons and neutrons inside it. And they started at first to say that there were only two kingdoms of life on earth, there are now considered six. Science is an ever changing process, nothing is set in stone that is in a science book. (Again, no offense to ya roog ^^)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I especially hate the theory about gravity...... ....Apparently it applies to evrything except for Michael Jordan....

...I guess you can say...Science is always evolving.....

I view science as a way of exploring our world, God gave us great minds and with those minds we are able to discover great things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yikes, this thread definitely grew since I last read it...

Anyway, the Bible is not exactly the word of God... It was still transcribed by humans, and so many parts of the bible show human bias. For one, the Bible has some pretty strong emphasis on the approval of slavery...

As for homosexuality, if it is a choice, it's certainly not one made at any sort of conscious level... With gays being second-rate citizens in 11 of the 50 state constitutions, and with our president pushing for a constitutional ban on gay marriage (whatever happened to separation of church and state, by the way?), it's remarkable that anyone would actually CHOOSE to be gay.

I'm not attacking the concept of God himself, but rather just the organized religions that're trying to force their viewpoints down other people's throats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know, Inuchance, some people may like being murdered based on their sexual preference....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If someone was mentally ill, did they have a choice? Or was it bad genes from mommy and/or daddy?