Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: Secret Santa 2020 (Real Gift Exchange)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But wait, there's more!

This arrived to me in the mail about a week ago, but I've been away so I just retrieved it today. Kossu sent me second (!) whole gift package. She truly has went out of her way to get this sent even after Christmas.

And I am so thankful that she did, because inside was a very special and georgous piece of personal art, meticulously painted on a flat piece of stone. It looks stunning, and has really quite a remarkable amount of detail for a stone that's smaller than my palm. Great work, it's going straight on display to the shelf next to my desktop.
    The attached letter revealed that the stone originates all the way from Andros, Greece! Don't know how you ended up using what must've been a nice travel memory, on a Christmas present to a some guy across the continent, but thank you! I guess visiting Andros is now officially on my bucket list, haha.

IMG_20210118_194347.jpg

So glad you enjoyed the gift, Sharifu.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh, I’m so glad to hear it got there after all! And glad to hear you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Don't know how you ended up using what must've been a nice travel memory, on a Christmas present to a some guy across the continent, but thank you! I guess visiting Andros is now officially on my bucket list, haha.
    Well, I’ve been to that island twice the last 4 years(it’s a great place for hiking!) and twice I returned home with 1/4 of my backpack filled with such rocks. That type of rock is called schist and you find them all over Andros. I quite like their shine and they seemed perfect for painting. I took some with me when I moved to the Netherlands with the idea of painting them and sending them to family and friends.