Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: Secret Santa 2020 (Real Gift Exchange)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Kossu / Revo - that drawing is too cute!

So my Secret Santa experience this year has been...odd

I'm still not entirely sure who my SS is/was but can probably take a guess. However, turns out my SS' gift actually arrived a long time before Christmas and I just didn't know it! So when I said it hadn't arrived on the 21st December that wasn't true

Basically one day I got an Amazon delivery addressed to "Mr Taneli" which contained two items, a SAD therapy lamp that a friend bought for me and a really cool thermal-changing TLK mug. They were both in the same box so I naturally assumed they were both from the same friend and didn't question it even though I was like "huh?" when I opened it (he knows I'm a TLK nut so I just went with it). I then got a message on the Draw Names site from my SS asking if it still hadn't arrived and if I wanted them to complain at Amazon where they bought it, this was New Year's Eve. They explained that they didn't know my real name so just ordered it to "Taneli". At this point I started to wonder, so I messaged my friend to ask if he'd also got me the TLK mug, and he said that he hadn't. I then realised that the TLK mug I'd had for almost a month at that point was indeed my SS gift! But it still baffles me how two completely separate orders from two different people can end up being delivered in the same box :/ I'm still trying to work that one out!

So apologies to my Secret Santa, your gift did indeed arrive and it's awesome! Thanks very much

As mentioned earlier, it's a TLK mug that changes colour when you add hot water. I've attached photos which hopefully you all can see
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneli View Post
    So my Secret Santa experience this year has been...odd
    [...]
    So apologies to my Secret Santa, your gift did indeed arrive and it's awesome! Thanks very much
    Wow, that so odd. i never had two amazon orers condensed in one package. actually here in brazil, when i buy more than two itens is more likely for them to be separate and make two or more deliveries, i know that is because brazil is huge they have several warehouses in the country, so they pick the item from the nearest warehouse where its avalaible and then send.

I hope you enjoyed your mug Taneli (yes, i was your secret santa) that "extra" secret was amazon to blame XD.

I havent received my gift yet, i hope it will come soon.