Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Let’s see your rides! 🚘🚲🏍

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let’s see your rides! 🚘🚲🏍

Hey everyone! It feels weird to be posting again. I missed posting here.

Not sure if this thread has been done yet (I seem to remember a similar one ages ago ) but since we’re all in lockdown, I thought it’d be fun to see your rides. Whether you have one with four wheels or two, let’s see ‘em shall we?

Here are some pics of mine which I took today after a clean. It’s a 2016 Toyota Aygo and I’ve had her since last March.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cool ride KS! Nice blue colour.

I might post a picture of my bicycle at some point, since that's my official ride(yay for flat dutch roads).
    I drive my partner's Mitsubishi Colt sometimes, but not very often so I don't really consider it my ride.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cool wheels! I would be scared driving anything bigger in UK... Them roads are small, at least by what I remember some places in London.Here is mine and Sharifu's ride... only could find one picture on my phone from last summer when I washed it. https://photos.app.goo.gl/HM9vtgWE3xcazs2r6 Hyundai Sonata SE 2016

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks STM! I changed it last year from a larger car which was a diesel model as I didn’t do enough mileage a year to make having a diesel fuelled car worthwhile so I went back to petrol. Plus I only really need the car to get to and from work and this car is perfect. It’s economical, small and easy to park, whilst also being nice to look at.

As for roads being small in the UK, the country lanes can be narrow. The motorways aren’t as wide as the highways in the US either.

Your car looks nice! I like it. And every car looks loads better once clean. I try to clean mine at least once every 2 weeks, weather dependant of course.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I really like your car KS, it's a lovely colour! Reminds me of a purple one I saw when I was at a Toyota dealership and I wanted it

I'm now an old man, so it seems only fitting I have an old man car! Behold my 2004 Toyota Corolla T3 VVTi, easily the cheapest to run and most reliable car I've ever owned. It's got air con and large cup holders, which at my age is kind of all I want. Though a bit more acceleration wouldn't be a bad thing, it is a bit...slow XD

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...8/IMG_9805.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha, thanks! I like the purple ones too, but that would mean I’d need to upgrade and I can’t afford that yet. Plus blue is my favourite colour and I’ve always wanted a blue car so yeah.

I like your car actually. It’s a Toyota and they’re good cars! My parents had one for years, and my current car is my third Toyota (I had two Yaris’ before my Aygo). They’re so reliable like you said. I actually switched back to a Toyota from a Mazda as I had nothing but trouble with it.

Oh, and welcome back! Glad you could finally log in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneli View Post
    I really like your car KS, it's a lovely colour! Reminds me of a purple one I saw when I was at a Toyota dealership and I wanted it

I'm now an old man, so it seems only fitting I have an old man car! Behold my 2004 Toyota Corolla T3 VVTi, easily the cheapest to run and most reliable car I've ever owned. It's got air con and large cup holders, which at my age is kind of all I want. Though a bit more acceleration wouldn't be a bad thing, it is a bit...slow XD

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...8/IMG_9805.jpg
    I had a 2002 Corolla up until this past fall, and that was the best goddamn car ever. I cried real tears letting go of it, and every time I see one on the road still I get a pang that I gave up on it. I wanted to own that car for 25 years but it was in 2 pretty major accidents and unlike yours, the air conditioning died about 5 years ago, made summers pretty wretched. But I managed to book it past other cars in it, my beige chariot!

I have a perfectly boring, base model monotone Volkswagen Jetta now. It's fine, I like the steering. My crappy old car had nicer features tbh, but it rolls from place A to place B, with working air.

But my god did I love my Corolla, the car of my heart! Toyotas are the best, even if I don't have one right now.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    I had a 2002 Corolla up until this past fall, and that was the best goddamn car ever. I cried real tears letting go of it, and every time I see one on the road still I get a pang that I gave up on it. I wanted to own that car for 25 years but it was in 2 pretty major accidents and unlike yours, the air conditioning died about 5 years ago, made summers pretty wretched. But I managed to book it past other cars in it, my beige chariot!

I have a perfectly boring, base model monotone Volkswagen Jetta now. It's fine, I like the steering. My crappy old car had nicer features tbh, but it rolls from place A to place B, with working air.

But my god did I love my Corolla, the car of my heart! Toyotas are the best, even if I don't have one right now.
    Aw man, yeah it always sucks that the cars you grow most attached to are the ones that are the most unreliable

The car I had before this one was a 2005 Renault Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique, it was like driving a bottle rocket. The acceleration was insane for only a 1600cc engine, but the car only weighed 500kg so yeah. But because it was French from the mid-2000s it was so unreliable. I had it 5 years and it was just a complete money pit. Wheel bearings kept disintegrating, the brake lines kept eroding, the sunroof leaked, oh and the exhaust fell off It was truly painful maintaining that car, but dang I do miss it sometimes, it was so much fun to drive!

My Corolla (Mr T as my dad calls him (T for Toyota XD)) is the polar opposite, really cheap and reliable but somewhat dull and boring to drive. I am pretty sold on Toyotas as a brand though now, I want one of the new Corollas or maybe a C-HR next but it'll be a long time before I can afford one of those