Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: What is your comfort entertainment?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What is your comfort entertainment?

So...what kind of entertainment lifts you up when your spirits are down?

Movies:
    Music:
    Series:
    Books:
    Games:
    etc.

Ok, I go first:

Movies: The lion king (gasp!), Lord of the rings series, Homeward bound: The incredible journey, How to train your dragon, Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Music: Soundtracks (especially from Disney and Ghibli films), Phil Collins, Toto, Nightwish, 90s pop (sorry not sorry, hehe) and power metal in general
    Series: The amazing world of Gumball, ATLA, Ducktales, some old greek comedy series
    Books: Anything from Sir Terry Pratchett, but especially “Guards, guards!”, Don Rosa and Carl Barks comics
    Games: Elder Scrolls Online, Lion King for DOS, Spyro games

It’s not necessary to use the template, I used it as a general idea.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I used to do so many things, but throughout the years I just stopped caring for many of them.
    Guitar mainly. Played really intense for many years, but for the past 10 years basically have given up on it.

Movies: Trolls (let's face it, who's more positive then Poppy ??), Secret life of pets 2, Detective Pikachu
    Music: Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus
    Series: Melissa & Joey (after meeting Melissa Joan Hart 2 weeks ago, I'm watching things with her in it, haha), Big Bang Theory, The Conners, The neighbourhood, Carole's 2nd act
    Books: I did start a book months ago "Mr Stink" from David Walliams (yes, childrens books), but I haven't gone past chapter 5 in all these months, hehe.
    Games: Tsum Tsum (phone), Simon's cat (phone), Pokemon go (phone), Rayman (PS), Mario (wii)

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Pokemon go should be on my list too, hehe. I don't know how I forgot. It's been my distraction game for the last years, especially for boring train/bus city trips.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kossu View Post
    Pokemon go should be on my list too, hehe. I don't know how I forgot. It's been my distraction game for the last years, especially for boring train/bus city trips.
    Yeah, my game doesn't load that fast, so I miss out while travelling, haha.

I play tsum tsum a lot while travelling. It's been proven extremely addictive for me, for the past 3 years.
    It's making chains, and collecting coins so you can buy new tsums, and I need ALL THE TSUMS

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Movies: I typically wont watch movies more than once, even if I really enjoy them. Comedies like Monty Python, Naked guns, Robin Hood men in tights, space balls etc. Are exceptions. Typically I chose Genre of movies based on how I feel. If I'm just in mood to watch a movie, I typically pick an action movie as it requires minimum effort from my part. In a group I love watching comedies, yet I don't despise any genre besides Horror and splatter really.

Music: I often find myself telling people that music isn't big part of my life. I only listen to music when I'm driving or commuting to and from work. I do however like listening techo/dance music/epic game music when grinding away in games as otherwise those tasks can get quite boring.

Series: Most series that deal with fantasy will get my attention be it games or TV series. From gaming, Warcraft universe, Elder's Scrolls Universe, Assassin's creed saga and Diablo lore, Wastelands of Fallout have been past passions of mine. From TV DC and Marvel series have caught my attention in a big way in the past. Also I just watched Game of thrones in 3.5 weeks for the first time though oddly I prefer the lost Kingdom over it. As animated series goes I did enjoy Lion guard and and for nostalgia The original Duck Tales are always gonna have a warm place in my heart.

Books: I would say No!.. I don't read. Outside school I have only finished handful of books in my life. I did read ton of Donald Duck comics in my youth though. only book I can recommend and was thin enough for me to pick on my own has been Bored of the rings a parody of ... well you probably can figure that one out.

Games: If I explained this in detail I think the character cap would not quite cover it. I enjoy many different kind of games and it's how I spend most of my days even today. Currently I been playing: Overwatch, Path Of Exile, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Don't starve Together, Witcher III: Wild Hunt, Civilization VI, Just Cause 4, Borderlands 3, Warframe, Passpartout: The Starving Artist and BeatSaber. Currently, being in past 2-3 months. I think one way of telling how much I do really play is to look at my Path of Exile Steam played time March 11th 2018 - March 11th 2019 where my play time was 980h in that time period (There is 8760h in year so 11.18%of that). I worked full time and I went to school at the time too and I played plenty of other games too. Sometimes I wished I would put that kind of time in something productive as I would have accomplished a lot more.
    Last edited by Sadiki; June 10th, 2020 at 11:12 PM.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I only have to sadly, as I am anti-moving pictures/videos but here's my list

Music: Any sleeping playlist I have on Spotify or my local media player, it usually rotation between Dew 19, Ariel Pink, Dream Theater, Video Game music cover bands, or video game mashups, and Yacht Rock music.
    Games: For me any games that have Co-Op experience are relaxing to me, I mean not control by A.I. or anything but kinda like "friends" playing in a single scenario game. To list it?: Division 2, Zombie 4, World of Warcraft, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Diablo 3/ARPG top down multiplayer, and good single Player FPS game that I have: Far Cry 5, and Monster Hunter: World.

Kossu, appreciate the thread, this is engaging for the members
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group