Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
I would normally think like you STM, but the amount of people that have died within 3 months, is what the normal flu does in a year.So it different.
As I said it's worse than flu, typical season flu kills anywhere from 290 000 - 650 000 people in the world wide annually. It's rough estimate as there is not as well maintained data off it as there is for COVID-19. However my statement is based on statics with mortality rates of 40-49 being 0.4% and all other groups up to 10 years of age to 0.2% and no deaths recorder in below 10 year old in April 16th. Now I know these stats have change some and I know there has been children dying from it as well since then, but in general that is the trend. and even the people dying from it have underlying condition above 75% of the time. These are all statistics which everyone should think when considering their own well being. When considering the well being of the others it's entirely different story. I lost a friend when I was 13 to Influenza type A or more so an infection to his heart caused by secondary diseases from Flu type A and he had no underlying conditions, so dying from an illness is always a chance.Now I definitely do not try to make it sound less dangerous than it is, but I have ran into some situations where people go way beyond the limit of expressing how dire the situation is. In some situation I see people behaving like you have a bubonic plague.