Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Life in quarantine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not much has changed for me since everything got locked down. I'm considered a key worker, so I'm still going to work every day, though we did decide to split our team up and start working shifts, to reduce the risk of the whole lab having to be shut if someone gets ill (thankfully, I'm still being paid full despite only working half hours, so that's a win)

So, I'm still managing to leave the house, and thankfully the food situation has gotten a lot better. A couple of weeks back I was starting to worry that I wouldn't be able to feed myself properly because all the super markets were empty, but that's not so much of an issue now.

I have been using some of my free time to catch up with some gaming. In recent weeks I've played through Doom Eternal, the Resident Evil 3 remake and I've just started the Final Fantasy VII remake, which I'm about 10 hours into now. Something that has got me a little concerned, though, I have a trip to Florida to visit Disney World planned for the first week in September. It would have been my first trip there, and while it's not yet been cancelled, I am worrying that things will still be locked down then and I'll have to cancel it. Obviously, if that's the case it'll be for the best and I'll hopefully be able to re-book my trip, but it's still a little disappointing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
    Something that has got me a little concerned, though, I have a trip to Florida to visit Disney World planned for the first week in September. It would have been my first trip there, and while it's not yet been cancelled, I am worrying that things will still be locked down then and I'll have to cancel it. Obviously, if that's the case it'll be for the best and I'll hopefully be able to re-book my trip, but it's still a little disappointing.
    September is still a long way from now though, so here's to hoping that the situation will have improved to an extent until then...

But yeah, on cancelled trips...I am concerned as well, as I want to try and visit my family in Greece sometime in June-July, but still don't know how things will be. It's just waiting and hoping for the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kossu View Post
    But yeah, on cancelled trips...I am concerned as well, as I want to try and visit my family in Greece sometime in June-July, but still don't know how things will be. It's just waiting and hoping for the best.
    I had a trip planned to the Greek Islands in June with my family, but we had word from the tour operator last week that it was going to be cancelled, so we’re now waiting for a refund, although I bet they will try to get us to accept vouchers or move it to a later date. It’s disappointing (we were all looking forward to our holiday) but it was to be expected.

I’m sure when all this is over with, we’ll all be able to enjoy travelling again.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kossu View Post
    September is still a long way from now though, so here's to hoping that the situation will have improved to an extent until then...
    Yeah, there's still quite a bit of time until then for things to sort themselves out, and I've got my fingers crossed that things get back to some sort of normality by then, but I'm not holding my breath.

I spent quite a few years working in a supermarket, so I know how hard you guys work. I worked through some fairly busy periods but nothing compared to what's going on at the moment, I can't imagine what's it's like now (and especially when everything kicked off) so you definitely have my sympathies.