Anxiety doesn't cause a sore throat.
It's the sore throat that causes the anxiety.

Because you start thinking "could it be ??" and that makes you anxious.
It is a bit of a circle though, hard to get out of once you're in it.

A sore throat can be caused by many things.
Cold air your breath in at night, heart burn / reflux during the night which causes irritation to the throat, etc ...

I've been in it since all this started, and, I have hypochondria.
Life is such fun right now

An update on my dad:
So, he was on a ventilator since Tuesday until Saturday.
Which was pomping air/oxygen into his lungs, to make him breath. (the next step up would have been a coma where the machine breaths for you)
Since Saturday evening he's of the ventilator, and now getting oxygen from an oxygen tank, to help him breath (just to make it easy on him).
He's doing great, he looks good, he can speak in sentences again.
And when I called on Monday he said he was having a really good day, until he had to go to the toilet, and that was about a 2 meter walk, and he was completely exhausted by just taking a few steps.
Even moving an arm is just too much trouble.

So, apart from that he's going great.
His lungs are much better, they take xrays every day.
He may have permantent damage? They won't know until he really is better. But right now, the doctor said he can't see why he shouldn't fully recover!

Even though every country seems to be having less deaths, less people going into hospitals, please stay away from each other as much as you can.
I'll say it again: hearing my dad over the phone on the day he went to the hospital, not being able to say 1 word without gasping for air, is heartbreaking.
You don't want it for yourself or anyone you know.
This is not just a flu, where after a week in bed you're OK again.
He may not have had the very serious version of this, he will still need months to recover, for his lungs to be recovered.
So, spare your lungs from dreadful scenario, and be wise.