Hello!

So quarantine for me effectively started on 17th March when my whole team was sent to work from home, and a week later on the 23rd the rest of the UK locked down too. It's been somewhat hard to stay motivated from a work perspective, though I'm fortunate to have a proper desk setup at home with a chair and a monitor. I know my manager is currently hunched over his dining room table with only his laptop screen

I am also feeling grateful to still actually have a job that's relatively safe in the current climate, one of my friends has already been made redundant and my brother is also looking at redundancy so it's all a bit "weeeeh" But the department I work in (property services) is one of the few departments that's actually making the company money at the moment, so our jobs are fairly safe...for now haha.

As for lockdown itself, I've coped mostly okayish I think! I live alone so I don't have to worry about anyone else which from a potential spreading aspect is a good thing. That said, it was getting quite boring and lonely on my own for 3 months. Thankfully the government introduced a "bubble" arrangement for people living on their own where they could go visit one other household, so naturally I took the opportunity to go leech off of my parents for a weekend I think the lockdown measures are being eased further still on 4th July so that bars/restaurants etc can reopen and more people can meet up in public. Whilst I think that it's possibly too soon to do that in my opinion, especially given how people acted this week when the weather was nice I'm half expecting the UK to have a second spike of cases in about 2-3 weeks time, but we'll see.

And yes like Nathalie, I had McDonalds for the first time in 3 months last week. I got a box of 20 nuggets and I regret nothing it was so good! Might give KFC a whirl this coming week, thankfully both my local McDonald's and KFC are both Drive-Thrus so they're both open again already. I've also started food shopping at Sainsbury's as opposed to Morrisons, partly because the clientele at Sainsbury's tend to be better behaved, but also because they do SmartShop where you can scan stuff with your phone as you go round and just bag it there and then so you don't have to wait in line at the end.

But yeah, that's basically been me during lockdown. A bit dull and boring but overall could be a lot worse! Hope everyone is keeping safe!