Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing right now?: Return of the Sequel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oooh, congrats on the job Kanu!

Also, welcome back and nice to meet you Taneli!

Just taking it easy here, but might go for a walk soon. It's relatively dry today, compared to the previous days.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've started to watch some of the old series I seen when I was little/young from the '80s & '90s.
    Step by Step, Perfect Strangers, Father Dowling.
    Can't believe I found Father Dowling, lol, I used to watch this with my grandma when I was like, 11 or so. I love me detective stuff, I don't care it's a priest and a non, hehe.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Found some new things to watch, when I was cat-sitting last week, I saw some new(ish) things on TV, so went looking for them.
    One of them is "The nightmare neighbour next door".
    My God ... some people just need a slap in the face (well, more then that, but I'm being decent).
    Respect is something that everyone should know. Such a shame.

We've got some stupid neighbours, and at my parents house next door is making their life hell also. I honestly don't understand how neighbours who terrorise others can be like "I know nothing".

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Oh, so many people need a slap in the face... The pandemic really brings out the best and the very worst of humans.

Currently I'm dealing with some "spex"/theatre company stuff - meeting prep, replying to e-mails and so on... It's a little too intense right now x_x I'm keeping my fingers crossed it'll settle into a better pace in a couple of weeks once all the groups are started up properly

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh, don't get me started, lol.
    Yesterday we were in Birmingham, standing in front of the fridge in Poundland to get a drink.
    When a girl (older then 12) without a mask, just walks in front of me to take something, no excuse me, nothing.
    Because of it, I take a step back, and bump into the girl behind me, also older then 12 and no mask.
    (masks are mandatory now in UK)
    We both apologized for bumping into each other, and I face towards the other girl saying "you could say excuse me, you know!"
    Then that other girl I bumped into, was with her, haha, and she's like: you should have said excuse me or something to that woman
    And the girl turns around towards me and is like: who said I should say excuse me ???
    And I'm like: you could have said excuse me instead of barging in in front of me!

Like, did she wanted to start an argument with me? Girl, I'm not the right person to do that in these times, I will crush you completely.

England really isn't like how other people outside of England think it is

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's both amusing and depressing in equal measure just how many foreigners are broken by how terrible England actually is compared to how it's portrayed

I've almost gotten into so many rows with people in shops and stuff because, I mean I'm easily annoyed at the best of times but seeing people brazenly ignore rules and such just really makes me like lol.

-

As for what I'm doing right now, I'm just sat waiting for my oven to heat up so I can cook pizza

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think I have a "good look" on that part, as I've only moved 2 years ago, and when visiting I always did think it was so nice here, and very much loved visiting England (I was here about a week every other month for 2 years).
    But boy, did my opinion changed 2 weeks after I've moved.

We're figuring out holiday dates, as Adam's been asked when he'd like his winter holidays, and since Belgium this year is out of the question due to the ever changing quarantine rules and it being cheaper going by motorbike but we can only do that as long as the weather is decent, we're figuring out when and how to go for Easter.
    Normally I'd have all these weeks sorted, because booking Eurostar's are a pain to get it cheap months in advance, so we always have things planned very early on, now it's like: I don't know?

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    Normally I'd have all these weeks sorted, because booking Eurostar's are a pain to get it cheap months in advance, so we always have things planned very early on, now it's like: I don't know?
    Similar situation here, there's just so much uncertainty on the travelling matter right now.

Busy with lots of organizing here, since I am officially back to university now and got a lot to figure out. There are some more updates I want to write about, hopefully I can soon, on the appropriate threads.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Strange isn't it. I'm not one to live day-by-day. As I need a plan, if that plan fails, I crumble and fall apart, lol.
    Like, whenever booking Disney, the hotel gets booked like, 6 months in advance (cheap prices), and then the Eurostar now, also about 6 months in advance. The HST used to be 3 months in advance, so I'm just used to that.

What is your head subject at uni?

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, planning ahead really is not possible right now...It can be very annoying, especially for holidays, like you said Nathalie. (Note to self, to ask you for tips about Disneyland for when it's finally possible to book a trip...You sound like an expert on the matter, Nathalie. )

What is your head subject at uni?
    Veterinary medicine! I was studying in the Netherlands 6 years ago actually, but a lot of things didn't turn out the way I hoped so I had to stop(I really liked the studies though). It was one of the most difficult things I had to face in my life so far and (along with other things)drove me into depression for a few years. To an extent I have recovered now and with other things settled, I decided to try and resume the studies...I've had quite some doubts, but in the end I don't want to have any regrets. It's a bit of a shock going back, I have to admit and I feel a bit like an old hag, because almost all my classmates are 10 years younger, but oh well. Still going through it with a mix of enthusiasm and terror, but it'll get better.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh that's cool! I used to want to be a vet. But then I once saw on TV, you'd have to stick your arm up a cow's but

I didn't knew back then, there's usually a vet for pets, and a vet for farm animals

I've only been almost 40 times to DLRP (I remember saying my first trip was so boring I'd never go again )

Unles I get a job (ha!) we won't ever be going again our passes got extended until November 2020, but with the quarantine rules changing every day, the color coding for cities changing daily, and not getting a refund for the hotel (website I booked is being a fraud, so we will be taking steps next week!) so just can't afford anything.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Heh, yeah, as a kid I wanted to be a vet too, until I also saw a TV program where they mentioned that vets have to perform surgeries and I was like "Uhhh, naaah..." Hope your studies are going well and that you'll be able to adjust, Kossu

I'm fretting that I'm up this late and also wondering if I maybe have a sore enough throat to warrant staying home from work tomorrow It's kinda sore, kinda not, and it comes and goes. It most likely has to do with the fact that I was outside all day yesterday and got cold and wet in the rain, but, ehhhh. Fret, fret, fret.

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, we were watching Dr Who, but then I felt sick, got sicker, got even more sick, almost threw up, had a panic attack, 2 hours later, little better, off to bed now and just try and sleep it off.

Such fun.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sounds terrible, I hope you are feeling better now Nathalie.

And I was also quite doubtful whether I will like the studies, because of stuff like what both Nathalie and Kanu mentioned, but whatever doubts I had went away when I started the studies, which is so very interesting. Some things I honestly am still terrified of, but in the end I believe the good stuff outweighs the bad stuff.

Right now it's not much fun though. Most classes are online(understandably), on average I go to the university once per week for practicals. The online part doesn't bother me, what bothers me is that organization from professors etc. has been very, very bad so far (which is shocking for my experience with dutch standards). It really seems like they had the impression that classes would resume normally after September, which isn't the case at all. And with the wild increase in covid-19 cases here again, I wonder how it'll go.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, I don't like blood and "icky" things, so I wouldn't have made a very good vet at all, lol.

Not really feeling better, every day a new problem adds to the pile.

We did go to Legoland Windsor last week Thursday, that was fun!
    More for children, but we like a themepark, so thought we'd check it out. We might go again next year, if they still do -40% price online. Full price really was not worth it, it's fun, but for 2 adults there's not much to do really. You can do most rides, but they last for like 30 seconds, so it really is based on kids.
    But we were like, an hour short to see everything really well (Miniland), so would like to see that decent again, we were rushing to see most of it now, as the park was closing.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That sounds really fun Nathalie! Saw some pics on Fb, it seemed pretty cool! Also nice discount.

Lazy slow Sunday here so far(with gloomy, uninspiring weather). There's a pile of chores that has to happen, but I keep putting them off.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We just got back from a week at the beach. Weather was quite warm, until Wednesday, thunder, lighting, storm, and the wind at 60-70 km/h, for 5 days straight! So were kind of stuck at the house, since we're on a motorbike, I really didn't want to be on that with that wind.
    At least we had a fun 2 sunny warm days, lol.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Finished scheduling all my bills and all my monthly payments... After working three months for half pay I've finally got my almost-full wages this month. I was so looking forward to being able to not worry about money for a little bit and to start being able to save up for things again. However... I have so much to catch up on for being without money for so long that I'm still going to be as poor as before when the payments have processed tomorrow. Sigh...

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear that Kanu.
    Can you at least stay at your current job?

We just got back from a week at the beach. Weather was quite warm, until Wednesday, thunder, lighting, storm, and the wind at 60-70 km/h, for 5 days straight! So were kind of stuck at the house, since we're on a motorbike, I really didn't want to be on that with that wind.
    At least we had a fun 2 sunny warm days, lol.
    I've been dyiiiing to go to the beach/ sea. It's been so long... And the weather in UK sounds just as moody as the weather here in the NL.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Holland, Belgium, UK, it's all the same basically. As soon as we went land inwards it was all sunshine (not warm, but kind of wind-less, and sunny)
    It's always worse on the seaside, but this, pfff, this was bad. And the holiday homes are on pilars/blocks, so the house was rocking about 24/7.
    When we got back to the room last night, I was like: you feel that? Exactly, nothing! The ground beneath me isn't moving!

I did went out during the wind, to the entertainment place on site, it was mad! The wind was so bad, I could feel it go in one ear and out the other (seriously though, had an earache after, haha, but that happens with normal wind quite fast for me too).

I need to get ready to go out, wash my hair and stuff, takes an hour or 2 to dry (can't blowdry it, as it's very fragile for a while now, so need to let it dry naturally), get some stuff to fill the kitchen (and snacks, I need some snacks, haha)

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu