Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing right now?: Return of the Sequel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Making an attempt at catching up to some dA messages... I've let my notifications kinda drag behind and now there are too many @__@ One comment was a commission request though, so that's nice.

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wouldn't ya know it, quarantine is making me do my biennual remembrance visit to this site. Always brings back memories of the good times . Internet seems a much duller place since then.. Hope everyone is doing OK.

Right now, munching on a carrot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Wouldn't ya know it, quarantine is making me do my biennual remembrance visit to this site. Always brings back memories of the good times . Internet seems a much duller place since then.. Hope everyone is doing OK.
    Same here! I’ve been lurking, just not posting.

Yeah, I agree. It’s a shame Lea isn’t as active as it used to be, we all did share some good times.

Right now I’m sat in the garden, chilling.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Welcome back you guys, it's great to have you both back!

Feeling pretty exhausted here, today has been a super busy day, but some good news at last! Got the keys for our new place today so we will be moving over the course of the next week. So much to do, but quite exciting.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Weell, if we all check in here and post more often... I don't like really talking on social media - it's clunky, disappears immediately and it's impossible to keep up - so I still prefer a good ol' forum for chatting~ It's good to see you both

That's awesome to hear, Kossu! Hope the move goes smoothly for you! ^__^

I'm playing a new iPad game I got addicted to. It has obscure Disney characters in it, and TLK characters, so...

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Jonathan (musical person) was doing a live "concert" from his living room, streaming on instagram, so we just watched that.

Now ... no idea what to do. I feel my life is even more meaningless, then 4 weeks ago *ahum*
    Russel up some grubs sounds good, getting a bit hungry, lol.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Catching up with everything new that’s been going on here. I’m so glad to see the forum this lively again
    Great to see you all again! ^^

Edit: Ack! I had forgot the original thread had posts maxed out ><

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Adam's in a Lion King phase, where he's been watching the animated and CGI version with commentary.
    And wanted to watch the animated in Dutch, fine by me.
    So we just done that. But he kept being the commentary track now, which was annoying

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Next time i will do it in the style of Sir Attenborough

But yeah, just been watching alot of TLK Content recently (My Lion Guard project has been the culprit i think)

A lot of stuff on the commentary that you don't read or hear about on other places like IMDB, interesting stuff ^_^.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Haha, surely no one on a TLK forum thinks being in a Lion King phase would be a bad thing...

I've been working on revamping my online portfolio all afternoon/night... It's so tedious and honestly extremely boring. But some feedback from a recent interview (for which job I was declined, as usual) made me wonder if I should keep my "graphic design" and illustration portfolios separate So I've been reworking it. Again. Bleeeh. Now I must get some sleep, so I can continue tomorrow...

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I just gave Sharifu a call, because, why not? Hehe

Since I was still awake at a time it was late afternoon for her.

Should probably go to sleep soon (2.30 now).
    The entire pattern is so out of sync, it's mad at the moment, lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Doing some warm-up doodles here, before I start some serious painting. Glad to be able to draw on the laptop again.

I feel the lack of sleep and schedule as well.

Since we moved, I have had problems adjusting and very poor sleep. I finally managed to get some proper sleep last night, but I still feel exhausted today. One night can't change weeks of bad sleep of course...but reboot attempted.

Also, why does every passing day feel like a Sunday? And how is it May already...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Welcome to my world, I haven't had a decent sleep schedule for a year now, so this is all business as usual for me...

I'm finishing up an overdue commission... I've had a such an off week where I haven't felt like doing anything at all and every task has been struggle But it feels good to be able to cross something off the list.

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I hadn't watched Neighbours since mid-March, so I'm catching up on that now, just as it's extremely exciting!
    But, Neighbours themselves had put up spoilers the day after an important episode aired to show "behind the scenes", and one of the actors I follow on twitter did the same thing.
    So, I unfollowed both now, and try to unsee the spoilers, lol.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ^ Doctor Who keeps doing the same thing. I get that they want to keep the hype up, but come on.

I'm trying to sift through my notifications and "Watch" stuff on dA. It's become a much bigger effort since Eclipse. Uuugh. They need to get rid of their UX designers. Seriously.

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    A day after the episode, they could have waited like, a week, as the entire thing was spread out over 5 episodes. So I already knew who died, due to them putting the behind-the-scenes thing up, with a big title "... dies"

In the words of David Tennant as the Doctor: WHAT ???

But man, they were such tense and emotional episodes
    Something always happens on a big anniversary (35 years Neighbours last March), and by far, I've never cried so much watching this

I'm at Adam's shop now, he's back at works since Tuesday.
    This town is already useless, and with everything still closed, it's even more useless, so I'm sitting in the back, sitting on something you could call a chair, and my laptop on another chair.
    Not allowed in the actual shop, as there's the whole 1 customer per time inside policy right now and such.

We're viewing an apartment after he finishes, and it's too far out, so I couldn't get there on my own, so it was just easier to go along with him.
    Same thing tomorrow.

Also doing a job application, but it's doing my head in, pfff...
    They need so many questions "how long been in the UK" and things like that, so, I feel I'm already going to be discriminated by that, even though the job is absolutely perfect (story of my life).

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow, if it's worth me finishing it.
    As for the next step, I need a cover letter, and I don't want to put energy in making one, if it could be completely useless

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nathalie, good luck with the applications! Also, how was the apartment viewing?

Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    I'm trying to sift through my notifications and "Watch" stuff on dA. It's become a much bigger effort since Eclipse. Uuugh. They need to get rid of their UX designers. Seriously.
    Uhuh...Old DA had its faults, but I miss the more organized posts and comments. It feels hard to browse and it gets stuck quite often for me, especially from the phone.

Feeling pretty sleepy here, but got...to...work...on...things. and it's too late for coffee

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah, good luck with the applications, Nathalie! I'm in the same boat myself still, it's such fun

I'm currently sitting idle at my computer, waiting for a Zoom meeting that was supposed to start 10 minutes ago. The hosts still haven't sent out a link, so me and my friend are just sort of... here. I'm super tired, so I really wouldn't mind if the whole thing was canceled now

-----

Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Aside from celebrating the fact that I managed to log in for the first time in probably a decade (thankfully I still use the email address I registered with), I'm updating my profile whilst consuming my body weight in coffee

Hello again everyone!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Heey Taneli! Awesome to see you back

I'm currently reading some induction documents... Tomorrow I'm signing a contract for a summer job...!

-----