Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What are you doing right now?: Return of the Sequel

Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    Went to Hull & York for the day.
    Woo Hull, my hometown! It's actually a lot nicer there now than it used to be, they've actually spent a lot of money on the marina area and Queen Victoria Square!

I took this week off work because I fancied it, and I've totally lucked out with the weather, it's been glorious! Went for my first pub dinner in almost a year last night too, also got my first Covid vaccine shot yesterday

So yeah, to quote Kronk "it's all coming together"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have no idea where those area's are you are talking about

We just walked around town mainly, high streets, near the big parkinglot/Sainsburys.

I already got a reminder text for my first vaccin.
    I'm just not going to do it.
    I'm not against vaccins, but I'd prefer this one to be around for a bit longer, just to see how people get on with possible issues.
    + I'm in no mood to get sick twice (let's face it, I probably will)
    + I will get it when I can choose which one (which is probably never, though, I want Pfizer, and aparantly that's what I could get, but meh, I'm just not interested at all at this point).

+ even fully vaccinated, I will still have to pay +300 € in tests to see my family in Belgium, due to UK government rules, like, WHAT ??
    So, right now, apart from getting milder symptoms when getting Covid19, there's no upside for me at this particular time.
    And I have thought about all this, because as you might remember, my dad was in the ICU last year on a ventilator.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Right now, a little gloomy for me, my mother's brother in law passed away today. under the total lockdown. 2021 isn't a year that my family cherish for.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm so sorry about your loss Guntur.

Just zoning out here, listening to music...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    I have no idea where those area's are you are talking about

We just walked around town mainly, high streets, near the big parkinglot/Sainsburys.
    I'm guessing you mean Tesco, the huge one next to the bus/train station. The only big Sainsbury's is out in Hessle and I'm guessing you weren't there But glad you had a good time

Regarding the vaccine, I had my first Pfizer shot on Wednesday, and other than 12 hours of a sore arm I had no side effects at all I would recommend going for it if purely to help protect others, but I understand your reasons for not wanting to.

-

I've spent today in the kitchen doing meal prep for next week. Made a potato and lentil pie and a veggie curry

Also watched my rugby team get dumped out of the cup earlier today ah well!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No, sainsbury's, as I went in because I felt sick.
    I didn't mean that was big, but the parking lot.
    Next to that parking lot is a very long old wall.
    It's like a 3 minute walk from the town center.

I know what I've been doing the past year to protect others. And even without the vaccine, I'm sure doing a hell of a lot more for others, then others are doing for me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Each to their own, but I for sure can't wait to finally get my first dose. Just another month or so to wait

Right now I'm sitting here with a pounding headache trying to compose an e-mail I need to send before tomorrow. I just want to draw I think I spent too long in the sun today, despite wearing sunscreen and a hat. The early summer sun is not to be messed with..!

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got my first vaccine dose on the 15th of June. Other than feeling tired and kind of groggy for about 5 days and my arm hurting for a day and a half, that was it. It was a weird kind of grogginess though, like it was very difficult to focus on things.

Made some arrangements here today and if all is well, we can finally leave for Greece on the 28th of July. It's been 18 months... Feels almost like I've been in the army or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my second vaccine appointment will be on 1st of August. Right now? well not right now but I was browsing to one of the greatest Lea drama in the graveyard. I was surprised the severity of the case with like 8 pages of response, I was immature due for not understanding english language or the situation. and of course I didn't help the situation and it was mindblowing argument. I am totally glad that we didn't reach that magnitude anymore thank god but boy oh boy I wish I wasn't there reading that 17 years ago.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    At Adam's shop this week, as I'm doing some cat-sitting at a house nearby.
    Getting a little bit of money in, which can then all go towards the dentist

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I treated myself to this absolute monster earlier today, it was amazing!
    IMG_8824.JPEG

I had my second vaccine jab today too, now I'm just flopped in front of my laptop whilst my arm starts to slowly ache more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Same with Taneli, I had my second jab today. My arms ache like 10 minutes after the jab, hopefully I won't have any fever tomorrow.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    *stops the tumbleweed from rolling further*

All Leas feel so quiet lately, I hope everyone is doing fine.

Just having some chamomile tea here, while taking a small break from organizing some study notes for tomorrow.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    September has been absolutely awful over here and I've been under terrible stress, but the worst of it is over now and I'm trying to catch up on some rest... The past few weeks have made me reevaluate some life choices, so I'm mulling over what I'm going to do next.

Currently I'm taking a break from cleaning though R and I have guests over the weekend, so we have to make sure the usual chaos is hidden away by then xD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    September has been mega stressful for me too, I had so much going on and it got me all

Right now I'm alternating between doing laundry, making food, and watching learning material for my uni modules. You could say it's organised chaos

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Organised chaos is a term I can very much relate to, haha.

Sorry to hear September has been so stressful for both of you. I hope things are already a bit better now.

I was having lunch here, having a weird blast from the past find, when I came across the lion king content I posted in the other thread...and I've been watching that since then.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The reason I haven't been here in a while is, because I just couldn't be bothered. The few people I do talk to, just seems a lot easier via what's app/messenger.
    And I've just not really been in the mood to be honest. One of them ...
    The past few months have been terrible, and good, and then terrible again.
    Maybe finally things are looking up, but I won't say it too loud *sigh*

We'll be heading of in 2 weeks though to Blackpool for a few days, a gift from Adam's job.
    Mid-December. If the weather is going to be like it is right now, we'll freeze all our limbs off, lol, but hey, at least we'll have some fun doing so

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu