I hear you.
Went to a job agency on Tuesday, for a receptionist job, a very good job, loads of different tasks.
Full time, in town, 5 minute walk.

Instead I'm walking out (almost), with a temp job for a month "copy typing".
Next town, 50 minute travel, and by train.

Are you kidding me? Over the phone all great and all, but once they see me "eww no, can't put that at reception".
So, first I'm great, got the skills, the experience, but then you take 1 look at me, the way I look, or dress, and that automatically makes me a dumbass in your eyes?
As that's kind of what it comes down to.

I felt so humiliated
Especially, since the girl who was contacting me over the phone and e-mail, couldn't even change certain things in the standard mail they sent out to people, and her phrases were build very wrong, and full of typo's.
Like: girl, I SHOULD BE DOING YOUR JOB!!!

She asked me on Monday over the phone to go to their website to fill out all kinds of info.
Personal stuff, work stuff, etc ...
I get there on Tuesday "please fill this out": all the same things I had done the day before online, they wanted it written too now.
= THE EXACT SAME THINGS THAT ARE ON MY CV = WHICH SHE HAD IN HER HAND!!

I'm barerely out the door, and she mails me ?? "can you please go online again and fill out more things".
I mail back that I done everything it asked from me "no, address and date of birth".

Oh, you mean: WHAT I JUST WROTE DOWN ON THE PAPERS YOU GAVE ME ???

An absolute joke.

Sorry, I really needed to vent and get this out, I've been so upset since I got back home from that "appointment".
I've never felt this bad coming from a job agency. 36 years old, feeling so humiliated, by knowing I'm good enough, but they take one look at you, and all they can offer is the crap jobs.