Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Phantom of the Opera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up The Phantom of the Opera

Has anyone here seen this movie yet? If you haven't, you should, it's very good. This is one of the best movies I have ever seen. If you have seen it, what did you think of it? I just can't get over how good this movie was!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw bits and pieces of it, but never stuck with it. I haven't stuck with many movies this year (we get them in the academy, but I'm usually playing a video game or online when everybody else is watching it). Maybe I'll see it sometime on my own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just saw it, and WOW is it good. The only problem is that the guy who played the Phantom had never sung before...and it kinda shows...
    But other than that, pure awesomeness

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hmmmm I don't know if I've seen this yet. Hmmmm. XD I LOVE Phantom of the Opera. I squealed when I saw this topic. I've seen the movie a few times. I've seen it on stage too. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Phantom and TLK are the best things in the world! XD Anyone else seen it on stage? *points to banner and av* Mmmm

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i've seen it. i loved the music, enough to buy the soundtrack, but the story line as a whole was extrememly stupid in my opinion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Why's it stupid? Just curious.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the girl annoyed me. she had a choice between the phantom and raul and couldnt make up her mind. I mean, this phantom guy is a creep (he's been watching her from behind a one way mirror since she was a kid), a murderor, and she thinks he's her father....and yet she still loves him? And she loves Raul too. Realistically, she should forget about the phantom and just move far away and live with Raul, cuz staying at the theater is putting everyone else's lives at risk.
    heh dont get mad though, its only my opinion. dont wanna start a war or anything ^^; the music was phenominal though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i heard songs abut it like Nightwis Phatom of the opra aswell as a very cool remix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    DEAR LORD I WANT TO SEE THAT MOVIE SO BADLY!

*ahem* yes... and a little apology for the caps lock.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'd like to see it... I don't get to go to the theaters that much...
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is a remake of an old french movie, but i haven't seen one of them

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Those that want to see it, I really think you should. It makes me cry/laugh/happy all at once. Kind of like TLK. I love it.

Originally posted by Sankao
    Is a remake of an old french movie, but i haven't seen one of them
    Actually it's not. It's a movie adaptation of the musical on Broadway, the West End and pretty much everywhere else. There are several old movies with Lon Chaney and Claude Rains but those are a totally different animal.

Originally posted by jannali
    the girl annoyed me. she had a choice between the phantom and raul and couldnt make up her mind. I mean, this phantom guy is a creep (he's been watching her from behind a one way mirror since she was a kid), a murderor, and she thinks he's her father....and yet she still loves him? And she loves Raul too. Realistically, she should forget about the phantom and just move far away and live with Raul, cuz staying at the theater is putting everyone else's lives at risk.
    heh dont get mad though, its only my opinion. dont wanna start a war or anything ^^; the music was phenominal though
    I won't get mad. That is so totally the opposite of what a lot of phans think. I don't think I've ever seen that view before. I mean we all have issues with Christine (for several reasons really). In the book, the only reason she doesn't choose the Phantom is because he's not handsome. But yeah. The music is the real star.

Sorry if I sound like a "know it all" or whatever, but *points at av and sig again* I just really love it. :-)

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Koana
    I just saw it, and WOW is it good. The only problem is that the guy who played the Phantom had never sung before...and it kinda shows...
    But other than that, pure awesomeness
    Gerard Butler. Though, I'm not sure myself, if he actually did sing.

And yes, I've seen the movie, hehe. It wasn't all too bad, and it was pretty good, as well as the broadway play. I mean, it was also sort of obvious to why Christine didn't pick the Phantom. I'm not really a fan, but I'll agree that it was a great movie. And...the music was fantastic. I've got it on soundtrack too. =/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by shadow
    i heard songs abut it like Nightwis Phatom of the opra aswell as a very cool remix
    Lol Shadow that is not realted with the movie =/ . Iron Maiden's Phantom of the opera version ir great too =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by HasiraKali

I won't get mad. That is so totally the opposite of what a lot of phans think. I don't think I've ever seen that view before. I mean we all have issues with Christine (for several reasons really). In the book, the only reason she doesn't choose the Phantom is because he's not handsome. But yeah. The music is the real star.

Sorry if I sound like a "know it all" or whatever, but *points at av and sig again* I just really love it. :-)
    lol everyone's different i guess. it makes the world go round :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i ain't seen it and proberly won't see it either to be honest it dosn't seem like my kinda film
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by jannali
    lol everyone's different i guess. it makes the world go round :-)
    Yes, this is true. Think how boring it would be if everyone thought the same thing.

I love the Nightwish cover. There's also a punk rock cover by Me First and The Gimme Gimmes. It's... interesting.

And I love Gerry. Yes. Not the best Phantom but certainly not the worst... And his acting certainly makes up for his less than perfect voice.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    haha i have the phantom of the opera as my ringtone now hehe its awwwesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion King Stu
    i ain't seen it and proberly won't see it either to be honest it dosn't seem like my kinda film
    Ditto...

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw it just after crimbo, awesome movie