Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: The Lion Guard - Season 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I finished it a few days ago, and yes I agree, this season is the best!

Like Vidan says, I also see they stepped up from what Disney Jr. usually offers. Even compared to the previous two seasons, characters feel more developed this time around, Kion especially.
    Kion's struggle with his anger and his healing process is one of the best ideas they've had for the show. I've always loved Kion, but he has always been a bit too perfect of a character. He really needed a makeover with a real flaw, and now that he has it, we do care more about him, like Fuli does whenever he suffers an episode.

I believe there's a metaphor where the venom in his scar represents something like trauma, or negative thoughts eating you from the inside causing you to be mean and aggressive towards others. I think it's very relatable in that sense (at least it reminded me of my own anger issues when I was a teenager) and both the journey and his time in the Tree of Life serve as part of his therapy. Maybe there's more to it than that, I want to rewatch the episodes again and see it all from that angle.

Now, I'll give the SPOILER button a shot ...

Last edited by Leorgathar; September 8th, 2019 at 09:13 AM.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)