Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lion Guard - Season 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do like new Kion. So much fire with this season.

♩ "Summer's going fast, nights growing colder.
    Children growing up, old friends growing older.
    Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
    Make each sensation a little bit stronger." ♩

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Soo who else has binge watched the last season? I just finished the second batch of episodes (to avoid any and all spoilers because I did not want to stumble on anything) and ahhhhhh! This is by far the best season of them all. I loved pretty much every bit of it... except the middle part of the very last episode. That was pretty WTF and kind of ruined it for me But I loved the ending once the WTF stuff was over, and I loved all the new characters - especially Rani, Janna and Azaad <3

Sad now that the show is over, but happy all the same that it ended so well - whoever said that we were in for a treat with season 3 sure was right

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I also just finished watching season 3. The last half was really good and the way they ended it made a lot of sense, for various reasons. And it felt like they escaped from their Disney Junior cage just a bit.

Kanu, I also felt like the last episode was a bit off, but more so that it felted rushed than anything else. I was quite happy with the way things ended overall. The ending felt earned.

Anybody else besides Kanu and me who are all caught up? I want to talk spoilers. Talking in vague generalities is hard.

Last edited by Vidan; September 6th, 2019 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I finished it a few days ago, and yes I agree, this season is the best!

Like Vidan says, I also see they stepped up from what Disney Jr. usually offers. Even compared to the previous two seasons, characters feel more developed this time around, Kion especially.
    Kion's struggle with his anger and his healing process is one of the best ideas they've had for the show. I've always loved Kion, but he has always been a bit too perfect of a character. He really needed a makeover with a real flaw, and now that he has it, we do care more about him, like Fuli does whenever he suffers an episode.

I believe there's a metaphor where the venom in his scar represents something like trauma, or negative thoughts eating you from the inside causing you to be mean and aggressive towards others. I think it's very relatable in that sense (at least it reminded me of my own anger issues when I was a teenager) and both the journey and his time in the Tree of Life serve as part of his therapy. Maybe there's more to it than that, I want to rewatch the episodes again and see it all from that angle.

Now, I'll give the SPOILER button a shot ...

Last edited by Leorgathar; September 8th, 2019 at 09:13 AM.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ahh, I haven't managed to get the spoiler button to work before, but this time it looks like I got it!

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Over the last couple weeks, I've just binged watched from where I left off (Season 2 Let Sleeping Crocs Lie) And funnily enough, that's when things started getting interesting, I can't remember why I stopped watching but got immediately hooked again.

But season 3 was in a league of its own, I -Loved- it !. Not without its flaws of course but I agree to everything mentioned above. It was more enjoyable to watch then this year's remake, ha! xD. Battle of the pride lands blew me away, was soooo good 8D. No need to repeat what eveyone else has mentioned xP. I even liked the changed opening and ending credits showing their journey which was a nice touch. Watch it while listening to the game of thrones opening tune for amusement xP