Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lion Guard - Season 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Lion Guard - Season 3

Today Disney Jr revealed the first image from the 3rd season of The Lion Guard and... THIS is what has me hyped up now
    (Seriously, for those of us who are bummed about the new movie, the timing is just perfect xD)

IMG_20190718_113140.jpg

Our Kion is growing up! and he has a scar on his left eye now!

Also, this is what was said along with the tweeted image:

The #CircleofLife continues! Join the #LionGuard as they
    start their journey to the Tree of Life on August 3 at 9a on
    Disney Junior. #LionKing
    So apparently the Guard will be going on some kind of journey, possibly along with Makini and Anga, as seen in the image. And what is the Tree of Life? could it be a reference to the Tree of Life in Animal Kingdom? Let the theorizing begin!

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So stoked! Again, this is way more exciting than the film, haha

It's really cool to see the characters have aged and I'm very curious to see how they continue to deal with the Kion/Scar foreshadowing, especially now since he has a scar too...

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have yet to see The Lion Guard. Maybe it's time to start *hmm*.
    Seen first 3 episodes when visiting Audra, and that's 3 years ago in October

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm more excited about this than I am about the movie... This is sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What, Kion has a scar? I sort of left off watching after a while.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hehe, time to pick up the Lion Guard again! I'm really looking forward to the Night Pride story and I'm wondering where it's all going in general, since they did claim "The Lion Guard" storyline will connect TLK and Simba's Pride.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, I saw the first episode of the series, but not any past that. It’s not that I thought it was bad at all, the story was good if a bit standard, but I just forgot the show was a thing.

However, if there is an interesting ongoing story line with decent character development, as seems to be the case her, I might have to start watching it. Especially if the quality is anything like Disney’s other recent shows (Gravity Falls, Big Hero 6 and the remake of DuckTales)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok guys, now this is huge!

On the first Season 3 episode we'll finally learn how Scar got his scar! Like... for real this time!

I'll put a link to the article instead of the video, because... SPOILERS
    (I couldn't resist and already saw it xD but it's a big spoiler)

https://www.tvinsider.com/799338/the...david-oyelowo/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If that's really it? The lamest thing ever.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I managed to avoid the spoilers on Twitter for about 5 minutes I dunno. The scene itself was kinda lame I must say, but I want to know more before I completely write it off Also, y'know, who is that guy??

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was expecting a decent fight.

Not a Nick Fury situation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't think it was lame :'D I actually liked it. But I agree it needs more context and raises some questions, even more with the Season 3 trailer:

I'm just guessing, but maybe the scar is some kind of curse? And Kion is now cursed too like Scar was, and they now have to go on a journey to the Tree of Life for Kion to heal? I don't know, but it seems the scar will have a big significance, rather than being, you know, just a scar xP
    I find it kind of intriguing.

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    With seeing the new movie now, I did expect he would have gotten it through something we hear him say in the movie.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ^ I thought about that, and I wonder if they meant for it to be implied that it was given to him by Mufasa - "I wouldn't dream of challenging you... again..."

None the less, yeah, in the TLG storyline, the scar surely seems to be more than just a scar and more like a curse *nods* I'm even more intrigued by this trailer in any case Hoping there will be more actual explanations in the episode.

-----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It sucked me in that's for sure. The trailer says final season, too, it's going to be super interesting to see how they wrap it up and tie in to SP. Although I'm a little surprised, with the new movie I'd think they would eek another season or 2 out of the renewed popularity.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I saw the Scar spoiler too...Thought that it was a lame way to get his scar to be honest...but regardless, I'm still really looking forward to this and the trailer does look very cool!

Soooo...what was Scar called until before that certain moment?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just finished watching the season opener Loved it! By TLG standards it was awesome, and I can see now how they're going to tie in the show with SP Looking forward to the rest of the season!

There's a lot I want to talk about But I'll hold off for now until everyone who wants to has had a chance to see it!

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I saw it too, and I think it's remarkably good!
    There's a real lot of improvement from the earlier seasons: Better animation, better visuals, better musical score, and more importantly, it has some really good character development! They introduced some very interesting changes in some of them, and it's so exciting x3
    I also enjoyed seeing all the callbacks from the original Lion King, TLK2, and several other TLG episodes (If you've seen all the episodes so far, you'll catch all the details)

.....OK, it does have a few cheesy moments that made me raise my eyebrow but it's still much better for TLG standards, so I'll forgive them. I take this over the new movie a zillion times more.

I've seen a couple of the new episodes now too, and I'm really enjoying this new arc. I can't wait either to see how this all ties in to SP

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oooh, that sounds interesting though, leading up to SP?

I really should start watching the series I guess. Only seen 3 so far.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have watched about 5 episodes from the new season so far. I like the whole concept of this season a lot more and, like you guys said, it seems quite clear now how it'll connect TLK and SP. I am quite relieved for that.

There are some geography things that make me roll my eyes now and then, but in the end, I suppose I should just see the whole Lion Guard/ Lion King universe as fantasy? Can't explain a lot of things otherwise.Also, the villain(s) of this plotline so far don't convince me very much (motive-wise), but I'm still looking forward to how it will all develop.