Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Photobucket's slow death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Photobucket's slow death.

Rumor is that Photobucket is soon going to stop allowing hotlinking of pictures (which is basically what everyone on earth has done with it for the last 15 years) unless you want to pay them something to the tune of $200 a year.

It was basically dead from all the ads anyway, but this sort of makes it official. If you have any artwork that I (or anyone else!) gave you that was linked to from Photobucket, make sure you start saving & backing it up to your computer.

I have a stupid amount of crap to download and them I'm deleting my account. I haven't been able to use it for ages due to it freezing up on all the ads anyway.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was wondering what was going on. I read something on the site, but didn't quite understand.
    Shame. I have all my trip report pictures on there, and so much more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Photobucket is struggling to survive with all the competitor in the industry, of course PB was huge 10 years ago but with Imgur and social media, they had to suffer like this. I only wish that other photo album software or website could allow to transfer our files into the new one.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group