Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Music only?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Campaign for a complete TLK score release

Well I was reading through the TLK2 Soundtrack thread and decided that I'd stop being lazy and get round to making this thread (that I hinted at in the aforemntioned thred) about getting a campaign together to get a complete score release for The Lion King. I've been thinking about this fro a long time as I, like many many other I'm sure, would love to hear a complete score for the film but never got round to doing anything about it.

Anyway, onto the important stuff. Petitions have been mentiond for this, but regardless of how many people you get to sign them, they really do very little good. The Powers That Be (TPTB) rarly take any notice of such things, although it can sometimes be a good thing to back up a campaign such as this. Where the real power is is direct communication with TPTB. Letters, phone calls, faxes and e-mails (in that order) are all taken more seriously than a petition by itself. The people that we would want to contact would be Disney, Disney's distributors (the company who actually puts the CDs out) and Hans Zimmer or his recording comapny or agent. We would need to target specific people though, which I can research if we get enough intrest, otherwise there would be no point.

Also, recently I happend across a company who release movie and TV scores scpecifically, they can be found here it might be worth adding them to the list as a potential distributer of the score.

that may seem like a lot of work, but I for one think it'll be worth it if we can get a release, and from my experience if we can get enough people together to make TPTB listen to us we may have a very good chance of making it happen. But we do need numbers, if we can get enough people interested I can go into more detail and start researching individuals to target.

I hope we can get enough people together to make this work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hm. Somehow, I don't see this working.

I'm willing to try though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My dad works for the entertainment industry, so if he's ever working with Hans somehow I'll be sure to ask him directly. But I remember reading about something like if you leave out one of the AV cables with the Laserdisc version of TLK, you'll get the score and no talking. So if somebody has a Laserdisc player and could record the music and put it online, that would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm interested... very interested...
    I'm listenin'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    ...So if somebody has a Laserdisc player and could record the music and put it online, that would be great.
    KCN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i have no clue whats going on, but ill give it a shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Simba_2004
    KCN
    Where's him when you need him... Just j/k.

*ahem* Okay, that wasn't funny, I know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the score would be really nice...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, one major problem about that is convincing Disney to produce it, albeit that's why the complete score was never released in the first place. I'm pretty sure that Hans Zimmer wanted to release the complete score, but that would be a CD in itself and Disney did not have enough songs on the regular CD without the score, so Disney probably figured that most people didn't care about and would get bored with the entire score, they just wanted the "best" parts of it. I'm pretty sure that Hans would have a personal CD with just the score on it. If I ever meet him somehow, I'll ask for a copy of the CD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It would probably be very expensive and time-consuming to etch more songs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, one major problem about that is convincing Disney to produce it, albeit that's why the complete score was never released in the first place. I'm pretty sure that Hans Zimmer wanted to release the complete score, but that would be a CD in itself and Disney did not have enough songs on the regular CD without the score, so Disney probably figured that most people didn't care about and would get bored with the entire score, they just wanted the "best" parts of it. I'm pretty sure that Hans would have a personal CD with just the score on it. If I ever meet him somehow, I'll ask for a copy of the CD.
    Well that's what I'm hoping we can show Disney, that there are people who want a complete score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd really really like to hear the complete score too, of course!

I think it's a possible possibilty . i mean, look at the finding nemo soundtrack, it's just all orchestral music, with one singing song at the end. I guess that's all they could have put on a CD for that movie but still, they need to realize people will buy this if they release it.

I *think* somebody talked about it on IMDB about how they wanted the score. I'd check the forum archives there but can't be bothered ATM

Anyway, i'm willing to send emails and stuff to get this to happen I won't be surprised if nothing happens though, but we do have to try! I really like Hans Zimmers scores, so this would be great to add to what i have

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I really don't think Disney cares ...

I've signed so many petitions already ... and still we haven't seen any progress in the things that we signed for.

But I'm always willing to give it a try, then at least you can't say, we didn't try

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by TeeKay
    Well that's what I'm hoping we can show Disney, that there are people who want a complete score.
    I doubt it would happen, we'd need a LOT of people to sign it (like in the tens of thousands) because we all know that they're in it for the money, but if we only have a few people signing it then it wont work. The only option that I could see is with a laserdisc... I would've said to petition to Zimmer himself to release the score, but then again it's Disney's rights to it as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It will be hard, like for Jurassic Park I signed a petition thing for them to release the original score for JPIII, the one that was never released in stores and handed to select people and we had 1000s of people sign it and when we turned it in, they just shoved it back in our faces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If only Zimmer's kids were TLK fanatics as well, I'm sure that they would have the complete score...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it's like I said, petitions by themselves do very little good. TPTB just don't pay attention to them regardless of how many people you get to sign them. Online petitions are even worse as it's so easy to sign it with many different e-mail addresses.

The secret to sucess with something like this is direct contact with TPTB, letters faxes and emails is what it's all about. If we get the word out to enough people I see no reason why it should have an effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All these sound so formal and... scary.
    If i can be of any help, i'll try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My dad works for the entertainment industry, so if he's ever working with Hans somehow I'll be sure to ask him directly. But I remember reading about something like if you leave out one of the AV cables with the Laserdisc version of TLK, you'll get the score and no talking. So if somebody has a Laserdisc player and could record the music and put it online, that would be great.
    Just tried it out. It doesn't work. I tried using a few different modes my LD player play stuff in and the was only able to drop the volume of the talking to almost nothing with the score still at max volume but you can still hear what they're saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dang. Oh well, it's good that you tried KCN

If somebody had some really advanced sound editing program they could probably sit there and painstakingly remove the voices somehow, but they'd also have to remove all the SFX as well, so it would take ages

Anyway, just to add to the idea that we should try for this, there are heaps of people out there who are fans of Hans Zimmer's musical scores, and TLK is regarded as one of his best ever, so i'm sure sales of this would be beneficial for Disney. I'm willing to send emails, but i couldn't do faxes and stuff like that.