Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Episode 17 - Janja's New Crew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode 17 - Janja's New Crew

With the 1st season slowly reaching its end, I thought I'd finally get around to writing about the last few episodes from where we left off. The next episode doesn't come out until February 24th, so there's more than enough time to talk about these

Now, Janja's New Crew... I'm not sure there was a lesson to learn in this one at all, it was just a filler episode really. If we learned something it was that Janja can be incredibly stupid sometimes, and that both Cheezi and Chungu aren't really evil by themselves. If given the chance they could live peacefully in the Pridelands eating only leftovers and not causing any trouble (since they're not allowed to hunt, because Pridelands logic xP), but they still prefer to just be with Janja and follow him wherever he goes. I guess the series must follow the "everything goes back to normal at the end" rule.

The other hyenas, Nne and Tano were much smarter in comparison, even bullying Janja about his uselessness. They weren't explored so much as characters, but I'd still like to see them again sometime. I bet they'd pose a bigger threat than Janja for the Lion Guard if they acted independently.

The highlight of the episode... Chungu singing a parody version of Kion's Lament, and then interrupting it with "Oh look! Antelopes!" xD It's disappointing that this is what we got instead of an actual song in the episode, but hey, it made me laugh
    Last edited by Leorgathar; January 19th, 2017 at 12:19 AM.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)