Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Chronicles of the Pride Lands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Shatara

I tried reading CotPL. Once. Between excessive length, non-compelling characters, and the lamest scarring story I've ever read, I haven't tried since. The Appenecies were more interesting then the story.

Tales from the Outlands is the story that got me writing.
    I could not agree with you more there!

Too long, drawn out, overrated and just... awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I read it once, cant hardly remember any details now. I thought it was good at the time anyways. :E

The Enigma is one of my favs, maybe even my no. 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    I could not agree with you more there!

Too long, drawn out, overrated and just... awful.
    Yay! I'm not alone in my anti-CotPL-ness!! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Chronicles of the Pride Lands

Originally posted by Roku
    Has anyone here read "The Chronicles of the Pride Lands?"
    What do you think?
    In my opinion, I think it is an incredible fanfiction achievement. I think they are good enough to be published books. I enjoyed every word of the stories. There are many different stories, each one connecting to the last. They are very in depth, detailed, and unique. I know they will be remebered TLK classics!
    I read the stories last year and recently uncovered them again.
    I would like to read it but i don't have the time at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's no way I'd be able to read it simply sitting at my computer screen. I try to read peoples' fanfics, but can't. It's so much better when I have something in book form. Be cool if this woul dget published if they didn't have to pay all the royalties for using the TLK chars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Definitely, Kristyn. I dunno what it is about holding a book in your hands and turning the pages and that, but reading material on the computer screen is much harder to do and doesn't have the same meaning, or the same charm, than would sitting down in a comfy chair or in bed with a good story. And that's the other thing...royalties and copyrights and all that greedy junk. I guess that's what you get for building upon another person's (in this case, company's) idea. I don't expect to see any fanfic story published, no matter how beautifully written or masterfully done. And that's a real shame, because several of them out there are certainly excellent candidates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    whats enigma about then? seems like alot of people like it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Enigma basically re-writes the ending of TLK so that Simba finds out that he couldn't have been the one responsible for Mufasa's death, by talking with other characters and going back to the sites of the events and finally putting the pieces together. In contrast, in the movie it isn't till Scar has Simba right where he wants him and tells him his 'little secret' that Simba realizes the same thing, that it wasn't him but Scar that killed Mufasa. I like the story Enigma version as much as the 'real thing.' There is much more to the story than that though, there are several added characters and the way it is written is very excellently done, but I'm not going to say anything else about it so as not to reveal anything I shouldn't. If anyone's still reading this and is interested, I'm almost positive you can find it at lionking.org.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Chronicle of the Pridelands is one of my favourite fanfics..Yes, the characters are not what they are like in the movie, but it's a nice twist, and the story is very immersive. But it is definately extremeeeeeellly long, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's multiple stories in CotPL? What am I reading then? It's where it starts with Scar and Muffy's birth, retells the TLK story, and ends with Sarabi and Mufasa and Scar in the 'place beyond death' aka what could be a leonid Heaven I guess. And its about 110 pages long...am I just reading all the stories 'sewed together' then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i adore chronicals. there are about seven parts, each a coupls of hundreed pages long. one of the finest pieces of fan fiction ever written.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are 4 stories:

The Legacy of Ahadi
    The Spirit Quest
    Shadow of the Makei
    Under the Acacias

All are available at lionking.org.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you missed:

"the leonid saga" and "the promise" which are both companion pieces to CotPL.

there is also a short which has Zira in it. http://kublia.lionking.org/fanfic/cotpl_v4.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think CoTPL is one of the best written fics out there. There were moments I laughed out loud, cried, and fell in love with all of the original characters all over again. I definately think it doesn't get enough credit, so it made me really happy to see you praising that work here! XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Best FanFics, EVA! IMO i think they're fantastic, and long, and I like long!