Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Chatroom Options

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[edited]

[/edited]
    Last edited by Guntur; October 28th, 2016 at 07:30 PM.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Then what's the use of this Lea forum still?

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Huh? Oo
    Sorry, I don't get it, because of the edits. u
    Last edited by Kirauni; October 29th, 2016 at 01:14 PM.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright, I'm reviving the thread, Discord is just basically a chat software that could access through mobile phone/Cell phone, on web browser, and a software that you can download and login automatically. Just remember it just flexible as ever that it have chat log, voice channel, and the main chat.

here's an example of a chatroom that I joined.

Mostly people using this easy for video games, or running a guild, or anything game related. But others use this just for forming an alternative to chat through mobile phone quicker and on fly. Trust me, you could connect with your Lea friends better through the app on phone instead of opening Tapatalk. But seriously, if you want a chat room on the fly that we could connect together, I'm endorsing using this as a platform as alternative to communicate.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for clearing it up!
    You have to register for discord/make an account, right? Do you need a special software? And how did you find out about this?

So if I get everything right... This is something like Skype, Teamspeak or Mumble and you'd like to create a "channel" for members here to join? So that you can post messages or even have voice chats?

I've just experienced something similiar on my German TLK board a few months ago. A user there has opened a skype group for forum members to join where they can talk about general things and also have a real voice chat.
    At first, I thought we didn't need another chat. I'm more a "forum person" meaning that I don't have much time to spare and I prefer to read and take my time. In realtime chats things are happening so fast that I can hardly keep up XD
    When I play DayZ together with some friends (also members of the German-speaking TLK discussion board), I also use mumble. There we talk about the game, but also about a lot of other things. It's nice, but I don't consider it as a part of the forum and it's not for forum members only But I had a hard time to install mumble and start using a headset... I'm rather shy and I'm not very comfortable with using a phone XD
    However, I started to feel comfortable in my group and so I don't have any problems at all. But I still don't think I have the time to join the skype group of my forum. I appreciate the idea and the members seem to like it, but I'm afraid I can't handle everything (forum, work, family, houswork.... you name it!).
    So I haven't joined the group yet. Lucky for me, I don't get the feeling that I'm missing something or that other people are talking about things I should know. So as you can see, having a voice chat surely is a nice addition to a forum for those who love things like that. But for people like me, it's also okay not to join in. If that's respected, I'm all in for it

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think discord is cool and all, and I'd even created a Lea channel when I first found it and registered, but I don't think it's really something we need on this forum right now. If we still had the high traffic that we used to, I think it would be really cool, but we don't.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    I think discord is cool and all, and I'd even created a Lea channel when I first found it and registered, but I don't think it's really something we need on this forum right now. If we still had the high traffic that we used to, I think it would be really cool, but we don't.
    Yeah, Just like how Yahoo Group works like decades ago I'm sure we'll getting the same concept but with a little extra on top of it.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group