Thanks Thanks:  19
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reimagined The Lion King confirmed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no one wants a meal that's fluffy and light, I need a man who brings a man sized appetite

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hell no!

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is this an eraly April Fool's joke?...

First, let me say that I'm not able to judge Beyonce's voice acting talent, because I've never heard her doing it before.
    However, this is just what feels so wrong with it. I don't know about other countries, but here in Germany there's a kind of "trend" to use popular people (singers, podacasters, youtubers...) as voice actors for certain movies. They don't necessarily have to be professionals. The fact that they even hired a famous German football/soccer player (Lukas Podolski) for the porcupine in the Lion Guard shows this quite well.
    Some might think it's cool to have celebrities do the voice acting, but in my opinion it's rather problematic.
    You see, the problem is that some people imply that just because your using your voice everyday (more or less) in a professional way, you're automatically able to do voice-acting. Can't be that hard, right?
    Well, my experience shows that many of these "stars" tried really hard to do a good job. I don't blame them, but most of the failed miserably.
    I can tell pretty well if someone is a professional voice actor or if somebody just got hired because they were famous.

In short: being able to sing doesn't automatically qualify you to voice a character. Maybe Beyonce is a good voice-actress. I can't tell yet, but I'd prefer a professional voice-actor to be Nala's voice.
    I really hate it if you're trying to watch a movie and you're constantly reminded that the person who voices a character is no professional. Voice-acting is so much more than just reading some text or singing... That kind of destroys the "immersion" and it really bugs me sometimes.
    I've also talked to Janja's German voice actor about this whole "let's-hire-a-star"-issue and he as a professional also gets quite frustrated by this. It also shows that there is only little respect to the hard work they all do which makes me kind of sad.

Let's wait and see... I still hope they'll come up with fine voices in the end

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ^ I agree with everything Kirauni said.

I feel like they'd cast Beyonce for the sole purpose of selling more tickets, because she's famous, not necessarily because she's a good pick for Nala... I mean, Beyonce was great in Dreamgirls and I don't doubt that she can act. But Nala? Just... no thank you. It feels wrong...

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This made me cringe, and cringe, and cringe a lot
    I agree with everything said. I hope it's just a rumor and nothing more xP

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Can she sing? Sure, I like her voice, I like some of her songs.

But I don't like it at all when she speaks, I feel it's "made", and her voice crackles, I don't know how to say that in English, lol, I feel that when she speaks she doesn't speak fluent, which bugs me so much when I listen to her talk.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's certainly an interesting choice if it is the one they've made. I can't say I'm thrilled. But if they had cast her, and I didn't know who it was, I would probably never know because I'm not familiar enough with her voice to pick it out.

At the very least, the quality of Beauty and the Beast, and the new songs they wrote for that, have given me a lot more hope for TLK.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh no. And the circus rolls on.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Guys...

Simba will be gay in the upcoming live-action The Lion King remake.

It's been confirmed, and it's the best news I've seen all day

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nice one, Leor There's probably already fan art of Naji out there somewhere, in the depths of the internet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hahaha Well, then we know that Beyonce is out ;D

Naji is a nice name!

-----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Well, then we know that Beyonce is out ;D
    They actually wanted Jay-Z
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I believe Nala should have a very warm strong motherly voice like Moira Kelly, If they use Beyonce as a singing voice I'm down with that, nothing wrong with that.

I'm really up for Jill Scott for Nala, Don't know her acting background but at least this one is a diamond in a rough.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was actually talking with Pat the other day about whether or not they'll make Timon and Pumbaa gay. One could argue that they already are, but I never saw them that way. He doesn't think they would, but who knows.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We got a release date!!

July 19th, 2019

And it's pretty close to TLK's 25th anniversary too. It'll be a great year to be a TLK fan!
    So with that knowledge in mind... Maybe we could plan a meeting?
    Last edited by Leorgathar; April 25th, 2017 at 07:17 PM.

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Oh, goodie...

I just came across this article as well: http://movieweb.com/lion-king-disney...reau-approach/

CGI TLK á la Jungle Book sounds confirmed (as if it was ever in doubt). Also still freaking Beyoncé.

The more I hear, the more I resent this remake. After Beauty & the Beast I must say I have no faith at all. I'll still go and see it of course, which I guess is the whole point of it, so Disney has already won anyway...

Meet-up would be great though c:

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ah well, you know me, I'm just a bit too optimistic at times xP I still have very mixed feelings though.

I haven't seen Beauty and the Beast yet, but the work on character redesigns there certainly makes me cringe, despite the positive reviews, I don't think the magic feels the same, and I do worry that the same will happen in TLK.
    On the other hand, I recently got around to watch the Making-Of featurettes from The Jungle Book and... I was very impressed. I'm thinking that while Favreau's team won't succeed in giving TLK the same appeal of the original, they might still do something really impressive in a different way, and I'm hoping it'll be at least much better than Beauty and the Beast.
    So for now I'm clinging to that thought xD

Still baffled about Beyoncé, though, I hope it's just a rumor >_<

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The whole thing baffles me, haha!

Ill go see it 'just because', but I'm pretty sure I need to be dragged to the movies, instead of going out of free will.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    In other weird casting news, apparently Billy Eichner and Seth Rogen are set to voice Timon and Pumbaa.
    http://www.thewrap.com/seth-rogen-bi...ing-exclusive/

I... don't know I'm disappointed they didn't get Ernie Sabella, he's been Pumbaa in everything that ever came after TLK, why the combo breaker?
    I guess Seth Rogen sounds a little like a warthog though, if not Pumbaa.

And Billy Eichner from "Billy on the Street" as Timon?... Ugh no, I don't really see it. He's way too annoying xP

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Billy eichner is a good actor he did a great job in a small part in hairspray live. Just wondering can Seth Rogen and billy eichner sing?
    no one wants a meal that's fluffy and light, I need a man who brings a man sized appetite