Thanks Thanks:  19
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reimagined The Lion King confirmed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I doubt they'll ever make a film of the musical, as awesome as that sounds
    Like I said, I have mixed feelings, but I guess I can be excited and curious about what new perspective will they give to TLK. The original will always be around anyway, as long as they don't touch it I'm good.

My concern is that many people are saying they're confident since the animals looked alright in The Jungle Book, when it's just simply not the same case. In TLK they'll have to do more than make realistic lions move their lips. Not even Aslan in the Narnia series looked very expressive, and I can't imagine how they'll make Zazu, Timon or Pumbaa (herbivores in The Jungle Book were barely expressive at all). But I'm also confident that they have these things considered and will come up with a solution. Maybe they won't be as realistic as in Jungle Book, who knows.

As for the cast... Mufasa is the hardest one, James Earl Jones is irreplaceable, so I'm hoping they're considering bringing him back. Jeremy Irons would also be very hard to recast, I wouldn't like anyone else, but Benedict Cumberbatch gets pretty close
    Last edited by Leorgathar; October 2nd, 2016 at 05:47 AM.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Casting wise for it Nathan Lane is the only choice for timon
    Mufasa: James earl jones or Keith David
    Sarabi: Angela Bassett
    Adult simba: Jason deruelo
    Adult Nala: brandy
    Zazu: Hugh Laurie
    Scar: pierce brosnan
    Rafiki: idris Elba
    Shenzi: whoopi Goldberg
    Banzai: George Lopez
    Ed: Jim Cummings
    Pumbaa: Kevin James
    As far as young simba and young nala they can always get actors who played them on Broadway
    no one wants a meal that's fluffy and light, I need a man who brings a man sized appetite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hugh Laurie would be a good candidate as Zazu or Scar. I'm still see Jeremy Irons as Scar in every movie he starred.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Someone even mentioned John Cleese as Zazu.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, John Cleese was considered for Zazu in the original, I don't see why not xD

Anyway, an artist (George Evangelista) made this after the announcement of the remake was made, it's his idea of what the movie might end up looking like. I personally like the art itself, it's pretty cool, but for an entire movie to look like this? I don't think so :P they better come up with something looking much better than this, otherwise it'll be a movie with many Aslans, which I think would look boring ><

Last edited by Leorgathar; October 4th, 2016 at 10:55 PM.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'd love to have a score like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLIO...ature=youtu.be

It's so awesome!

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally getting around to commenting on this

I am highly apprehensive, but also excited about this. Is it too soon? Yes, I think so. That doesn't mean that it can't be awesome though. I think that the Lion King is quite fortunate that a re-imagening in CGI of the original story can be built upon using songs and music from the musical in addition to the movie. I kinda hope it's actually going to be quite dark, at least the parts that should be. More of the Pridelands during Scar's reign etc. I think there's a lot of potential for a truly beautiful movie, but obviously loving the original so much, it will be much easier to judge harshly.

Like Kirauni, I also have very high hopes for the score. If we end up with anything like the Bare Neccesities Theme OST then I shall be highly pleased. A good score gives me chills!

I'm interested to see how they handle Mufasa's death. His on-screen death was a pretty big deal and I would hate for the lasting impression that makes to be taken away for the sake of sensitivities. They better be animating some damn good emotions into those characters, I want to be bawling my eyes out!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's a new article with Jon Favreau talking about how they'll use VR technology to develop the movie. This is certainly interesting
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...king#/slide/33

Also, the screenplay is going to be written by Jeff Nathanson (Catch Me If You Can, The Terminal, Tower Heist)

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As a die-hard fan I'm terrified of what this might be like!

Part of me agrees with Azerane, in that I hope it's 'dark'. I guess TLK was considered 'dark' by early 1990's Disney standards because it made most kids bawl their eyes out half way through (and it still gets met even now!).

There's something subtly profound about TLK, more so than any other film (Disney or otherwise) and it's very hard to quantify. When I look at the picture by George Evangelista (posted by Leorgathar) and listen to the epic orchestral cover (posted by Kirauni) I feel this would be the perfect tone for a remake! Sigh...if only!

I just hope they remain true to the spirit of the original when thinking about a re-make.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    GUYS! GUYS!!!!

Big news on this, Jon Favreau just tweeted that James Earl Jones will be back as Mufasa!!

And that's not all, he also tweeted who will be the new voice for Adult Simba, and it's Donald Glover!!! That's a very good choice I think. He'll also play young Lando Calrissian in the upcoming Han Solo movie

Link
    Last edited by Leorgathar; February 18th, 2017 at 02:32 AM.

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Already mentioned that I'm very excited about this. Very pleased that Mr Earl Jones will be returning, I just don't think the character would be the same without him as his voice is just far too distinct. Donald Glover is also a good choice I think, a nice strong voice that should carry the character well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm actually excited for this adaption! I was also very pleased to learn that James Earl Jones is returning as Mufasa! There is simply no other voice for him inmy opinion! I believe they chose a great voice for Simba too. I can't wait to see what he brings to the character. I've seen him in Community and that's about it, but I'm still eager to see his voice acting talents as a beloved character!!!
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopa View Post
    I'm actually excited for this adaption! I was also very pleased to learn that James Earl Jones is returning as Mufasa! There is simply no other voice for him in my opinion!
    I'm thinking another deep voice or Vader's clone, Jonathan Adams, who play Tyrael in Diablo 3. He would be cool if he tried to audition.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If they didn't get James earl jones as mufasa which I am happy they did I would have loved to have seen Keith David as mufasa. Love the choice of Donald glover as simba. Can't wait to see who else will be cast especially who they get as scar
    no one wants a meal that's fluffy and light, I need a man who brings a man sized appetite

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I am still just freaking p***ed off at this "reimagination" I don't even care that James Earl Jones is back.

Why are they doing this. Whyyyy.

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I listened to a clip where this Donald person speaks. At first I thought "hmm, he sounds kind of like Matthew but a bit more sharper".
    Then I kept listening to him, and I thought "what's he gonna be, young or adult Simba?"

No, not impressed so far. Just like I thought I would be, haha.

I'll try and not form opinions anymore untill it actually comes out

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    I am still just freaking p***ed off at this "reimagination" I don't even care that James Earl Jones is back.

Why are they doing this. Whyyyy.
    I feel the same way this far. I just don't feel like such a remake was necessary. I like the Lion King as it is. You could say I'm a purist I guess.

The one thing that sparked my interest when it was first announced was the potential extra depth and maturity to the story...still not enough to make me feel hyped for this though...I feel a little sad about it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    All I know is: Do we need it? No. Do we want it? Maybe. Will we watch it? Heck yes!

I'm curious if they're going to ask Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella to reprise their roles. I feel like Sabella would, since he's still voicing Pumbaa on The Lion Guard. At the same time, another comedy duo who already get along well could also provide some fresh comic relief. (My mind immediately goes to the guys from Flight of the Conchords for comedy duos, but I have no idea if they'd be appropriate; or would even do it, other than Jemaine Clement having done some Disney voices.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidan View Post
    All I know is: Do we need it? No. Do we want it? Maybe. Will we watch it? Heck yes!
    That exactly!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Very well said indeed, haha