Is this an eraly April Fool's joke?...

First, let me say that I'm not able to judge Beyonce's voice acting talent, because I've never heard her doing it before.
However, this is just what feels so wrong with it. I don't know about other countries, but here in Germany there's a kind of "trend" to use popular people (singers, podacasters, youtubers...) as voice actors for certain movies. They don't necessarily have to be professionals. The fact that they even hired a famous German football/soccer player (Lukas Podolski) for the porcupine in the Lion Guard shows this quite well.
Some might think it's cool to have celebrities do the voice acting, but in my opinion it's rather problematic.
You see, the problem is that some people imply that just because your using your voice everyday (more or less) in a professional way, you're automatically able to do voice-acting. Can't be that hard, right?
Well, my experience shows that many of these "stars" tried really hard to do a good job. I don't blame them, but most of the failed miserably.
I can tell pretty well if someone is a professional voice actor or if somebody just got hired because they were famous.

In short: being able to sing doesn't automatically qualify you to voice a character. Maybe Beyonce is a good voice-actress. I can't tell yet, but I'd prefer a professional voice-actor to be Nala's voice.
I really hate it if you're trying to watch a movie and you're constantly reminded that the person who voices a character is no professional. Voice-acting is so much more than just reading some text or singing... That kind of destroys the "immersion" and it really bugs me sometimes.
I've also talked to Janja's German voice actor about this whole "let's-hire-a-star"-issue and he as a professional also gets quite frustrated by this. It also shows that there is only little respect to the hard work they all do which makes me kind of sad.

Let's wait and see... I still hope they'll come up with fine voices in the end