Finally getting around to commenting on this

I am highly apprehensive, but also excited about this. Is it too soon? Yes, I think so. That doesn't mean that it can't be awesome though. I think that the Lion King is quite fortunate that a re-imagening in CGI of the original story can be built upon using songs and music from the musical in addition to the movie. I kinda hope it's actually going to be quite dark, at least the parts that should be. More of the Pridelands during Scar's reign etc. I think there's a lot of potential for a truly beautiful movie, but obviously loving the original so much, it will be much easier to judge harshly.

Like Kirauni, I also have very high hopes for the score. If we end up with anything like the Bare Neccesities Theme OST then I shall be highly pleased. A good score gives me chills!

I'm interested to see how they handle Mufasa's death. His on-screen death was a pretty big deal and I would hate for the lasting impression that makes to be taken away for the sake of sensitivities. They better be animating some damn good emotions into those characters, I want to be bawling my eyes out!